Fendi S/S 2018 : Vittoria Ceretti by Karl Lagerfeld - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

3 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

So does Kendall, so what's your point?

Fendi campaigns are boring. It is what it is.
I'm not happy w/ Vitto being part of this again, and adding Kendall wouldn't help either. But I wouldn't be mad if it's true. She's a boring model, so she fits boring campaigns.
Plus, we've only seen one shot so far. I think it's too soon to judge.

Btw, I wouldn't mind Karl being a little too obsessed w/ Luna and/or Grace and using one of them for this campaign as well. They would have elevated this, just like they did with Chanel.

Last edited by guimon; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:22 PM.
3 Weeks Ago
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by guimon View Post
So does Kendall, so what's your point?
Vittoria's beauty at least evokes elegance; Kendall is pretty but her look doesn't take me anywhere
So yes, Kendall might actually be a better fit for Fendi

3 Weeks Ago
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zposen View Post
Kendall's Fendi campaigns are 100X better than what Vittoria is serving in that pic... but I am pretty sure she is not part of this year Fendi campaign.
That is absolutely incorrect. Kendall is extremely lackluster in front of the camera. She can't pose and she sure as hell can't show emotion. She looks the same in every single picture. The only time she show's any form of emotion is when she put's on that fake smile for Vogue and Love. Vittoria draws you in with her eyes. She has so much power in front of the camera. Kendall could learn a thing or two from her. I would rather see Binx or Kaia. At least they can do something besides mimicking a mannequin.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivenchyHomme View Post
That is absolutely incorrect. Kendall is extremely lackluster in front of the camera. She can't pose and she sure as hell can't show emotion. She looks the same in every single picture. The only time she show's any form of emotion is when she put's on that fake smile for Vogue and Love. Vittoria draws you in with her eyes. She has so much power in front of the camera. Kendall could learn a thing or two from her. I would rather see Binx or Kaia. At least they can do something besides mimicking a mannequin.
I absolutely disagree with everything you wrote. IMO there is not much difference between Vittoria and Kendall and maybe 90% of models today in print. I do think Vittoria work with Meisel is the only exception between the two but people will always judge Kendall harshly because of her last name. "Vittoria draws you in with her eyes. She has so much power in front of the camera." ... but modeling is subjective. She does not do the same for me but she has a very pretty face and when done right she can take pretty pictures, just like Kendall and most models today.

For me Vittoria just does not pull off Fendi at all. The clothes look awkward on her and just like the spring 2017 she's just standing there like one of the props (maybe there will be improvement). I think Kendall and Gigi did well last season and Kendall Fall 2016 Fendi campaign was pretty good. Not that Kendall is an exceptional model by any means but she pulls of the Fendi vibe/aesthetic quite well and that translate in the campaign. Also, the makeup and styling were better last season. Of course, this is based on one pic... I may change my mind once the complete campaign has been release.

I am pretty sure Kendall did not shoot Fendi this spring. I hope its an only girl campaign for Vitto.

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
3 Weeks Ago
trendsetter

Fendi campaigns just simply suck lately. That's pretty much it.

3 Weeks Ago
fashion icon

Quote:
I absolutely disagree with everything you wrote. IMO there is not much difference between Vittoria and Kendall and maybe 90% of models today in print. I do think Vittoria work with Meisel is the only exception between the two but people will always judge Kendall harshly because of her last name. "Vittoria draws you in with her eyes. She has so much power in front of the camera." ... but modeling is subjective. She does not do the same for me but she has a very pretty face and when done right she can take pretty pictures, just like Kendall and most models today.

For me Vittoria just does not pull off Fendi at all. The clothes look awkward on her and just like the spring 2017 she's just standing there like one of the props (maybe there will be improvement). I think Kendall and Gigi did well last season and Kendall Fall 2016 Fendi campaign was pretty good. Not that Kendall is an exceptional model by any means but she pulls of the Fendi vibe/aesthetic quite well and that translate in the campaign. Also, the makeup and styling were better last season. Of course, this is based on one pic... I may change my mind once the complete campaign has been release.

I am pretty sure Kendall did not shoot Fendi this spring. I hope its an only girl campaign for Vitto.
I'm not judging Kendall because of her name. She is simply not a high fashion model. I've mentioned this plenty of times before but Kendall is not a person, she's a marketing object. It's almost guaranteed that she will get your brand out there. She has so much power in the industry, it's almost criminal. If she was a good model I would understand the hype, unfortunately she's not. I would put her more in the celebrity category, except she's not booking those jobs. She's taking jobs suited to actual working models. Everyone is riding the Kendall bandwagon, because it works. Yes she's mediocre, but who cares as long as she sells right? That's what I have a problem with. It's promoting mediocrity for the sake of sales and pushing a girl into a category she has no business being a part of. Vittoria may not be your cup of tea, but her talent is undeniable. She's a fantastic model.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivenchyHomme View Post
I'm not judging Kendall because of her name. She is simply not a high fashion model. I've mentioned this plenty of times before but Kendall is not a person, she's a marketing object. It's almost guaranteed that she will get your brand out there. She has so much power in the industry, it's almost criminal. If she was a good model I would understand the hype, unfortunately she's not. I would put her more in the celebrity category, except she's not booking those jobs. She's taking jobs suited to actual working models. Everyone is riding the Kendall bandwagon, because it works. Yes she's mediocre, but who cares as long as she sells right? That's what I have a problem with. It's promoting mediocrity for the sake of sales and pushing a girl into a category she has no business being a part of. Vittoria may not be your cup of tea, but her talent is undeniable. She's a fantastic model.
Yeah Ok. Again modeling is subjective. I don't agree with anything you said.... I think Kendall fits right in with the vast majority of models today... and in fact does a better job than some models who got more covers than her this year

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
3 Weeks Ago
fashion icon

Quote:
Yeah Ok. Again modeling is subjective. I don't agree with anything you said.... I think Kendall fits right in with the vast majority of models today... and in fact does a better job than some models who got more covers than her this year

Okay, whatever you say. Have a good night.

windowshopping

Quote:
whatever you say

3 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

Quote:
Whatever you say, lol!

fashion insider

Quote:
I think Kendall fits right in with the vast majority of models today... and in fact does a better job than some models who got more covers than her this year

LOL, cheers to you!

front row

Quote:
Agreed, she fits right in with the vast majority of models today... in LA and Miami.

2 Weeks Ago
front row

I also dislike Kendall because she doesn't look a like a model, not because she's a reality star. You simply cannot compare Kendall to the likes of Raquel Zimmermann, Mariacarla, Guinevere, Amber, Liu Wen, Vittoria, Joan, Liya, Freja, etc. She's not even in the same category in reality. Everyone knows that if she didn't have her social media power she wouldn't be scoring high fashion campaigns. If she didn't have her status the best she could get would be Miami, LA, Mexico commercial work and that's being nice.

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Moderator Note:

Please keep in mind that the focus of the ad/mag forums is the fashion, art, photography and business of the work presented there. While the model/celeb taking part in the images are important, it must not be the main focus in these threads.

Further off-topic discussion will be removed. Thank you!

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

I always get the impression that Karl don't bother with a really impactful campaign for Fendi. It's as storied as Chanel in terms of brand profile, but his work for Fendi is miles ahead of what he's doing at Chanel. So I find it somewhat sad that the campaigns never fully encapsulate his runway genius. I'm in Namibia for NYE and I only just saw his autumn couture runway presentation on some fashion channel. Despite initially scoffing at the 'old' show, I finished it from start to end because it was just one anazing look after the other. The way he plays with fur, wow!

Also, Vittoria closed the show so I imagine that's why she got this.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, ceretti, fendi, karl, lagerfeld, s or s, vittoria