How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-06-2008
The future is stupid

Source | FWD

Quote:
Estée Lauder's Quadruple Threat

The four ladies of Sensuous to make a Bloomingdale's appearance
Monday, June 30, 2008
(NEW YORK) Estée Lauder's newest fragrance is taking magazines and retailers by storm. Sensuous is making its debut with a bold whiff and powerful media efforts. Estée Lauder spokesmodels, Gwyneth Paltrow, Elizabeth Hurley, Hilary Rhoda and Carolyn Murphy, all appear for the first time together in the warm scent's advertising campaign. And by now we all know that the spectacular foursome appeared in the July issue of Harper's Bazaar, which features Paltrow on the cover and the other three in various interior stories. Though they represent beauty at every age: 20s, 30s and 40s, a concept Bazaar favors, the magazine isn't the only medium where the ladies will unite. Hurley, Paltrow, Rhoda and Murphy will appear at Bloomingdale's 59th Street flagship on July 8. It will be their only joint US appearance as they unveil Sensuous to star struck shoppers, fans and beauty junkies alike.

01-07-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
not "every woman".

every "WHITE" woman.
Seriously, how stupid is this ad?And the fact that they ditched Liya and now have the same looking bland women?What a joke!

01-07-2008
French Chic

^^ I also wish Liya was still working with Estee Lauder and anyone of those girls could be easily removed and replaced with Liya who would make a fine addition. Having said that I like the simplicity here and all 4 ladies look really good.

02-07-2008
lay lady lay

Gwyneth looks bland. Carolyn to me is much, much better. Hilary awkward pose although she is IMO is the most stunning beauty contract girl out there...Liz, I forgot she was still working with Lauder--she is however still bland, boring, and so extremely overrated when it comes to looks.

backstage pass

Hilary still looks beautiful despite being neckless...

V.I.P.

Nice ad.
Hilary & Carolyn look gorgeous.

front row

very simple and very nice

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Seriously, how stupid is this ad?And the fact that they ditched Liya and now have the same looking bland women?What a joke!

THANKYOU!!! And what makes it a hundred times more ridiculous is that they even say they were trying to represent 'every woman'. HAAA! OPEN UR DAMN EYES ESTEE LAUDER PEOPLE!!! Is Liya no longer with them?? Employing her was one of the best things that company did, she always looked soo great. And despite what they say to make the images mean something, Hilary and Carolyn are selling sex, Liz her collagen lips (and that hunch back pose is doing her NO favors as it really dwarfs her), and Gwynie is just happy that she doesnt look like a robot.

Plus Craig Mcdean can be soo yawn-inducing.

These shots are pedestrian pretty at best.

06-07-2008
rising star

Pretty Ugly

Last edited by aaliyah; 06-07-2008 at 11:42 PM. Reason: wrong
07-07-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyposh View Post
very simple and very nice
I agree

The future is stupid

Quote:
For four of the world's most sought-after women — all of who appear in the advertising campaign for Estée Lauder's new Sensuous women's fragrance — sensuality is about more than sex.

Like what? "Nature," said Elizabeth Hurley, who appears in the campaign with Gwyneth Paltrow, Carolyn Murphy and Hilary Rhoda. The women gathered at Bloomingdale's Manhattan flagship Tuesday night to promote the fragrance. Although Lauder didn't reveal numbers, industry sources estimated the evening's take at $30,000. "We're all feeling a real affinity to nature. We're loving being outside, communing with nature — whether it's the countryside or by the sea or the mountains, there's something about that which makes us all really feel relaxed," Hurley said.

Paltrow, Hurley and Murphy are mothers, too. Did their sense of what's sensuous change after their children arrived? "I think the most beautiful I've ever felt was when I was pregnant — large and happy," Murphy said.

"Being in constant contact with a child is a very sensuous thing," Hurley explained. "They're gorgeous and fresh and unspoiled. It's a very relaxing thing to be around a child. Except, obviously, when they're going demented."

"The skin, the little hands, how affectionate they are — my children are both very tactile," Paltrow said. "They like to have their feet rubbed and their hair is so fine and soft — it's like an exercise in sensuality."

As for their other pursuits, Hurley said of her organic farming venture: "We're now selling our pork to a few of the very smartest London restaurants — I took a half pig in my Range Rover to a very smart restaurant I'm sure you've all eaten at," she said, gesturing to Paltrow, Murphy and Rhoda.

Paltrow is readying for a turn as one of King Lear's daughters in a film slated for a 2010 release.
Source | WWD

17-07-2008

HQ of Hilary

Scanned by me from clippings

Sorry, I couldn't peel off the stupid sample sticker

22-07-2008
The future is stupid

US InStyle August 2008

source | scanned by sister-d @ bwgreyscale

22-07-2008
backstage pass

McDean finally did something right

05-08-2008
front row

sooo beautiful

my scna / Dillard's brochure that came in the mail today

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carolyn, craig, estee, fragrance, gwyneth, hilary, lauder, liz, mcdean, sensuous