How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-04-2006
rising star

Dior says no to Julia Roberts
Quote:
Julia Roberts has been dropped from Dior's Hollywood wish-list - because she's not famous enough.
The 'Pretty Woman' star - who is currently starring in the hit Broadway show, 'Three Days Of Rain' - was in negotiations to be the face of a new perfume due to be launched next year, but the firm has apparently pulled out of talks.
An insider told America's New York Post newspaper: "We are not so interested anymore.
"We are looking at lots of famous women to maybe be the face."
Meanwhile, two other A-list stars have been luckier in securing lucrative advertising deals.
Oscar-winning actress Rachel Weisz has been confirmed as the new face of Burberry, while 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' star Keira Knightley has been signed up to promote Chanel cosmetics.The deal with the exclusive French house is worth $1 million dollars to Keira over a three year period.
Femalefirst.co.uk

11-04-2006
V.I.P.

Thank lord it isn't her...Not happy if they pick any other celeb woman either...I hate the Charlize Theron/J'Adore campaigns.

Last edited by Whitelinen; 11-04-2006 at 11:13 AM.
11-04-2006
fashion icon

^ Even though i adore Dior and Charlize, i totally agree with you.I hate them.

windowshopping

Julia Roberts? for Dior? Ew, that would be awful. I hated all the Charlize Theron/J'Adore campaigns as well.

13-04-2006
V.I.P.

I think this is all bs, in the first place. How in the world could Dior be associated with what Julia Roberts represent- America's Sweetheart, Pretty Woman. No executive could really think that partnership would be beneficial... then again that last line could be me talking bs as well, look how many celebrity ad campaigns have been done and will be done...

AND Kiera Knightley with Chanel .......

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by portiasullivan
Julia Roberts? for Dior? Ew, that would be awful. I hated all the Charlize Theron/J'Adore campaigns as well.
i would start wearing chanel makeup in protest. i love dior. i'm part of their Diva discount thingy. but i would totally quit them if i had to look at that woman advertising perfume next to my foundation. no way. she needs to Mick Jagger back his lips.

22-04-2006
windowshopping

I think it's got more to do with the fact that she's looking a little rough on the edges lately, which has pretty much ruined whatever glamorous image she had in the past. The question whether she's still famous enough or not, probably came second.

Last edited by GlitterGold; 22-04-2006 at 06:54 PM.
22-04-2006
fashion elite

She's past it. Shes not particularly good looking but like GlitterGold said her image carried her. Her image is kind of dated now.

23-04-2006
backstage pass

I think she is too bored to Dior, she always wears those Armani boring safes dresses to the oscars...so she is obviously past.
And I never liked her anyway...
never did any films that moved me.

23-04-2006
V.I.P.

I think it's silly to object against Julia because she's not famous enough rather their reasons should be that she just hasn't got the right image..... and it is rather dated and too wholesome for Dior.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
23-04-2006
tfs star

I'm not surprised. She hasn't done anything high quality or popular in 2 or 3 years - last achievements would be Closer and Ocean Eleven respectively. She would have been perfect in the '90s (but then, maybe not so much for Dior as some other fashion house) but nowadays there are so much hotter names in Hollywood than Julia Roberts. Also her looks aren't that spectacular anymore and the fact that her Broadway debut wasn't a success doesn't help either.

I only hope they won't be considering Lindsay Lohan...

27-04-2006
front row

Ummm Thank God? Those ads would be horrendous.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dior, julia, roberts