How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-06-2012
backstage pass

Don't like it... Too unnatural

29-06-2012
V.I.P.

yeah as everyone has said, it looks awkward. but i'm hoping for the other shots to be a lot better. the bag looks good though and happy for joan.

V.I.P.

here is a behind the scenes pic which seems to look better!

wwd

V.I.P.

I usually never get the hype around Joan and I haven't been majorly impressed with any of her work yet. Not saying that this blows me away either but I do find this shot really nice. I agree that the pose isn't the best and it certainly doesn't favor the outfit (her arms should be lowered with the top having puffy shoulders like that) but the scenery is just amazing and Joan's skin tone looks stunning against those dull earthy colors. The bag is ugly as hell but it complements the picture really well. I can't wait to see more from this campaign, it looks really gorgeous so far.

29-06-2012
fashion elite

I agree that the pose is awkward but I don't care because I'm so happy for Joan. When is the last time that a black girl scored an OG blue-chip campaign?? Werk!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabilan6 View Post
Bad pose? I dont think so, if it was Im sure the photo will not made it to the campaign! Surely she was asked to pose in that way. Many people hating just because is Joan and is not Natasha or Anja like helmut.newton wrote. Her face looks stunning and she's selling the bag. Im sure that the next pictures will be even better! Im sooooooo happy for my girl to be in two big campaigns this season, she deserves this and a lot more!!
Yeah bad pose, she doesn't look good.
Disagree what you are saying, that is one comment from a member. Just read the comments about Natasha Vogue Japan cover for example or Anja's new cover for Vogue Japan.

Congrats to Joan, her first OG campaign!!

@LabelWhore4: no clue, but I guess it was either Naomi of Liya!

Last edited by Forrest; 29-06-2012 at 04:48 AM.
29-06-2012
V.I.P.

I quite like it. Yay for Joan.

V.I.P.

The image definitely works as a campaign image with the emphasis on the bag and the setting, I agree that Joan looks stiff (and mean) but it does not bring the image down in anyway, I think that the overall composition works.

Last edited by agee; 29-06-2012 at 06:19 AM.
29-06-2012
V.I.P.

Reminiscent of S/S 2010 with Anja in some kind of Tuscan gardens? I do like this, Joan looks commanding and I'm sure that the other shots with the more colourful pieces will be even better.

29-06-2012
fashion icon

I can't!!!! I can't right now!!!!!!!!

29-06-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelWhore4 View Post
I agree that the pose is awkward but I don't care because I'm so happy for Joan. When is the last time that a black girl scored an OG blue-chip campaign?? Werk!
OG blue chip? Honestly, the last two I can think of are Naomi's YSL campaign in 2007, & Liya's YSL campaign in the early 2000s. This is such a major moment!! Joan is the first ethnic face of Fendi!!

29-06-2012
MON
V.I.P.

The setting reminds of Anja`s previous campaign but that was very chic and very fairytale like. This, this is just beyond bad. Great model, beautiful model but the pose is really awkward. It looks like she`s hiding based from the position of her arms.

Great styling and makeup though. Joan`s stare and presence wins me over. But damn, Karl seriously need to step up on his photography.

Although, this is far more better than Chanel`s campaign.

backstage pass

I don't find the image to be as horrible as everyone is making it out to be. Joan has presence and is commanding in the pic. She's serving up some serious face. I don't find the pose to be super awkward either, it's different from the typical poses but definitely not bad. This image sells!... Also, this should shut some people up about Karl only working with Joan because of Carine. Super excited for my girl and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Joan the first girl to do both Chanel and Fendi??

29-06-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfinkova View Post
I agree with everyone else. Awkward shot and seems like an amateur reinterpretation of the S/S 2010 campaign with Anja, although miles ahead of the horrid ads last season.

With Joan involved and the gorgeous backdrop, I'm awaiting better shots from this campaign.
I agree. I love Joan, and I have not been impressed with her recent works this included. I need to see more.

29-06-2012
fashion elite

I cant even look at this. Its ugly and awkward. Joan looks good but what bothers me is the photography, theres no sence of space. Its just plain and the styling is not helping...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, f or w, fendi, joan, karl, lagerfeld, smalls