Giorgio Armani S/S 2018 : Daga Ziober & Simon Nessman by Sarah Moon - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-11-2017
V.I.P.

Giorgio Armani S/S 2018 : Daga Ziober & Simon Nessman by Sarah Moon

fashiongonerogue
Quote:
Giorgio Armani taps Sarah Moon to photograph its spring-summer 2018 campaign. Inspired by the brush strokes of a painter, the dreamy advertisements feature hazy images with models Daga Ziober and Simon Nessman. The spring season features arty floral prints, Armani's signature tailoring and a vibrant color palette. Moon's images also put a focus on dazzling accessories as well as statement footwear.

Last edited by zzzyao76; 04-11-2017 at 11:11 AM.
04-11-2017
V.I.P.

Pretty as only Sarah can do.

04-11-2017
V.I.P.

beautiful

04-11-2017
fashion insider

Armani is on a streak, after van Drimmelen last season another gorgeous campaign. Love.

V.I.P.

Perfection! This is indeed a stunning follow-up. What I like about Sarah's work is the flicker between vintage and contemporary, while still adding her stamp motifs to the images. Penn also had that. It's really a rarity which we hardly ever see nowadays. I like all the shots, but my bias is strong towards the red ones.

04-11-2017
fashion elite

Very beautiful but the outfits looks so dated!

05-11-2017
backstage pass

I love the stillness of the images despite them being in motion. A really beautiful perspective

05-11-2017
fashion icon

I would say good for Daga, but you can barely tell it's her! Imagine her shock when she thinks she booked Armani and the pictures turn out all blurry.

trendsetter

This is so beautiful. It has the perfect atmosphere for Armani .. Sarah Moonves has done an excellent job here. Love to see they keep on using female photographers rising up: first AnneMarieke and now Sarah. So much better than the big names who keep on disappointing us with the same concepts over and over again (Yes Testino, M&M and more: I'm taking about you)

3 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

The trench coat photo is absolutely stunning!

3 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
Very beautiful but the outfits looks so dated!
Thatís why the Gaussian Blur-filter was used so generously LOL

It all looks annoying as hell.

3 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

^ for Moon it’s actually almost clear.. she started turning off nearly all lights and blurring the hell out of stuff like CDG in the past decade. Glad to see her moving on a bit.

I don’t associate Armani with looking modern, isn’t that the whole point of Armani? lol.. he was 90s in the mid 00s when it wasn’t cool and now it’s all very mid 00s Marras. Just yesterday I was looking at the campaign shot by Annemarieke van Drimmelen and I started thinking of this label.. as a bunker that gets news from the outside world every now and then.. it’s not so bad, kind of attractive.

3 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

^^^ Yeahó Armani is that label that only seems to get news from the outside world every so often nowadays LOL I think I'll always adore Armani like an old friend that you have a long history with even if they annoy you endlessly now. And seeing his standard pieces in the shops never stops me from drooling like an addict in a pharmacy: Heís that cocoon of a security blanket for me. But as tempting as it may be to suggest itís time to hand the designing duties over to someone with relevance or irreverence, if he lives for the work, more power to him. Fashion titans like him and the late great Azzedine only come along once in a lifetime. So cherish him while he's still alive and productive.

Anyway, Iím sure if Sarah's work was displayed at a gallery in silver gelatin print, beautifully framed and properly curated, itíll all look gorgeous and impressive etc.

As images for a fashion designerís campaign that will be mostly viewed at approx 9Ēx11Ē on god knows what type of poor paper stock in magazines, itís an annoying joke. Just like what may work for the runway isnít necessary going to work for print. Even with laser surgery, I still have the eyesight of a mole, so these kinds of concepts annoy me to no ends right up there with people that wear sunglasses indoors.

3 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

^ I feel more torn about him in comparison to other designers that are just as annoyingly stubborn. He's unchangeable because he still makes profit from the residues of his titan status almost 3 decades ago and the loyal clientele he gained at the time, but contributions to design or even an impact? (I feel rather blasphemous now). And there's always a major turn-off in his pieces, I'll be drawn to something but upon a closer look, there's always something that's just untouchable, not forbidden/yummy/tempting untouchable, more like Transportation Committee Clerk/USPS cashier for 23 years type of depressing untouchable.. which sucks because I feel like I'm quite forgiving to seemingly unattractive designers and insipid presentations (e.g. Margaret Howell haha). I get that security blanket from her, even in cities I hate and expecting nothing because I didn't care for the last collection, I'll walk into her stores and the clothes are yummy, the SAs treat you to some youtube gems and are just as giggly about the clothes.. that's one bunker I wish I could take up residence in.

But you're so right, I have good eyesight but Moon's work is forgettable in regular magazine format.. the difference is huge even when it's slightly bigger.. I want a nice SM print now.

(I have one Armani figure in my life lol- such a fancy way to describe what has eroded but at least it's alive)

Last edited by MulletProof; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:25 PM.
3 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

^^^ Sure, heís more of a status name brand that hausfraus all around the world dream about wearing next to Chanel so itís so much easier for us to dismiss him as corporate, when itís not his fault the commoners have caught up with his refined sensibilities 30-some years later. Even in the beginning, he was never going in that daring direction as someone like Rei. So that even if heís at an arrested development in his design these days, his is more forgivable than if she were to still be stuck in polka-dot ruffle-madness in 2018.

This campaign fails in all sorts of ways since it seems to blatantly/carelessly/thoughtlessly never takes into consideration the point of a such a fashion campaign, and most hilariously for hiring Simon only to blur his face. Why not just cast yourself, Gioó at least thereís some novelty in realizing that the blurred person is the designer himselfÖ

I donít know what it is like with you and Margaret, Mullet, but with me and Armani, it was more about this world he created that was very tangible, exclusive and not at all a fantasy, and still very much a dream: And thatís something thatís difficult to achieve. And that goes way back to when I was around 13 and going into the Armani shop in LA and I distinctly remember the scent, the black marble and the gold logo etc. He, along with Ralph Laurenó and Aldo Fallai and Bruce Weber in all their effortless vision of a fashion Camelot, really made an impact on how I viewed and became attracted to a brand of quiet high fashion that was more about attitude than the design-y aspect of clothing.

Sarahís imagery is evocative in her own terms, just not with Armaniís, since his silhouette is so classic and not an exaggerated experiment in form like CdG's, which can work wonderfully when distorted by Sarah. I mean, even Armaniís current offering doesnít feel and look like Armani to me: Itís either crassly and hilariously outdated retro, or just sloppily and unflatteringly designed-- traits I wouldnít associate with his aesthetic. But you do your thing Gio, I guess...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, armani, daga, giorgio, moon, nessman, s or s, sarah, simon, ziober