How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-07-2006
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

YES! Jeremy Pivon. He's very cool... he fits the Gap image very well, IMO...

22-07-2006
V.I.P.

Stam looks like Shirley Temple...

and Jeremy Piven is so hot

22-07-2006
V.I.P.

the advertising campaign, the print ads, tv spots, celebrities..it all sounds like a thought out business strategy. either that or desperation? because i'd imagine they haven't been doing so well...

..can i just say...this is going to cost them some BIG money $$$$$$$$$ (so i guess it has to be thought out.) pure hype. because i doubt they invested where they should have-the quality (especially the fit)

i was surprised they put so much focus on denim..what happened last fall? every chain had a denim line all of a sudden..and i saw them all fail.boo...
but then again, it makes sense...the gap should be the no nonsense jean shopping destination.

on another note, i work just beside the gap flagship, and their VERY TALL window (or the back wall of it) is abcolutelu COVERED with denim. not jsut the fabric..pairs and pairs of jeans. looks amazing.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
22-07-2006
V.I.P.

Liya Kebede features in this campaign aswell . Jeremy Piven is a hottie

Soviet Camaro

I love the Peter Max/Yellow Submarine graphics and the black/blue/mono color scheme.

tfs star

Took this with my camera phone at the store.

Irina L (I'm pretty sure its her) and Liya for GAP.

23-07-2006
V.I.P.

^ that looks nothing like my Gap store display. Most displays I've seen is just what's seen in the print ads.

23-07-2006
V.I.P.

are u sure what it`s not an catalog pic? oranother season`s ad? cause in this ad campaign there is jeans theme and these pics have another style
i see there isa title in the left corner what does she say? maybe SALE?

23-07-2006
V.I.P.

I have seen those in my local gap store too. So they must be from this season. Liya looks amazing .

Gap is going a lot of different directions with their ads this season, both in print and in the stores. It looks like Irina and Liya are doing a more sophisticated version, the other models are heading the jeans campaign, and the celebrities are mainly for further promotion and exposure for the company.

23-07-2006
V.I.P.

and will we see this ad in mags? or just in shops?

23-07-2006
boop

Those ads are at my local Gap too. Everyone looks so beautiful in them. Lots of Irina, Freja, Liya, Eva and so on its pretty overload. The mens ones aren't as fun though mainly actors. I just can't take Jeremy Piven modeling seriously.

I think Gap might release these ads along with the other sophisticated ones they've done as a supplement in the September magazines. They did this a couple years ago with their campaigns. It was a nice glossy mini-mag supplement that came with Vanity Fair and Vogue. Very very pretty. I'm hoping these will be featured in the same way.

Whatever happens I am sooo getting that leather jacket Irina is wearing, I felt it in the store and its so soft.

Last edited by Luxx; 23-07-2006 at 03:55 PM.
24-07-2006
V.I.P.

The Irina, Liya and Trish Goff black and white images are also at my local Gap store. I talked to their visual merchandiser and he said that they are going to be releasing different campaigns every month. The denim concept is going to run for a month, and then they are going to do a "Clean and Simple" statement in September. I believe the new "Clean and Simple" campaign will focus on their new skinny black pant called the "Audrey". There will be commerical featuring her dancing to more "modern" music.

25-07-2006
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

liya looks like cindy!

26-07-2006
V.I.P.

i really can't wait to see pics of Eva H from this campaign. i can't believe how she's STILL so relevant and great!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0607, f or w, gap