How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyLee
Kate was severely Elongated for Gloria Venderbilt Jeans, Don't you think?
That's what I was thinking. But did they really do that? She looks the same height as Gisele and Daria, but then again I guess you could say they are slightly 'folded' since they're sticking their one hip out, so maybe that's why they appear shorter?

19-08-2005
Amour Comme Hiver

The girl in Donna Karan is Bianca Balti, no?

Kate does look elongated. But the most elongated ad ever has to go to MaxMara fragrence- that's just unrealistically long, especially for Louise...

From Images de Parfum

19-08-2005
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by PussyLee
love:

Donna Karan - who is she? Her face is creepily beautiful!
donna karan is bianca balti...

V.I.P.

I love everything kate's featured in, hehe... and this season's Alberta Ferretti and also armani, but more because of erin.
I don't like YSL, though they have Daria in it...

front row

The ads for this season are not very inspiring...lots of horrible models, and horrible poses/photography...Eugenia Volodina and Nataliya seemed to have botched their ads...as well as Melissa Haro for Guess...another disaster. I also do not like Daria's ads...and even the venerable Fernanda Tavares looks bad in her ads as well...

That said, here are my faves:
!. Bianca Balti for Donna Karan Collection: here she looks positively ethereal. It's def the best of the bunch...including her other ads...The Missoni one specially makes her look to alien like and doesnt accentuate her more sensual features...Her gaze is mesmerizing in the DK ad.....the missoni is too colorful, takes away form her face...the Dk's ad muted colors really bring out her dark features and the shades accentuating her facial structure.

2. Erin Wasson in Giorgio Armani and Michael Kors. Can the girl take a bad picture? (well, the maybelline ads do look awful, but then again they did airbrush the hell out of her face). Erin's definitely up there with Bianca in the pouty, sexy, dangerously fierce face category. Definitely a winner. (Jessica Vandersteen is also looking stunning, in the same leage as erin and bianca, and i'd like to see her doing more work...her editorial in Marie Claire with John Stamos was spectacular.)

3. Mystery blonde in Ports 1961. I cannot fot he life of me figure out who this girl is. In profile she looks incredibly fragile and ethereal. When i saw he rface in the ads running on US Vogue I almost fell off my chair ...Her beauty is that stunning. I am convinced she is the same mystery blonde in the much fabled "Neo-Mod" editorial in Elle. I am also convinced she is an already known mod with bleached blonde hair.

4. Anja Rubik in Emanuel Ungaro and Neiman Marcus. Blonde locks definitely have turnd this average waifish mod into a knockout...her facial features are definetely well served by the lighter hair. This mod actually looks good without the quirky features or horrible posing commonplace in other better known models., Is finally getting all the work she deserves after languishing for years with Next models...

5. Finally...Kate Moss in everything!!! Kate has finally matured into a gorgeous, stunning specimen...she definitely has outgrown her late 90's waifish look, and her face has aged beautifully. Her facial features are not so well served in her Rimmel work, although I think she very much deserves her beauty contract. Her lingerie work in the Joop! spots has her looking better than a lot other mods in lingerie ads. One only needs to look at her Burberry spot, walking down the street in a slim, well fitting trench, to understand why she is an icon. As for the "new Kates"...Mona Johannesson and Rosie Huntington may be hailed as such, and Kate definitely wishes she looked as good as they do now when she was a teen, but they definitely lack the one of a kind allure that made the whole fashion world drop their amazonian beauties like tatiana patitz, et. al, and embrace a whole new fashion ideal.

In an honorable mention, ha ha, I am liking Iselin Steiro in her Just Cavalli ads...at first I hated her, but I am commong around to recognizing her allure. She, more than Rosie and Mona, def has "Next Kate" appeal. Ditto for Maria Dvirnik, another unusual beauty.

And to close, Id like to mention the worst ad campaign of the season: Eugenia Volodina for Eres. She is definiely not a "body" model. Whoever thought she's look good in lingerie must have had a gun pointed at him. Although Eres has featured quirky mods in the past, it has never, to may knowledge, feature a model so out of shape as Eugenia looks in their ads...I remember going to their little shop in soho next to the chanel boutique and seeing a huge blow up picture of Hannelore in their lingerie...I am loathe to think such an over size image of Eugenia will be grazing their store walls...lets hope they do some airbrushing first...

21-08-2005
memoirs of a...

Favorites:

1. Tod's w/ Polina
2. Strenesse w/ Diana Dondoe by Mario Sorrentti
3. Alberta Ferretti w/ Shannon Click by Steven Klein
4. Chanel w/ Daria Werbowy by Karl Lagerfeld
5. Jil Sander w/ Freja
6. Lanvin w/ Lily Donaldson by Steven Meisel
7. Miu Miu w/ Evan Rachel Wood by Inez & Vindoo
8. Hermes w/ Raquel Zimmermann by Solve Sundsbo

The Worst:
Donna Karan, BCBG, Carolina Herrera, Chloe, MaxMara, Missoni, Valentino

Last edited by LibertyRose; 21-08-2005 at 04:53 PM.
21-08-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalSin
ck with natalia v...i think these may be my favorite ck ads with her yet
chanel...tho i'm not daria's biggest fan i think these ads are lovely
roberto cavalli...i cant put my finger on why but i really love these ads
maxmara with hana soukupova

dont like: ysl w/daria...just too bright and distracting for me to even enjoy the clothes
i also like the tod's ads with polina

MONAJ.NET IS BACK: updated May 19
twitter.com/beyondrecovery
23-08-2005
V.I.P.

My Favourites

In no particular order.

* Alberta Ferretti

* Miu Miu

* Stella Mccartney

* Givenchy

* Lanvin

* Donna Karan

* J Mendel

* Chanel

* Missoni

27-08-2005
backstage pass

Dior
Miu Miu
PRADA

29-08-2005
tfs star

i
lanvin
stella mccartney
gloria vanderbilt
h stern

29-08-2005
Ale
rising star

my favs are:

Dolce & Gabbana with Snejana, Doutzen, and Inguna :love the 6o's abstract feel also the girls remind me of Marisa Berenson and Jean Shrimpton Ph Steven Meisel
Miu Miu with Evan Rachel Woold, Selma Blair, and Lou Dillon: adore Selma a true hollywood fashionista (fav Looks from Chanel Haute Couture, Vogue Italia cover of 03, and the isaac mizrahi dress) great styling ph Steven Meisel
Balenciaga with Freja Beha and Raquell Zimmerman: love the minimalist look freja reminds of a lankier mod model, peggy moffit. PH ?
Lanvin with Lily Donaldson : love the concept, with other clothes it would not work PH ?
Chanel with Daria Werbowy: woww so much is said in those pics, the quasi rock chic of today ph by karl Lagerfeld
Prada with Sasha P. and Snejana: cinematic prada love it,ph Steven meisel

did not like
Fendi: should of been Sesilee or Yasmeen W.
Versace: should of been Doutzen
Louis Vuitton: should of been Vlada, Caroline T, and Gemma

30-08-2005
V.I.P.

I love:
Tod's with Polina - she's just stunning in them
Hugo with Marina Perez
Fendi with Carolyn Murphy
Valentino
Louis Vuitton - but just because of the pics, I don't like Uma

I don't like:
YSL - I love Daria, but I hate the pictures

trendsetter

Miu Miu

Burberry Prorsum

Prada

Balenciaga

31-08-2005
backstage pass

Miu Miu
Kate Moss and Gemma Ward for Buberry
Prada
Balenciaga
Daria Werbowy for Chanel
Lily Donaldson for Lavin

31-08-2005
army of lovers

Miu Miu
YSL
Moschino
Prada
Kate Spade(preppy murder theme?)

Hate: Fendi, Calvin Klein Collection(same thing season after season), Versace

Last edited by Jacque Marcel; 31-08-2005 at 05:20 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, campaigns, f or w, favorite