How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-02-2012
V.I.P.

Dominic Jones Jewelry S/S 2012 : Jessica Brown Findlay & Mary Charteris
This was photographed by Alex Sainsbury. I wonder if all the Downton Abbey girls will have advertising campaigns in the future...i like the ads a lot.

___

Downton Abbey fans will know Jessica Brown Findlay as Lady Sybil, a volunteer nurse who tends to sick soldiers during World War I and who devotes her energies to the Suffragette cause. But the 22-year-old actress has landed her most fashionable - and corset-free part to date with a starring role in jeweller Dominic Jones' new campaign.

With her face painted white and smoky eyes, the Berkshire-born star cuts a haunting figure as she models Jones' collection of rings, earrings and necklaces from the autumn/winter 2012 collection.

Having previously cast Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine, punk-rock drummer Alice Dellal and model Lizzie Jagger in his campaigns, Jones was introduced to Brown Findlay after sharing a flat with her ex-boyfriend. The two subsequently became close friends.
"She's a real English Rose" Jones told us. "The collection is quite aristocratic and she was a perfect fit, she has a real natural beauty and is really engaging."
Jones said his new collection was inspired by tokens and trinkets which knights brought back from the crusades for their daughters. "They almost look like museum pieces" Jones explains, "but with a modern aesthetic."
Brown Findlay originally trained as a ballet dancer and was invited to dance with the Kirov Ballet at the age of 15, but her dreams were dashed when an ankle operation left her unable to dance again. She then turned her ambitions to painting, gaining a place at Central Saint Martins to study Fine Art, and enrolled in acting classes. She got down to the last three for the lead in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, and will be gracing our screens again soon in the television adaptation of Kate Mosse's book Labyrinth.
She is joined in the campaign by Mary Charteris, the model niece of heiress and haute couture collector Daphne Guinness. (Telegraph.co.uk)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JESS1.JPG (47.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg JESS2.JPG (69.2 KB, 4 views)

28-02-2012
tfs star

I like it, especially the pairing of Jessica and Mary Charteris, but I don't get why he (Jones) says Jessica is 'a real English rose' then has her wearing make up that makes her look anything but.

fashion icon

This is a really lovely campaign... Jessica looks fantastic. And I'm so excited to see her modeling. I hope the other girls of Downton get ad campaigns at some point because they are all so pretty and wonderful.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, brown, charteris, dominic, findlay, jessica, jewelry, jones, mary, s or s