How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-09-2009
tfs star

Needs to feed those four kids... needs to feed those four kids...

Keep selling those bottles, Jude. Keep selling.

02-09-2009
V.I.P.

^

That commercial officially ruined one of my fave songs.
It's so ridiculous it's funny. With all the cars and lights and the bridge and Jude's stupid smile and the kicks- were those necessary?

02-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasha View Post
Needs to feed those four kids... needs to feed those four kids...

Keep selling those bottles, Jude. Keep selling.
maybe he shouldn't have slept around

would have saved him thousands!

02-09-2009
fashion icon

He's still quite young, not even 38, so there may be more babies for him in the future.

02-09-2009
clever ain't wise

I like it. But I wish they had the original song or a better cover...I like Jude, it has to be admitted.

03-09-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by moussemaker View Post
He's still quite young, not even 38, so there may be more babies for him in the future.
God, hopefully not. I have heard that he was in enough trouble with the first three and their mother and all the payments etc. And with this new one who 'accidentally' got pregnant...

Maybe that is the message behind Dior Homme scents... they make you soooo attractive that women just want to get pregnant from you and never ever work again in their lives. Anyways, I think Jude Law is a little too old to be dancing and prancing around in an ad like this, even though I like him a lot. I mean Mat Gordon did something similar for 1 Million, but he is like... young enough.

Jude is a father etc. I don't know: maybe I am too conservative. btw, where is the real Dior Homme fragrance?? I see Dior Homme Sport and Intense... Still, I prefer the Hedi Slimane/Jamie Dornan days. This looks too Givenchy-like and ordinary for the supposed-to-be-ever-so-charismatic Dior Homme.

03-09-2009
trendsetter

I don't care what the message is Dior Homme Sport is a great scent and Intense is good too. I like that they shake things up a bit and Jude is good looking and quite sexy too IMO. He fits the brand well. And what's with this talk about his private life I wasn't aware that the private life of the models should say anything about the product. That would certainly change the way of making commercials if it was applied to all models and celebs, who endorse products..

trendsetter

I use to think he was so dreamy, now, not so much. But I must say Dior men's fragrances are great

03-09-2009
old-fashioned

a 38-year-old man is young imo, and i don't think this commercial is that silly... i'm not saying he shouldn't feel a bit silly posing like that, but i think the result kind of worked. he looks very attractive in it... the 1 million commercial was the first thing i compared this video to - for no specific reason, it just came to my mind, and even though mat gordon looked rather good in it, i think it was worse than this one, which as a whole isn't as good as jamie dornan for dior homme or olivier martinez for l'homme ysl (one of my favorite fragrance commercials ever), but is quite nice...

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by frk-frost View Post
I don't care what the message is Dior Homme Sport is a great scent and Intense is good too. I like that they shake things up a bit and Jude is good looking and quite sexy too IMO. He fits the brand well. And what's with this talk about his private life I wasn't aware that the private life of the models should say anything about the product. That would certainly change the way of making commercials if it was applied to all models and celebs, who endorse products..

He is not a model, he is a celeb. This frag will sell not because of his handsome face, but because that handsome face belongs to Jude Law the actor and celebrity.

03-09-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasha View Post
He is not a model, he is a celeb. This frag will sell not because of his handsome face, but because that handsome face belongs to Jude Law the actor and celebrity.
It's a fine line these days. Lots of models are also celebs. With bagage a lot worse than a divorce, an affair and a child born out of wedlock Also lots of people don't care about tabloid crap - they just see a pretty face. Some might not even know he's an actor I wonder if the perfume doesn't simply sell because it's a good one? My husband certainly isn't buying it because of Jude Law. Nor do the Americans or Brits' - Jude's not the face of the perfume in the US and Britain.

Last edited by frk-frost; 03-09-2009 at 05:33 PM.
03-09-2009
tfs star

Which model is a celeb other than Kate and Gisele?

And which male model is famous? Absolutely none of them. I believe the Dior Homme customer will know who Jude Law is. If not, then Dior has been throwing money away for a lots cause. Jude Law is Jude Law.

I just don't understand casting these actors and making them act liek something tehy are not in real life. The same is true with the girls as well.

03-09-2009
trendsetter

I can think of many models that are celebs but it might depend on where you live. Helena Christensen, Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campell - the whole lot of 'supermodels'. I don't see anyone not using Naomi because they don't want their brand associated with phone-throwing. Or Kate Moss with.. you know what. And celebrities sells even if it's annoying. That's why so many brands use them. That's probably also why it's almost impossible to buy a magazine without a celebrity on the cover

I wonder how the scent sells in the US and Britain compared to the rest of the world. I can easily imagine that many men buy it simply because it smells nice and it's being promoted - not because it's Jude Law in the commercial. I know my husband doesn't care about that. He doesn't even understand why they're using Jude - he think Jude only appeals to women

old-fashioned

while i agree a man wouldn't buy the perfume thinking about jude law's private life, i also think that the fact that jude law is in the ad can make you feel more interested in smelling/buying it. many men might think he isn't that attractive or cool, but many think he is (and know many women think that as well), and when you can recognize the face of a campaign, you remember it more easily.
that said, if all that cheating story was happening now, i guess he probably wouldn't be in this campaign - like kate moss when she lost many jobs (chanel ads for example), because the designers/brands didn't want to be associated with what was happening in her life (while others wanted to support her like mcqueen). now she's already "apologized" to the public and is healthier, so having her name "attached" to a brand is no longer a problem.
it may sound a bit paradoxical, but what i mean is that as long as the person isn't living a scandal, his/her private life may not influence the decision of the customers, but the fact that it's a famous appealing face may do, now if there is a scandal, it may influence the decision of the brand of (not) associating its name to that person because the customers could find it unappealing.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ana* View Post
while i agree a man wouldn't buy the perfume thinking about jude law's private life, i also think that the fact that jude law is in the ad can make you feel more interested in smelling/buying it. many men might think he isn't that attractive or cool, but many think he is (and know many women think that as well), and when you can recognize the face of a campaign, you remember it more easily.
Then it shouldn't sell as well in Britain and the US as it does in the rest of the world

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cologne, dior, homme, jude, law, lindbergh, peter, sport