How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

Whilst I was a fan of this whole Italian theme which has ran through a number of their recent advertising campaigns, it has become tiresome now. Although it must be working for Dolce & Gabbana, hence why they've repeated the theme for multiple seasons. I must admit even Steven Klein's campaigns for Dolce didn't exactly entertain me, either.

The element which has revived this particular campaign is the presence of Andreea Diaconu. She's like a breath of fresh air and emulates the brand's aesthetics to perfection. So, I must applaud a little bit of change.

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post

i really need to cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
save your tears for when they actually produce something new. it's not worth it to even expect anything from them any more; their shows or ad campaigns.

22-06-2013
MON
V.I.P.

I actually like it. There's something new with the old. The exaggerated expressions are really annoying but really nice.

V.I.P.

The women's ad looks like the girl (Bianca) her mother-in-law (Monica) and friends (Andrea & Kate) went on a road trip and ended up at a convent full of young priests. The priest having never seen women before are mesmerized and are all over them. Bianca and co get rather naughty with the priests then they leave.

The kids campaign looks like Bianca is back home with her hubby, kids, brothers and cousins etc. playing the wonderful doting wife and mother. And all of it happened in the vicinity of their beloved Silicy

22-06-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
this is giving me the same dramatic vibes as the S/S 2011 campaign with Maryna, Alessandra, Isabeli, and Izabel except Steven Klein did it better. I will say Andreea looks gorgeous and shines in every shot
That's what I thought! Somehow it reminds me with Ss 11 campaign but the casts back then were sooooo much better.this one is better than the menswear campaign tho

22-06-2013
rising star

this colection definitely deserved a better campaign!!!

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

It's really not even worth commenting. These are just sad. Americas Next Top Model produces better pictures than what we've been getting from these two the last few years. Though, I guess with the legal issues they've had to deal with, who has time for a new campaign.

V.I.P.

^but with all that money they made they could have spent hiring a worthy photographer. You can tell its them being cheap and the results show in this campaign

23-06-2013
V.I.P.

To me, Dolce & Gabbana is dead since the time they kind of like repeated the same concept for their collection and campaign. Unless they will present something REALY NEW for their S/S 2014 collection and for its accompanying campaign.

This is just sad. Too sad.....

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
^but with all that money they made they could have spent hiring a worthy photographer. You can tell its them being cheap and the results show in this campaign
I guess they just don't care to spend any of that money on producing good collections or ad campaigns. They have other things they need to pay for first, lol.

Also, while all this repetitiveness may in fact be profitable for them in the short term (assuming it is), I think it's going to hurt their brand in the long run. I want to believe that all this will eventually lead to them losing all kind of relevance in the fashion world. Fashion brands come and go and even the most storied of them have seen great falls and declines. Dolce & Gabanna still enjoyes a lot of editorial support and celebs seem to like it in droves, but at some point it's going to become passe unless they change it up. Please tell me I'm right. PLEASE!

V.I.P.

the young priests are a little naughty

trendsetter

I feel that the every campaign is the same! It's boring for me !

26-06-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I guess they just don't care to spend any of that money on producing good collections or ad campaigns. They have other things they need to pay for first, lol.

Also, while all this repetitiveness may in fact be profitable for them in the short term (assuming it is), I think it's going to hurt their brand in the long run. I want to believe that all this will eventually lead to them losing all kind of relevance in the fashion world. Fashion brands come and go and even the most storied of them have seen great falls and declines. Dolce & Gabanna still enjoyes a lot of editorial support and celebs seem to like it in droves, but at some point it's going to become passe unless they change it up. Please tell me I'm right. PLEASE!
Ralph Lauren hasn't changed his aesthetic in decades for both his collections and his ad campaigns and he is still very successful.

26-06-2013
fashion insider

The models are not interesting, the light it's not interesting, the clothes is not interesting, the set it's not interesting, nothing it's interesting, it's an Italian cliché.

And please, make the models closes their mouths, looks awfull.

29-07-2013
front row

I like campaigns that are dramatic like this for a change, vs one that has models staring somewhere far blankly. Italian cliche maybe but if this is meant to be speaking to a worldwide audience then perhaps instantly recognizable icons are necessary. Agree the photography feels kinda amateurish but the natural shots (for kids) makes up for it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, andreea, bellucci, bianca, dolce, domenico, f or w, gabbana, kate, monica