How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-09-2005
PopWillEatItself

I think that she does influence people like anyone else who is a "star". I don't think that anyone would follow Keith Richard's track just because he admires him but I've met people who - for example- would use substances to get inspired in the way that their favourite band is!!!! Many people think that good music is the result of good "drugs", as many bands are open about usage....

In the same way, if Kate Moss is the icon of cool ,and a young girl wants to be considered as cool too, she will tend to immitate her (to a certain extent) because the rest of her age group considers this person cool too... Let's not ignore the fact that Kate Moss herself seems to be following the footsteps of Marianne Faithful, or at least she gives the impression of aspiring to become something like her... (I come to this conclusion just from personla observations so don't start asking me where I base this - it's just me)

My point is, that people need to clarify the reason for which they admire certain stars... and I don't think many of them do.

Also, I'm worried about our role models... what happened to leaders and artists as rolemodels... but then again, if today's popular "artists" are people like Britney Spears and the first example of a leader that springs to mind is George Bush, maybe I shouldn't blame the teens for looking up to people like Kate Moss instead! At least she IS cool....

(Gosh, I've been talking for ages......)

Last edited by melt977; 21-09-2005 at 04:23 AM.

21-09-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA
If H&M contacts Kate in 3 years when this has died down a bit.. and if she isn't doing drugs (at least publicly..).. it wouldn't shock me. But the decision for H&M to say bye to Kate is totally understandable and is the smart move... its too risky to be associated with Miss Moss now.. esp when you're a company with a young clientele
I completely agree.

21-09-2005
Swim Upstream

the BBC is reporting today that she is being investigated by Scotland Yard.

21-09-2005
V.I.P.

What does it mean for her?

21-09-2005
front row

Are they trying to find the dealers?

21-09-2005
The mod squad

There a re rumours going on that Jessica Simpson will be replacing her.

21-09-2005
Swim Upstream

This thread is closed due to people posting pictures of drug taking contrary to TFS rules and constant warnings.

21-09-2005
V.I.P.

Clothing Chain H&M Drops Kate Moss Ads
Clothing Chain H&M Drops Kate Moss Ads

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
September 20, 2005
www.nytimes.com

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) -- Swedish clothing chain Hennes & Mauritz said Tuesday it will drop a planned advertising campaign with model Kate Moss after she admitted to recently using cocaine.
Courtesy of W
In August 2003, W published a 40-page portfolio of Kate Moss. Here, a photograph by Craig McDean.

H&M, Europe's largest fashion retailer, had planned to use Moss to help launch a new collection designed by Stella McCartney that will hit stores in 22 countries in November.

The decision to drop the campaign comes after Moss acknowledged last week that British tabloid reports of her recent cocaine use were true.

H&M initially said it would proceed with the campaign, but company spokeswoman Liv Asarnoj said Tuesday that ''after evaluating the situation, we have decided that a campaign with Kate Moss is not consistent with H&M's clear disassociation from drugs.''

The company will call in another model for the campaign, Asarnoj said.

H&M said Saturday that Moss had apologized for her drug use and promised in writing to abide by a company policy that models be ''healthy, wholesome and sound.''

McCartney, daughter of former Beatle Paul McCartney, will design a limited women's collection of about 40 items that will go on sale in 400 stores on Nov. 10. Last year, H&M released a similar collection designed by Karl Lagerfeld, which sold out in a few hours in many stores worldwide.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."

21-09-2005
front row

Any rumours yet who will take her place in those ads?

21-09-2005
V.I.P.

I did a search and nothing came up, so..(for the tread that is)

Oh, boy...Not only was I looking forward to the collection itself, but the advertising campaign as well! Hmm, methinks H&M is digging themselves a hole by dropping such a prominent figure from this. Even those who may not 'get' the Stella McCartney hype, wil recognize Moss's face.

Still, love H&M with all my might!

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."

Last edited by Pastry; 21-09-2005 at 12:06 PM.

21-09-2005
User Friendly

Oh there is actually a HUGE thread on this in the ads section

21-09-2005
V.I.P.

word has it that Jessica Simpson is taking her job now.
this is even more disappointing, no words for that bad decision.....

21-09-2005
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA
Oh there is actually a HUGE thread on this in the ads section
That thread had to be closed.

~Madeleine Albright

21-09-2005
User Friendly

oh really? Thats weird.. I just posted there before I went to bed last night.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campaign, cancels, handm, kate, moss