How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-05-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
I honestly don't get the point of this however.
Nor do I lol

08-05-2013
V.I.P.

I think they're trying to put a whimsical theatrical touch to clothes that, under Simons' direction at Dior, are rather boring.

08-05-2013
fashion elite

^that's a good point

08-05-2013
Hell on Heels

i like the second shot, although it looks like a tim walker shot. i don't get the first one. i mean i get the manet reference but the suit looks terribly out of place in my eyes.

08-05-2013
front row

This seriously serves no point. What exactly are they trying to advertise? Couture? Ready to Wear? I think it's just them trying to shove the brand down everyone's throat yet again. Ever since Galliano they have been doing exhibits, advertisements, events, etc. out the wazoo. It's like they're overcompensating and trying to make everyone forget about the man who was there for fifteen years. I'm so sick of hearing about this friggen brand. The only reason I even like this advertisement is because the setting and the photos add drama to otherwise extremely bland clothes (my mom and I, for the past two days, have been ripping his clothes apart. I got really mad when she said she liked some dresses a few weeks ago from the Spring Ctr. But she was just tired and didn't know what she was saying.) The second pic is my favourite because of all the balletic poses. But the point I don't exactly get. I didn't even like last year's Secret Garden. Whatever. All Dior is now is PR.

I'm confused, btw, about how they're selling the "Dior fantasy." Because the Dior fantasy died in 1957 and again in 2011. Raf hasn't brought any sense of whimsy or fantasy.

Last edited by lepetitcouturier; 08-05-2013 at 04:21 PM.
08-05-2013
fashion elite

It's kind of surreal. I like it, but at the same time I don't. I can't put my vinger on the sore spot.
The most enjoyable for me of the total 'Secret Garden' concept was how they used Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence and the different shots in tune with the music, but fashionwise nothing exciting.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darri View Post
Nor do I lol
me neither

08-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepetitcouturier View Post
What exactly are they trying to advertise? Couture? Ready to Wear?
They are advertising for the Prefall 2013 collection. I just think they are trying to do it in a creative way rather than the mainstream like Chanel and Gucci do. You know, the ones where it's really about the clothes, while they are trying to create a whole story around it at Dior for their Secret Garden campaigns.

What many people might not know is that Prefall and Resort collections sell better than the RTW ones, and that's the reason many more brands started doing those advertisings (Hell, even Prada started doing Prefall this season after just always doing Resort).

Also, I just think Raf's collections are exquisite and way better than what has been presented for the past 15 years.

Last edited by anlabe32; 08-05-2013 at 05:21 PM.
08-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelavender View Post
Frida Gustavsson and Katlin Aas in the first shot?

Love it too. This reminds me of an early cartoon-themed Stella McCartney Campaign by Ryan McGinley. It's vivid and lovely. The color and atmosphere here is very beautiful.
Not Frida.

08-05-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
They are advertising for the Prefall 2013 collection. I just think they are trying to do it in a creative way rather than the mainstream like Chanel and Gucci do. You know, the ones where it's really about the clothes, while they are trying to create a whole story around it at Dior for their Secret Garden campaigns.

What many people might not know is that Prefall and Resort collections sell better than the RTW ones, and that's the reason many more brands started doing those advertisings (Hell, even Prada started doing Prefall this season after just always doing Resort).

Also, I just think Raf's collections are exquisite and way better than what has been presented for the past 15 years.
There's no way someone can advertise pre-fall if you're not putting the pre--fall clothes in there. They could've easily done the campaign with a story involving the pre-fall clothes. It's been done many times.

08-05-2013
V.I.P.

beautiful clothes but i hate the location. nothing special about this.

08-05-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post

It just looks a little messy, but not bad. I do agree that maybe Raf is trying to revamp the "marketing look" for the brand, so I give him an A for effort especially since seeing the actual reference for this advertisement. I do feel a cohesiveness to last spring ads, which is actually a good thing.I don't like the second shot that much at all, honestly. I don't think the 'Meisel multi-girl campaign/spread/cover' kinda shoots don't work for Inez & Vinoohd. On the other hand though, the first one is quite lovely. I see Daria Strokous, Katlin Aas, and Marie Piovesan?

V.I.P.

Girl in the second picture, third from the left in the light pink dress HAS to be Diana Moldovan, I'm like 99.9% sure.
And the girl in the red dress, third from the right I believe is Chiharu Okunugi, I'm like 70% sure on this one.

Last edited by ad31214; 09-05-2013 at 12:27 AM.
09-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepetitcouturier View Post
There's no way someone can advertise pre-fall if you're not putting the pre--fall clothes in there. They could've easily done the campaign with a story involving the pre-fall clothes. It's been done many times.
But the clothes are Prefall...

09-05-2013
_____

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
I think they're trying to put a whimsical theatrical touch to clothes that, under Simons' direction at Dior, are rather boring.
I agree with that. Imo, this serves as Dior expanding their marketing strategy and remaining aware to the varying degrees of buying power, given how the first installment turned out to be a success. It's like LV's Art of Travel, an extension to give the brand a lifestyle on a larger scale.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dior, garden, inez, versailles”, vinoodh, “secret