Fendi S/S 2018 : Vittoria Ceretti by Karl Lagerfeld - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot
 
How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
3 Weeks Ago
  16
fashion insider
 
guimon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Brazil
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,246
So does Kendall, so what's your point?

Fendi campaigns are boring. It is what it is.
I'm not happy w/ Vitto being part of this again, and adding Kendall wouldn't help either. But I wouldn't be mad if it's true. She's a boring model, so she fits boring campaigns.
Plus, we've only seen one shot so far. I think it's too soon to judge.

Btw, I wouldn't mind Karl being a little too obsessed w/ Luna and/or Grace and using one of them for this campaign as well. They would have elevated this, just like they did with Chanel.


Last edited by guimon; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:22 PM.
  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  17
windowshopping
 
McKinney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Texas
Gender: femme
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by guimon View Post
So does Kendall, so what's your point?
Vittoria's beauty at least evokes elegance; Kendall is pretty but her look doesn't take me anywhere
So yes, Kendall might actually be a better fit for Fendi

  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  18
fashion icon
 
GivenchyHomme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zposen View Post
Kendall's Fendi campaigns are 100X better than what Vittoria is serving in that pic... but I am pretty sure she is not part of this year Fendi campaign.
That is absolutely incorrect. Kendall is extremely lackluster in front of the camera. She can't pose and she sure as hell can't show emotion. She looks the same in every single picture. The only time she show's any form of emotion is when she put's on that fake smile for Vogue and Love. Vittoria draws you in with her eyes. She has so much power in front of the camera. Kendall could learn a thing or two from her. I would rather see Binx or Kaia. At least they can do something besides mimicking a mannequin.

__________________
Lineisy Montero / Rianne Von Rompaey / Mica Arganaraz / Vittoria Ceretti
  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  19
V.I.P.
 
Zposen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: A la playa
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by GivenchyHomme View Post
That is absolutely incorrect. Kendall is extremely lackluster in front of the camera. She can't pose and she sure as hell can't show emotion. She looks the same in every single picture. The only time she show's any form of emotion is when she put's on that fake smile for Vogue and Love. Vittoria draws you in with her eyes. She has so much power in front of the camera. Kendall could learn a thing or two from her. I would rather see Binx or Kaia. At least they can do something besides mimicking a mannequin.
I absolutely disagree with everything you wrote. IMO there is not much difference between Vittoria and Kendall and maybe 90% of models today in print. I do think Vittoria work with Meisel is the only exception between the two but people will always judge Kendall harshly because of her last name. "Vittoria draws you in with her eyes. She has so much power in front of the camera." ... but modeling is subjective. She does not do the same for me but she has a very pretty face and when done right she can take pretty pictures, just like Kendall and most models today.

For me Vittoria just does not pull off Fendi at all. The clothes look awkward on her and just like the spring 2017 she's just standing there like one of the props (maybe there will be improvement). I think Kendall and Gigi did well last season and Kendall Fall 2016 Fendi campaign was pretty good. Not that Kendall is an exceptional model by any means but she pulls of the Fendi vibe/aesthetic quite well and that translate in the campaign. Also, the makeup and styling were better last season. Of course, this is based on one pic... I may change my mind once the complete campaign has been release.

I am pretty sure Kendall did not shoot Fendi this spring. I hope its an only girl campaign for Vitto.

__________________


This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  20
trendsetter
 
simon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,484
Fendi campaigns just simply suck lately. That's pretty much it.

  Reply With Quote
 
3 Weeks Ago
  21
fashion icon
 
GivenchyHomme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zposen View Post
I absolutely disagree with everything you wrote. IMO there is not much difference between Vittoria and Kendall and maybe 90% of models today in print. I do think Vittoria work with Meisel is the only exception between the two but people will always judge Kendall harshly because of her last name. "Vittoria draws you in with her eyes. She has so much power in front of the camera." ... but modeling is subjective. She does not do the same for me but she has a very pretty face and when done right she can take pretty pictures, just like Kendall and most models today.

For me Vittoria just does not pull off Fendi at all. The clothes look awkward on her and just like the spring 2017 she's just standing there like one of the props (maybe there will be improvement). I think Kendall and Gigi did well last season and Kendall Fall 2016 Fendi campaign was pretty good. Not that Kendall is an exceptional model by any means but she pulls of the Fendi vibe/aesthetic quite well and that translate in the campaign. Also, the makeup and styling were better last season. Of course, this is based on one pic... I may change my mind once the complete campaign has been release.

I am pretty sure Kendall did not shoot Fendi this spring. I hope its an only girl campaign for Vitto.
I'm not judging Kendall because of her name. She is simply not a high fashion model. I've mentioned this plenty of times before but Kendall is not a person, she's a marketing object. It's almost guaranteed that she will get your brand out there. She has so much power in the industry, it's almost criminal. If she was a good model I would understand the hype, unfortunately she's not. I would put her more in the celebrity category, except she's not booking those jobs. She's taking jobs suited to actual working models. Everyone is riding the Kendall bandwagon, because it works. Yes she's mediocre, but who cares as long as she sells right? That's what I have a problem with. It's promoting mediocrity for the sake of sales and pushing a girl into a category she has no business being a part of. Vittoria may not be your cup of tea, but her talent is undeniable. She's a fantastic model.

__________________
Lineisy Montero / Rianne Von Rompaey / Mica Arganaraz / Vittoria Ceretti
  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  22
V.I.P.
 
Zposen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: A la playa
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by GivenchyHomme View Post
I'm not judging Kendall because of her name. She is simply not a high fashion model. I've mentioned this plenty of times before but Kendall is not a person, she's a marketing object. It's almost guaranteed that she will get your brand out there. She has so much power in the industry, it's almost criminal. If she was a good model I would understand the hype, unfortunately she's not. I would put her more in the celebrity category, except she's not booking those jobs. She's taking jobs suited to actual working models. Everyone is riding the Kendall bandwagon, because it works. Yes she's mediocre, but who cares as long as she sells right? That's what I have a problem with. It's promoting mediocrity for the sake of sales and pushing a girl into a category she has no business being a part of. Vittoria may not be your cup of tea, but her talent is undeniable. She's a fantastic model.
Yeah Ok. Again modeling is subjective. I don't agree with anything you said.... I think Kendall fits right in with the vast majority of models today... and in fact does a better job than some models who got more covers than her this year

__________________


This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  23
fashion icon
 
GivenchyHomme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Gender: homme
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zposen View Post
Yeah Ok. Again modeling is subjective. I don't agree with anything you said.... I think Kendall fits right in with the vast majority of models today... and in fact does a better job than some models who got more covers than her this year


Okay, whatever you say. Have a good night.

__________________
Lineisy Montero / Rianne Von Rompaey / Mica Arganaraz / Vittoria Ceretti
  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  24
windowshopping
 
McKinney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Texas
Gender: femme
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zposen View Post
Yeah Ok. Again modeling is subjective. I don't agree with anything you said.... I think Kendall fits right in with the vast majority of models today... and in fact does a better job than some models who got more covers than her this year
whatever you say

  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  25
fashion insider
 
GERGIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zposen View Post
Yeah Ok. Again modeling is subjective. I don't agree with anything you said.... I think Kendall fits right in with the vast majority of models today... and in fact does a better job than some models who got more covers than her this year
Whatever you say, lol!

__________________
[You Can't Fake It]
  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  26
fashion insider
 
Vitamine W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zposen View Post
I think Kendall fits right in with the vast majority of models today... and in fact does a better job than some models who got more covers than her this year

LOL, cheers to you!

__________________
if you can't join them, beat them
  Reply With Quote
3 Weeks Ago
  27
front row
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zposen View Post
Yeah Ok. Again modeling is subjective. I don't agree with anything you said.... I think Kendall fits right in with the vast majority of models today... and in fact does a better job than some models who got more covers than her this year
Agreed, she fits right in with the vast majority of models today... in LA and Miami.

  Reply With Quote
2 Weeks Ago
  28
front row
 
pollyanna90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: US
Gender: femme
Posts: 394
I also dislike Kendall because she doesn't look a like a model, not because she's a reality star. You simply cannot compare Kendall to the likes of Raquel Zimmermann, Mariacarla, Guinevere, Amber, Liu Wen, Vittoria, Joan, Liya, Freja, etc. She's not even in the same category in reality. Everyone knows that if she didn't have her social media power she wouldn't be scoring high fashion campaigns. If she didn't have her status the best she could get would be Miami, LA, Mexico commercial work and that's being nice.

  Reply With Quote
2 Weeks Ago
  29
V.I.P.
 
pellucid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,086
Moderator Note:

Please keep in mind that the focus of the ad/mag forums is the fashion, art, photography and business of the work presented there. While the model/celeb taking part in the images are important, it must not be the main focus in these threads.

Further off-topic discussion will be removed. Thank you!

  Reply With Quote
2 Weeks Ago
  30
V.I.P.
 
Benn98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bbbrrruummiiee
Gender: homme
Posts: 12,642
I always get the impression that Karl don't bother with a really impactful campaign for Fendi. It's as storied as Chanel in terms of brand profile, but his work for Fendi is miles ahead of what he's doing at Chanel. So I find it somewhat sad that the campaigns never fully encapsulate his runway genius. I'm in Namibia for NYE and I only just saw his autumn couture runway presentation on some fashion channel. Despite initially scoffing at the 'old' show, I finished it from start to end because it was just one anazing look after the other. The way he plays with fur, wow!

Also, Vittoria closed the show so I imagine that's why she got this.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, ceretti, fendi, karl, lagerfeld, s or s, vittoria
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2018 All rights reserved.