How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Instead, the advertising budget — an undisclosed number — was poured into a new set of the Lady Dior handbag campaign featuring Marion Cotillard. The original set, photographed by Peter Lindbergh, started running last November and a new set with Cotillard as "Lady Red," snapped by Annie Leibovitz, has been appearing in magazines starting since the August issues (above). A sequel to Cotillard's short film for the brand, which hit the Internet in May, is planned for December.

Toledano seemed satisfied in May with the brand's move toward using more star power and away from seasonal campaigns that typically feature models: “Now we have to give more meaning. People are looking for iconic products and they want to see a product representing the values of a company.”
W O W !
A real shock ...

did these kind of things already happen for such a label ?!

I really wanna know how things will turn ...

Can anyone with STRONG skills and knowledge in advertising go deeper ? Make a good analysis of the situation ?

Because if I understand well they go much further than people like Marc Jacobs (who instead of showcasing their outfits, promote and focus on a way of life, an attitude, a family, a clan whatsoever) ...

That's BIG, isn't it ?

12-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
W O W !

Can anyone with STRONG skills and knowledge in advertising go deeper ? Make a good analysis of the situation ?
I'm not a professional or an analyst but i always checked their financial reports. There're a lot of interesting things in it. I'm going to send you a pm about that if it's okay.

Last edited by user.n.; 12-08-2009 at 08:18 AM.
12-08-2009
V.I.P.

^of course you can ...
business is not my thing, but i can try !

i wanna know, too, the impact that can have on what will happen in the house (art direction etc.)

12-08-2009
V.I.P.

i blame it on Madonna....

but srsly, WAT? that collection was one of John's recent best! and no ad campaign. do the Lady Dior bags even sell that well???

12-08-2009
clever ain't wise

I'm interested in this: "Dior CEO Sidney Toledano found the formula "wanting"" - so he either found the whole concept of advertising collections wanting - which would be quite novel - or he found the concept they had been following, as far as AD / photographic content goes, wanting. I can agree with that.

Dior has the richest advertising history of all brands. Iconic ad series are their legacy. The last years (I think from the 80s, as far as ad campaigns go) have been poor from an aesthetic perspective, and apparently also from a business perspective...

12-08-2009
V.I.P.

i'm saddened by this news 'cause i was still hoping for Dior's F/W campaign to come out. but after reading this, sigh..

fashion elite

Wow!!!!

12-08-2009
-- aGGravaTion de caS --

No campaign for Dior... now this is just sad, feel really sad...
I would prefer to see a model campaign, don't care about Lady Dior.

boop

And yet the Lady Dior ads are completely horrible and don't represent anything at all really. Let alone something iconic. Who is even wearing that monstrous collection?

This is like the episode of 'Hung' where Anne Heche's character asks her husband if they're still rich and her husband replies 'Were still rich just not as rich..."

Wake me when the recession is over. I feel like sending them an eCard that says "SRY U BLEW UR CAMPAIGN BUDGET SUX 2B U"

Last edited by Luxx; 12-08-2009 at 09:46 AM.
12-08-2009
front row

No! I kept hoping some new ads would come, just much later. It's just wrong.

12-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post
And yet the Lady Dior ads are completely horrible and don't represent anything at all really. Let alone something iconic. Who is even wearing that monstrous collection?

This is like the episode of 'Hung' where Anne Heche's character asks her husband if they're still rich and her husband replies 'Were still rich just not as rich..."

Wake me when the recession is over. I feel like sending them an eCard that says "SRY U BLEW UR CAMPAIGN BUDGET SUX 2B U"
I want a tshirt with this ...

12-08-2009
-- aGGravaTion de caS --

^^ make one for me!

V.I.P.

Damn , I was so looking forward to Dior! Lady Dior is just . John is a .

12-08-2009

Quote:
Toledano seemed satisfied in May with the brand's move toward using more star power and away from seasonal campaigns that typically feature models: “Now we have to give more meaning. People are looking for iconic products and they want to see a product representing the values of a company.”
That quote concerns me...

12-08-2009
rising star

I'm really disappointed to read this. I was looking forward to seeing the Dior ads but this is very sad

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, campaign, dior, f or w