How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANCY ITALY View Post
also i'd like a change for Blumarine. Natasha really doens't suit the brand. also suvi koponen was a wrong choice. i dont know who decide for their campaign but they do big mistakes every single year lately.
What did you think of Alice B for the Cruise line? I liked it...

23-03-2009
front row

Whoever said it doesn't matter to use big name models for campaigns this season...you're right! I'm betting that fashion is expendable during this economy.

Re: Toni Garrn. She has been a bit boring since Calvin Klein SS08 for me (Well I actually like the Jill Stuart Ads). She's too you know, peaceful looking for what I think should be more exciting campaigns. She should be in more beauty campaigns; for example, the Versace Fragrance ad looks amazing!

backstage pass

my fall 09 campaign wishlist:

givenchy: ujjwala and lakshmi
jil sander: katrin thormann
versace: christy turlington, cindy crawford and stephanie seymour
balmain: kate moss and liberty ross
balenciaga: katrin thormann
lanvin: Edita

24-03-2009
V.I.P.

Vlada for Jil Sander!!!

24-03-2009
V.I.P.

I'd like to see Kasia & Karlie for Jil sander

User Friendly

from the imagist

Quote:
Is it me or did the average age of the current crop of Newcomers drop precipitously this season. Have I not been paying attention or did we just weather a sudden deluge of 15-and-unders flooding the catwalks of New York (IMG's Jac), Milan (Women's Auguste) and Paris ( Rose and Addison at Supreme/Women Paris). As such, those break out girls found their Paris bookings severely curtailed by the rule-set that meant Under-16's could not work the Sunday shows (thus the evaporation of Rose's Givenchy exclusive) nor fit past 8.00pm on weekdays. There were plenty of girls swilling around to fill in those vacancies, from Tao to Alina to Anna de Rejik, Bara Holtova and Luisa Kamshilina. These were all girls that appeared very high on the MDC watch list this season with 3 of those picking up some serious FW 09 campaign options (which means expanding that Top Newcomers list by 2 or 3 more faces) .

Imagine then a season where easily 20 breaking girls have come off all shimmery from the right FW 09 runway exposure. But who will survive? How will their managers convert all those exclusives and openings and closings into editorial (and more importantly) advertorial mileage. As such many of the SS 09 break out girls are already starting to register as dull in the restless eyes of those directional editors and photographers. It is one thing to walk the blank walk down the blank catwalk but it is entirely another to A. Engage the camera in photo-shoots for the mag pages and the ads while..B. Moving some product. Statistically of the flood of 20 each season , only 3 or 4 of those girls ever find any kind of career consistency and stories of ill advised arrogance on the part of some girls demanding opening slots before heading to a fitting just makes one shake their head ....As in..(sigh) ...here comes the back-lash.

But then there are girls who are moved across the chessboard in the right way. Take the beautiful case of Eniko, Marilyn's ace face currently shuttling, it seems, between the sets of Mario Sorrenti and Inez and Vinoodh in heavy heavy rotation. Though not catwalk perfect, it is a girl like this who now sits in prime positioning for the FW 09 campaign season, precisely because she's proven to have a life in front of the cameras. Eniko is a lot of things that is not ultra-fashionable these days. She's womanly and her portfolio of "sexy" shots is beginning to rival Lara Stone's. Eniko is not generic but there's the triumph. She's unique...distinct...emphatic. There is much about her that is too..too. But you remember her precisely because of that "too-ness". I wish I could be more articulate in mapping that "je ne sais quois" that will make it easy to calibrate the girls who will last and those who were just designed to walk a lot of directional catwalks but make no impact beyond those fleeting exits.

It is too early to say and too tenuous to reveal who's holding/confirming what these days but rest assured it is the striking and the extreme that seem to be filtering into the next phase. Among the buzz I picked up by some art directors is a disenchantment with the "multiples" ideal, that concept of an army of models rocking as many of the looks from the show as possible while waving as many possible it-bags as can be crammed into a double page. Two VERY big brands have already gone "Only Girl" which might mean even less work for those indistinct new faces who fail to distinguish themselves but more work for the models who matter. And that is precisely the way it should be, no?

24-03-2009
little soul

I'm betting that last part is about Prada

Looking Up

^And Balenciaga.

24-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post
from the imagist

Quote:
Two VERY big brands have already gone "Only Girl" which might mean even less work for those indistinct new faces who fail to distinguish themselves but more work for the models who matter. And that is precisely the way it should be, no?
Amen to this!

24-03-2009
fashion insider

Givenchy: Brandi Quinones, Lara Stone, Catherine McNeil

24-03-2009
French Chic

^^That would be rockin'

French Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
^ Oh I love Maryna too!! I wanna see her do D&G or something, or even Michael Kors in another one of his rich bitch campaigns.
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaApell View Post
What did you think of Alice B for the Cruise line? I liked it...
i was talking about the main line.. the cruise line i think i saw it only once on magazines. really nothing important. plus they were not showing the face of the nice lady.
for the main line they always chose a model that doesn't represent what the brand means in my country. here when you say blumarine you say: sweetness, softness, sensuality.. i really don't know why the focus on poly whose face seems to be arrived right from he evil and i can't mention the point on the rest.. suvi wasn't a right choice too, but she looked closer to be nice than poly in blumarine.

24-03-2009
V.I.P.

I think that Alexandre Imbert deserves to get a Jil Sander campaign. He's always like the 'second' guy from Matvey. Also, he's been doing Jil Sander shows for a while now...and I can't think of any other guy who fits the brand perfectly as he does.

24-03-2009
V.I.P.

^Clement Chabernaud

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, 0910, ad, campaigns, f or w, post, posting, read