How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-04-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
So dark hair girl also for LV? I get from Vitamin W post that Versace girl was NOT in LV but with last girl was ment Daphne Groeneveld. Where did it came from that dark hair girl also is in LV?
^No sweat Forrest and yes, Correct.
People scan these posts instead of actually reading them. I never said the Versace girl was also and LV option. And regarding Versace, Donatella's team has been stearing the line into a powerful confident independant young woman direction, all part of a masterplan to harvest the real money in mainly Russia and Asia. The sexbomb torch has since surpassed to Pucci et al. M&M's casting decision reflects that.

As for LV, Groeneveld and 1 Danish girl pretty much confirmed. Total group actually a nice reflection of whats going on in Modelland these days. Could be hit or miss. I for one am excited about the possibilities.

12-04-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeisa_ View Post
Now that I think we figured out which Danish model is part of Louis Vuitton, I wonder if there is also a New Zealand-born model in the cast?
Emily Baker? Is that a hint or a wish?

12-04-2011
rising star

hmm..

So Daphne & Caroline?

+ Fei Fei & Trump Girl...

the other 2 could possibly be Zuzanna, Anais, Tati, Ruby A? hmm

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

I wonder if Nyasha Matonhodze could be a part of the cast. Marc seems to love her.

BTW, Claire Campbell got Issey Miyake - saw it in her thread.

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamine W View Post
^No sweat Forrest and yes, Correct.
People scan these posts instead of actually reading them. I never said the Versace girl was also and LV option.
This is what was posted:
Quote:
OK guys the lowdown on Versace. M&M shot 6 girls only to reject 5 of them and shoot the whole shabang again on 1 girl the last day. Versacionista's wont be happy with their selection; short dark hair, cover star. Different feminine power than what we're used to in Versace context. Big names were sent packing, Swanepoel, Groeneveld etc...Last girl however, is def. in LV
I interpreted that to mean that the girl who was shot on the last day for Versace (or the last girl left after the others were dismissed) was also in the LV campaign, that seems like a reasonable interpretation, there may be other interpretations as well, but this one seemed reasonable as well. Nevertheless I was not completely sure and therefore tagged, "right?" at the end of my statement. So it was not a case of scanning vs. reading, rather a different yet reasonable interpretation of a comment.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
I wonder if Nyasha Matonhodze could be a part of the cast. Marc seems to love her.
I am rooting for Nyasha.

Last edited by agee; 12-04-2011 at 02:43 PM.

12-04-2011
███████████████

I see the cast of Versace and i think o GOOD M&M converded Versace in Dsquared this girl no are Versace girls bad choise

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Donatella's team has been stearing the line into a powerful confident independant young woman direction, all part of a masterplan to harvest the real money in mainly Russia and Asia.
it totally make sence!

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamine W View Post

As for LV, Groeneveld and 1 Danish girl pretty much confirmed.
So for danish girls, Caroline, Josephine and Freja are an option,right?

12-04-2011
French Chic

Whomever Versace decide to use in the end, what they really need to ensure is right is the actual images themselves. If Donatella is steering the brand in a new direction (albeit a one I don't like), then really go for it and sharpen up the advertising.
The accessories line was a major push forward this season, but then the mainline ads were horribly disappointing.
So they got M&M, I would like a brand new girl, a complete about face from the photography team, so as not to be compared to Gucci etc, and a totally different vision........ and thankyou.:p

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeisa_ View Post
Now that I think we figured out which Danish model is part of Louis Vuitton, I wonder if there is also a New Zealand-born model in the cast?
Emily B wasn't at LV, so I will be very surpised (but very happy) if she's part of the campaign

12-04-2011
trendsetter

I'm so excited about LV and Versace. Daphne being part of LV campaign is great! I want Aymeline and Tati as well!
Now, I can't wait for Prada news!
Posted via Mobile Device

12-04-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
I think that you can still report it, it would be listed like this:

Louis Vuitton - M: Daphne Groeneveld;; Ph: Steven Meisel, Info: LiveFashion Week, industry source [VogueElle Addict, Vitamine W]
or more like this:

Louis Vuitton - M: Daphne Groeneveld; Ph: Steven Meisel, Style: Karl Templer; Info: Karen Kooper / LiveFashionWeek (Twitter) , industry source [VogueElle Addict, Vitamine W][/QUOTE]

the initial tweet from LiveFashionWeek:"NYC, be on the lookout today for 6 jewel handcuffed models. Louis Vuitton Fall '11 ad is being shot by Steven Meisel, styled by Karl Templer"

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

A short dark haired girl and cover star sounds like Saskia de Brauw to me.

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

Since LV's budget is low for campaigns, Meisel is the photographer, en plus, this cast, i'm really afraid of the results.
The new Versace direction is something what Givenchy does. It could be only great if the photographer was Vanderperre.

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

so far i'm only looking forward to LV, Ralph Lauren & Dolce & Gabbana. still waiting on mcb, joan smalls, jourdan, karlie and fingers crossed that ajak, melodie, anais mali and lais ribiero will bag a campaign each this season

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, ad, campaigns, f or w, post, posting, read