How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-09-2005
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acne
Do you realy think that Aftonbladet (Swedish tabloid newspaper) had any thing to do with H&M:s decision on the cancelation of Kate Moss?
I dont even think that the people on H&M read that crappy newspaper. The only thing that H&M looked at where the facts. Drugs, group sex and what she had to say.

The news is real if any one still dont know. It´s on www.di.se (swedish economy newspaper)
heh, don't underestimate popular opinon. I'm sure the past days outrage everywhere is very important for their decision even though the new rumors would have added to the burdon. Aftobladet, I just mentioned because their poll made the outrage very clear. I'm sure that they consulted much more trustworthy methods, though. Anything else would be very foolish from a business perspective. I don't think that H&M is doing this for the greater good of mankind - they are thinking about marketing and profit. Considering that DN, SVD and BBC are reporting this you can be pretty sure it's true.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 20-09-2005 at 06:27 AM.

20-09-2005
trendsetter

The way she's been exposed bothers me.
I think that's hypocritical for the tabloid to do such a immoral thing (breach her privacy)and point at her.

It bothers me the way we juge people from stolen pics and think we're so morally superior.

I think that's where Iluvjeisa is coming from.
I wish I could express myself in a more articulate and precise way but my english isn't that good.

On the other hand H&M have an image to keep. They wan't to appear wholesome ect so their models have to look wholesome even though they're not. Kate doesn't suit the job anymore.

20-09-2005
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadee
The way she's been exposed bothers me.
I think that's hypocritical for the tabloid to do such a immoral thing (breach her privacy)and point at her.

It bothers me the way we juge people from stolen pics and think we're so morally superior.

I think that's where Iluvjeisa is coming from.
I wish I could express myself in a more articulate and precise way but my english isn't that good.

On the other hand H&M have an image to keep. They wan't to appear wholesome ect so their models have to look wholesome even though they're not. Kate doesn't suit the job anymore.
Thanks for getting what I'm saying Jadee Your English is wonderful IMO and I think you're right on all accounts.

20-09-2005
Swim Upstream

jadee you are right there is a hypocracy in the tabloid press. But I think there is a legitimate public interest in knowing the truth about this girl who is sooo influential to young women. You just need to look at the posts here to see how much people adore her....but she is an illusion and she isn't a good role model. I do think people should know the truth. Thats why I don't think any claim that her privacy was breached will wash.

As I said before with priviledge comes responsibility.

20-09-2005
front row

H & M Drop Kate
H&M have dropped her from their lucrative advertising campaign (Breaking News from Sky)

Well its her fault she is incredibly stupid. Her and Pete can die crackheads together.

20-09-2005
rising star

Personally I think H&Mshould take the stance that the paparazzi and the tabloids should respect Kate and other celebs privacy, however I suppose would not be terribly popular....

Last edited by Mythique; 20-09-2005 at 07:09 AM.

20-09-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
jadee you are right there is a hypocracy in the tabloid press. But I think there is a legitimate public interest in knowing the truth about this girl who is sooo influential to young women. You just need to look at the posts here to see how much people adore her....but she is an illusion and she isn't a good role model. I do think people should know the truth. Thats why I don't think any claim that her privacy was breached will wash.

I agree with you. And I think that her problems are caused with Pete...

20-09-2005
backstage pass

Really? I thought they'd decided to keep her. Oh well, if she quits her coke habit, she won't need the extra cash anyway

20-09-2005
backstage pass

The whole incident is one big advertisement for cocaine, H & M wouldn't have suffered but in my opinion, it'll be the dealers that benefit in the end!

20-09-2005
V.I.P.

there is aslo thread http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...245#post971245

and it is true...

20-09-2005
V.I.P.

whoa I just read that they were keeping her. strange. oh well.

20-09-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

If she really felt she had a problem though, she would go into rehab. Instead she keeps denying it. Which is fine but as aforementioned, there are ramifications.

20-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena

Hmm ... I'm not sure about our "right" to invade people's private life.
From a legal point of view it can be accepted but from a moral point of view it can't .

I think I understand what you're saying about people adoring a celebrity who show a false image of herself but isn't it the job of a model to project an illusion?

It reminds me of Racine:
"Je ne méritais, ni cet excès d'honneur, ni cette
indignité "

which I badly translate into:
"I didn't deserve this excess of honors nor this indignity."
What they did is sick IMO. If I had presonal problems I wouldn't want to be exposed in public for people to juge me.

Of course she isn't a good role model but when did she claim she was a role model?
Why should she be a role model?
Because she's rich and famous?
Is it morally wrong to have weaknesses when you're rich and famous?
I don't think we look up to celebrities for morallity.
All I ask from a model is being good at modelling.
And that's all we should do in an ideal world.

Of course I say "we" a lot because I include myself .I'm no angel. I'm wondering about all this too.

ETA: thank you Iluvjeisa. I like to read your posts.
You sounds wise to me.

Last edited by Jadee; 20-09-2005 at 07:45 AM.

20-09-2005
scenester

Apparently the Daily Mirror has also published an article detailing sex escapades as well, and maybe that was instrumental in H+Ms decision as well?

Sounds like the Mirror is leading an all-out assault on Kate after she won that case against them earlier (the drug-coma thing)

i know she's made some "wrong" decisions, and i think the only reason that they are wrong is because she has a daughter, but the way this tabloid is going after her is SICK

20-09-2005
backstage pass

I think she had just she deserve it..!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campaign, cancels, handm, kate, moss