How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2011
backstage pass

I was so exicted to hear that Gisele ws doing Givenchy this season but I'm not so excited by this image. Gisele looks tired, bored, emotionless in a bad way....I expected her to channel a Modern day siren given the narrative of this collection. The male models are out smizing her! lol Its a bit too many props in this ad cant tell whats to be sold and whats to be an accent....But putting all that aside I do love this image. I love the mood and the darkness. i just feel that they could done away with the dog and truck and perhaps had the surfboards hauntingly stuck in sand giving this eerir desolated haunted beach....(very descriptive I know lol)

19-12-2011
V.I.P.

Simply adore this, its stunning, and i like the dark mood, looking forward to see more, and its a shame Lea is not in this, because i feel like she would be perfect addition!

19-12-2011
fashion icon

It's boring. The entire campaign lacks energy, so I'm hoping MCB saves this.

19-12-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
Insider information has it that next season's inspirations will be sharks. What are they gonna do for that? Put a leash around the shark?
Placing Gisele and MCB in front of the Damien Hirst sharks and everything in black and white. You seriously got me dreaming.

And I don't get why people say they dont get the concept, it's just one picture and maybe the beauty of it is that you arent able to figure evrything put baswd on the fieat picture. i love the overall mood but I have problems with the styling of the guys. I mean, come on, suits lanyards and sandals? You must be kidding.

But it definitely looks like a good start. CANT WAIT for MCB, I bet she's killing it as Italian mafia lady shooting everyone with her fierceness.

When in doubt, wear red.

This ad will be hard to top in my heart. It's just perfect! I love the monochromatic color palette. A perfect setting, a great cast, a great composition, greta photography and of course Gisele in that dress kicks some serious a$$
I always want campaigns to tell a story, to make me fantasize. I don't really get the story behind it yet, but it definitely makes me fantasize

rising star

not sure if these "behind the scenes" photos were ever seen yet but here is a link:

http://fadedyouthblog.com/2011/11/21...nchy-campaign/

notice the bottom picture of the cast sitting in the back of that black truck all decked out in floral prints from the menswear from spring 2012!!

19-12-2011
scenester

I'm not too sure yet.......

19-12-2011
V.I.P.

Way better than I expected, love the hard-edgy mood. And the cast is amazing, Gisele, the guys (and the dog) look great here.

tfs star

love the pics, it's quite ala The Soprano poster campaign. love it!

19-12-2011
V.I.P.

itīs not bad but i would love to see some face expressions

19-12-2011
V.I.P.

Wow...my favourite so FAR!

19-12-2011
French Chic

Very moody and very dark.....therefore not very summery, but this is Givenchy we are talking about, so it's kinda expected.
This leaves me wanting to see more and obviously MariaCarla's take on the proceedings, because to be fair Gisele looks a little washed out and bored here.

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i think the problem with this ad is in casting Gisele. She is a great model but doesnt work with the theme, she doesnt look like someoen that would look drepressed at the beach especially the way they styled her hair. Such a look makes her look older and out of place

scenester

so far I like it, it is givenchy and it is gisele period. Someone said the entire campaign lacks energy, guys that's just one pic out of the whole campaign that's the gisele effect though, she always give people what to talk about, people love it and people hate it, wouldn't expect differently

19-12-2011
hors concours♛

couldn't agree more with your last statement, she always incites such reaction. That's Gisele. Anticipating more before I can give opinion.

Tags
2012, chris, gisele, givenchy, marcus, mariacarla, mert, s or s, simone