How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

Donna Karan S/S 2012 : Adriana Lima by Russell James

Quote:
HAITI ON HER MIND: Donna Karan is clearly passionate about Haiti. She’s been spending much time on the island since it was struck by an earthquake in 2010, and has worked with local artisans on new designs. Haiti also informed her spring 2012 collection — particularly its black-and-white graphics inspired by Haitian artist Philippe Dodard — so it made sense for the designer to shoot the ad campaign there. Karan enlisted her photographer friend Russell James of collaborative art project “Nomad Two Worlds” to shoot the visuals, and tapped Brazilian model Adriana Lima, best known as a Victoria’s Secret angel, to appear in it. “I have never used her before, and I am totally in love with her,” Karan told WWD. “She shows the heart and soul of Haiti.”

Shot in the Southern Haiti town of Jacmel, several of the atmospheric images feature Lima in the Hotel Florita or on a “tap tap” taxi typical to Haiti. The campaign will break in fashion and lifestyle books in March, and the company is also producing a 16-page image brochure for consumers with more photos and details about the inspiration for the season and campaign.

wwd.com

Last edited by kimair; 16-12-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: please include the text about the campaign when posting

15-12-2011
fashion elite

i thought christy, kk and liya are supposed to be in this campaign.

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

She looks amazing!

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

she looks really great

15-12-2011
fashion icon

Adriana looks great, love the campaign as well.

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
i thought christy, kk and liya are supposed to be in this campaign.
They were shot for Donna Karan fragrance ad from what I know.

15-12-2011
tfs star

beautiful ad though I don't like her

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

this is beautiful, although I was expecting the supers. Adriana completely blows me away in these shots, Russel did a great job as well.

15-12-2011
tfs star

I find it ironic that they're advertising Hati (one of the worlds poorest countries) alongside clothing that costs hundreds to thousands of dollars.
It seems a little immoral, unless proceeds from sales are being donated which I doubt they are.

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivenchyHomme View Post
I find it ironic that they're advertising Hati (one of the worlds poorest countries) alongside clothing that costs hundreds to thousands of dollars.
It seems a little immoral, unless proceeds from sales are being donated which I doubt they are.
the collection was inspired by Haiti, and although i dont believe this collection has a charity involved, Rusel shot Adriana for a special capsule collection from DK that has money donating to Haiti from the sales. I believe it's Urban Zen, but someone can correct me if I am wrong

15-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
the collection was inspired by Haiti, and although i dont believe this collection has a charity involved, Rusel shot Adriana for a special capsule collection from DK that has money donating to Haiti from the sales. I believe it's Urban Zen, but someone can correct me if I am wrong
Well if that's true then please disregard my post.

15-12-2011
fashion elite

Amazing!
Adriana is so incredibly gorgeous

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

I never thought of her as a Donna girl, but well, it's nice nonetheless

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

This looks great, Adriana is a great choice for this collection. I am also happy for Russell James and hope that this signals a return to him doing more fashion shoots. I know that VS and his other clients keep him busy but I would like to see more fashion stuff from him, I particularly liked his Marie Claire covers - especially the Gisele ones from a few years ago.

Last edited by agee; 15-12-2011 at 05:40 AM.
15-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
HAITI ON HER MIND: Donna Karan is clearly passionate about Haiti. She’s been spending much time on the island since it was struck by an earthquake in 2010, and has worked with local artisans on new designs. Haiti also informed her spring 2012 collection — particularly its black-and-white graphics inspired by Haitian artist Philippe Dodard — so it made sense for the designer to shoot the ad campaign there. Karan enlisted her photographer friend Russell James of collaborative art project “Nomad Two Worlds” to shoot the visuals, and tapped Brazilian model Adriana Lima, best known as a Victoria’s Secret angel, to appear in it. “I have never used her before, and I am totally in love with her,” Karan told WWD. “She shows the heart and soul of Haiti.”

Shot in the Southern Haiti town of Jacmel, several of the atmospheric images feature Lima in the Hotel Florita or on a “tap tap” taxi typical to Haiti. The campaign will break in fashion and lifestyle books in March, and the company is also producing a 16-page image brochure for consumers with more photos and details about the inspiration for the season and campaign.
wwd.com via vivaglam

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, adriana, donna, james, karan, lima, russell, s or s