How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-08-2009
V.I.P.

Dolce & Gabbana "Rose the One Fragrance" : Scarlett Johansson
Scarlett Johansson is definitely Dolce & Gabbana's muse these days. The famous actress has recently become the face of their cosmetics products, and now she also stars in the campaign presenting D&G's new perfume.

Rose The One is the sister fragrance to The One. After three years on the market, The One has evolved with new hints of red grape, mandarin, lychee, peony and vanilla.

The perfume is to go on sale in September - it promises to be a big seller...

photo and blurb credit : viewonfashion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rose1.jpg (56.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg rose2.jpg (13.4 KB, 19 views)

18-08-2009
V.I.P.

The ad is gorgeous, I love the colors & how she looks

Last edited by Filipe; 18-08-2009 at 07:37 PM.
18-08-2009
old-fashioned

god why is scarlett everywhere? she's gorgeous but she's definitely not a good model. i'm so tired of this same expression.

V.I.P.

she looks really lovely

18-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ana* View Post
god why is scarlett everywhere?
Excuse me, but I don't see her everywhere, she did a while ago the accessories campaign for Dolce & now for the fragrance ... how come she's everywhere?

18-08-2009
old-fashioned

the dolce & gabbana cosmetics campaign + moet and chandon + mango + vogue paris + this fragrance - all in 2009, so it feels like she's everywhere to me. if she was good in this maybe it wouldn't, but since she isn't it seems too much.

V.I.P.

Is that so many ... ? Oh ok, so you think she's not good on this -> so immediately you think she's everywhere ... that doesn't make sense to me, judging by the fact that more than half year has passed already, that amount of campaigns/covers do not sound many at all. If she's everywhere, what about Lara, Natasha, Anna, etc ... ? I for once wished she was doing editorials for VP or US Vogue, than these campaigns.

18-08-2009
old-fashioned

first of all, it's ok for me that you wished she was in Vogue Paris and US Vogue. we don't have to agree. that was just my immediate feeling, i had no idea i'd bother you with my reaction, and i still feel like she's everywhere - it's a feeling, it won't change. and maybe i'm just badly informed, but i can't remember seeing other actress that often in fashion campaigns this year. marion got lady dior, jennifer connely got balenciaga... scarlett got four + VP.
and yes, lara and natasha are everywhere. so is eniko mihalik. and if anna is anna j, she got 12 campaigns recently, and that was also too much imo. but am i supposed to compare them to scarlett? they are models, they're doing their job, and very well. if they had to act they probably wouldn't be as good as scarlett.
i'm not a model-maniac who can't see an actress in a fashion campaign, i just think that four is more than one or two. but still, that doesn't bother me that much, i don't take these things too seriously and if scarlett gets four more campaigns in the future, good for her.

front row

i'm close to gettin sick of "scarlett the model" but this is good. love the colors!

19-08-2009
fashion elite

I only really liked her ad for Calvin Klein Eternity. She's pretty but she should stick to acting, not modeling.

19-08-2009
rising star

I love everything, set, styling, colours (its all very Bourdin) except her face. She looks stoned.

tfs star

she's pretty but please stick to the acting world please... and she looks weird in that shot. need to see more

19-08-2009
V.I.P.

so lovly!

19-08-2009
fashion insider

I am the only one that doesn't like this? does nothing for me and Scalett is bland as usual

19-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ana* View Post
first of all, it's ok for me that you wished she was in Vogue Paris and US Vogue. we don't have to agree. that was just my immediate feeling, i had no idea i'd bother you with my reaction, and i still feel like she's everywhere - it's a feeling, it won't change. and maybe i'm just badly informed, but i can't remember seeing other actress that often in fashion campaigns this year. marion got lady dior, jennifer connely got balenciaga... scarlett got four + VP.
and yes, lara and natasha are everywhere. so is eniko mihalik. and if anna is anna j, she got 12 campaigns recently, and that was also too much imo. but am i supposed to compare them to scarlett? they are models, they're doing their job, and very well. if they had to act they probably wouldn't be as good as scarlett.
i'm not a model-maniac who can't see an actress in a fashion campaign, i just think that four is more than one or two. but still, that doesn't bother me that much, i don't take these things too seriously and if scarlett gets four more campaigns in the future, good for her.
The fact is that you are tired of her and you don't really like her, that's why you feel like she's everywhere, I feel the same sometimes. I think that Scarlett, that's one of the most beautiful women in the world and is a true beauty, should be showing even more of her.

Lara, Natasha, Eniko etc are models, that's for sure, they are doing they job, but shouldn't the things be more balanced, where are the other models in the middle of all this, when there's 5 or 6 models that are getting everything that there's to get? They for sure are everywhere and that's a fact, not a feeling. I usually keep my feelings to myself & comment on facts.

Last edited by Filipe; 19-08-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dolce, fragrance, gabbana, johansson, rose, scarlett