How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-04-2011
V.I.P.

so far im happy with all this choices

09-04-2011
V.I.P.

i only like so far Isabeli for DK, the others are boring or totally random.

09-04-2011
Rhoda Addict

Liu for Dolce and Gabbana??????????

09-04-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
i only like so far Isabeli for DK, the others are boring or totally random.
dont u think having more asian in campaigns, especially blue chip ones make things less boring than previous seasons? or being random in selecting models make the fashion industry less predictable and more interesting?

or having freja with one same pose and hair style in every chanel campaign, and maria carla in every single givenchy campaign are what this industry needs?

09-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
dont u think having more asian in campaigns, especially blue chip ones make things less boring than previous seasons? or being random in selecting models make the fashion industry less predictable and more interesting?

or having freja with one same pose and hair style in every chanel campaign, and maria carla in every single givenchy campaign are what this industry needs?
I do think that Freja for Chanel again is boring and defo not interesting at all (i also said only Isabeli excites me and not the rest). But I don't really care for the other choices either. At least I hope there will be some MG in it, but haven't D&G and Dolce that always? It's nothing about raice (it has nothing to do that they are asain, I feel amost bad now for saying it, cause I do think they are great models but just not the ones I can imagine to see and fit in D&G or Dolce) or that it has to be one of my favourites and ofcourse I would like to see Lara scores again bigtime, but I'm just not excited, only about Isabeli SO FAR!

Last edited by Forrest; 09-04-2011 at 03:50 PM.

09-04-2011
fashion insider

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-04-2011
fashion icon

I wonder if Lara is doing Calvin Klein collection for a third season?

09-04-2011
windowshopping

^lara and eliza cummings

09-04-2011
V.I.P.

Liu Wen for Dolce&Gabbana is the most random choise ever, I don't think that news is true, or at least I hope that, but Fei Fei for Louis Vuitton is great, that campaign will be on fire!

09-04-2011
tfs star

Eliza Cummings? Booking a major print job not Meisel related?
I'm happy that Liu and Sun Feifei booked good campaigns as I like them both. This is coming from someone who is usually not into Asians.

09-04-2011
fashion icon

I'm sure Sun Feifei won't be only girl, but I'm really happy for her. This is HUGE for her. I'm also sure Liu won't be only girl for Dolce and Gabbana, but that's well deserved as well.

09-04-2011
trendsetter

that is awesome for Liu and Fei Fei! And awesome news for diversity in these major campaigns.

Last edited by Chanelcouture09; 10-04-2011 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Response to a deleted post

09-04-2011
front row

Quote:
With rock royalty lineage, Alexandra and Theodora Richards and Sean Lennon will be fronting Paris-based brand Eleven Paris’ fall campaign to be shot by Danish photographer Sune Czajkowski.
wwd via me

09-04-2011
fashion icon

Well, all the rumors about Chinese models getting blue chip campaigns excite me!

Sui He getting Ralph Lauren is reasonable since she opened the show and this season the show had lots of Chinese motifs. But I'm sure Valentina will be there as always.

Sun Fei Fei for Louis Vuitton sounds kinda random but also understandable. Only if Steven Meisel continues shooting the campaign this season I think Fei Fei has a big chance to get the campaign. Meisel has shot her for ck one fragrance and Vogue Italia already and we all know Meisel loves to repeat his girls in campaigns and eds. But I also think Vuitton will be multi-girl this season.

Liu Wen for Dolce & Gabbana excites me the most. But I can't think of any Asian models doing the Dolce campain before? Is there anyone who can verify this? I highly doubt this rumor while I really hope it is true. Maybe it is Liu Wen for D&G campaign but not the mainline. I remember Hye Park has done F/W 05 campaign for D&G line.

Anyway, this season seems to be full of surprises! Can't wait to hear more news about Asian models getting campaigns!

09-04-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Fei Fei is the face of the Spring-Summer 2011 CK One campaign - shot by Steven Meisel - and Dsquared2's, in addition to being one of the protagonists of the fashion shows in 2011 and chosen for the fall/winter collection by Louis Vuitton.
Hmm reading this, I dont think V.I said that Fei Fei will be in the campaign, just one of the asian girls from the last fall 2011 LV show. Hmm.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, ad, campaigns, f or w, post, posting, read