How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-03-2009
V.I.P.

Well, if its true or not: I'd be defenitely happy with that Benetton cast

21-03-2009
V.I.P.

i hope du juan get some ads

21-03-2009
V.I.P.

^ditto.

I love you too

I have just two wish.

I pray for Eugenia Volodina comeback (sadly, I knew it will not happen) and I wish that any model couldn't get more than 2 campaigns. I'm sick of Toni, Natasha, Isabeli and co (even if I love all those models) on every page in my mags. I want some variety.

And the girls that I want to see on a major ads are Maryna, Ksenia (sadly, it's probably the same case as with my lovely Eugenia), Meghan, Edita, Anne V and Sigrid.

21-03-2009
V.I.P.

already?

21-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
Does lily or Anja opening and closing Versace and Gucci respectively mean anything campaign wise? At least for Anja because she was an exclusive up until the gucci show.

Also I'm guessing Heidi Mount has Chanel again because she closed the show, and Karl always give his "chosen" girl two campaigns in a row.
I don't think it means a lot for Versace, since Versace is known for using Icons. But for Gucci it might mean something since Anja isn't one of their campaign girls.

I agree about Heidi, he has no reason to drop her. Maybe he's going to add Karon Elson to the campaign? But then again I can't think of the last time there was a Chanel multi-girl campaign.

front row

re: Givenchy
I think this whole "she appeared on the runway/open/closed the show" business isn't the most promising in predicting who will be in the campaigns, not just for Givenchy, but for many designers.

I am expecting Lakshmi and Mariacarla again. Tisci loves Mariacarla more than any other model, and Lakshmi probably helps sell his pieces to those Middle Eastern Princesses that have been driving up Givenchy's sales, even during this economy.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by irulan View Post
yes, this is the best thread of the season.

I hope Abbey Lee doesn't lose her Gucci girl status, she is perfect for the brand.
Could there be some Trentini for YSL, considering her big fat exclusive or will they continue the supermodel road?
Well Kate Moss was spotted being photographed by Craig wearing YSL... but I feel like it's such a waste of a Trentini exclusive!

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
Anja seems to be a Gucci favourite. She's had a Gucci campaign before hasnt she? I also think Kasia has a good chance at Gucci.
You know, Anja IS a I&V favorite. I don't think Kasia is going to be used, considering they cut her and Ksenia out of the last one (THEY SHOULD USE KSENIA WTF).

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBGD View Post
I have the same feeling.

And with the crisis going on, I'm afraid we'll see even more campaigns going to celebs and supers.
(just look at the recent mag covers)
Not necessarily true--firms might want to save money and use models. As a whole, fashion is a pretty expendable thing when it comes to saving in this economy so it might not be worth using supers. I know a lot of supers were used in SS09...but I guess FW09 will really answer this debate.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
So excited this thread is already up! I'm hoping Sigrid nabs Chloe (hopefully solo) after opening and closing.
Karlie Kloss did that last year and it didn't work out.

front row

Sorry for all this reply! I was away for a while and was just going through all the chat to put in my own two cents.

Anyway what I'd like to see:
1. Lily for Versace (I think she fits this brand WAY better than Gucci), also Du Juan for Versace
2. Sessilee added to Givenchy
3. Steven Klein continuing to shoot Dolce (WAY more provocative than Miesel, I'm sorry).
4. Meghan Collison for Prada (who ever said she was perfect for this collection was so right)

V.I.P.

Maryna for Dior would be a dream come true
But I really don't care about the campaign. The collection disappointed me.

Bring on Gucci!

V.I.P.

^ You liked Gucci collection?

I don't care about Dior either, since their campaigns kinda suck for the last two seasons.

I say bring on Cavalli, I'm curious about that campaign, since the collection was completely different than usual Cavalli.

21-03-2009
V.I.P.

I wanna see Hilary Rhoda doing
a big campaign but I guess
she's busy with Estee Lauder

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, 0910, ad, campaigns, f or w, post, posting, read