How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-07-2013
fashion elite

Adrien does not fit well for me in this ad looks odd. Abbey looks very sexy and gucci fierce

21-07-2013
fashion elite

There is something very wrong about this campaign.
At first sigh I can see a glamorised Girl With The Dragon Tatoo studio shot (that has been done quite a lot to be honest)but as you go through that overly photoshoped mess you can see that what is lacking is creativity. Last season it was a great studio shot but this is so artificial with that strange blurred (?) effect.
Multiple girls would also be nice, I really think Abbey looks great but someone like Daria or Karmen would give the campaign an extra something instead of Abbey posing with herself.

V.I.P.

Well imo it's not THAT bad... I mean the cheekbones look terrible and totally photoshopped but I kinda like the colors and the lighting. It is definitely eye-catching.

21-07-2013
fashion elite

Could use more Joan. This "Underworld" theme is not a good look. Gucci's campaigns are becoming just as bad as the collections. This house is in full-on free fall mode.

V.I.P.

Jeez, they ruined Adrien's face so badly, can't believe what they did to his lips and cheeks, he looks on botox.

21-07-2013
V.I.P.

i dont think Abbey is the issue here, as she has been a great Gucci girl before. But every element is so harsh; the make-up, the hair, the colors, the retouching, the lines. Less is more and its a shame they didnt learn that from last season which was perfect.

21-07-2013
trendsetter

Happy for Abbey.But this is the worst Gucci campaign I have ever seen.

22-07-2013
███████████████

Bad taste very lookbook to me, and the photoshop is terrible

22-07-2013
V.I.P.

What a disappointing campaign. There is not a single redeeming quality about it. The collection was awful so they were already fighting an uphill battle, even before anyone stepped foot on the set. However, nobody involved did anything to help the situation.

M&M are definitely capable of producing better images than what we got here. And what we got is an over-photshopped joke. Pencil in the model's cheek-bones. Make everything so dark you can barely see anything. How edgy and innovative. The styling is kind of stale too, but I don't know how much could be done with that collection, tbh. The choice of models is all wrong, too.

I'm probably in minority here, but Abbey just isn't a Gucci girl to me. In fact, aside from that mess of an I&V campaign a few years ago where everyone and their mother appeared and all of them looking out of place, I can't think of less fitting Gucci girl than Abbey - at least for the current image that Gucci is going for. A few years ago when Frida was testing that whole hippie image, I could see an argument for Abbey, but not right now. She just doesn't have the sex appeal or the femme fatale allure to pull off these shots.

Last edited by MyNameIs; 22-07-2013 at 07:58 AM.
22-07-2013
windowshopping

Abbey looks like Heidi Mount.

22-07-2013
tfs star

I gave it one and a half day and Im still speechless. This is so bad on so many levels that im actually doubting the authenticity of it. The photoshop, the blurs between compositions, the models, the styling, literally nothing works. OR this is a quasi tribute to some campy bulgarian fetish catalogue from the mid-nineties or M&M's artistic vision is lightyears ahead making me a late adopter but this is some vile looking campaign. Im stunned the Gucci board and M&M's team approved this. Abbey really didnt work out either, the last years i just read 'help me' in her eyes. She used to radiate joy. But thats just my two cents.

EDT: I wonder if this is some rushed reshoot? They normally come out with their campaign a lot earlier no?

Last edited by Vitamine W; 22-07-2013 at 03:43 PM.
22-07-2013
V.I.P.

looks like Mert & Marcus can have their occasional miss. which would be this one.

22-07-2013
backstage pass

Nice to see Abbey's return

V.I.P.

r a n k

22-07-2013
V.I.P.

Wow, this campaign is entirely soulless.

Tags
1314, abbey, adrien, alas, f or w, gucci, kershaw, lee, marcus, mert, piggott, sahores