How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-09-2005
slightly dizzy

H&M cancels Kate Moss campaign
According to Swedish newspaper Expressen (www.expressen.se) H&M has now officially cancelled the scheduled Kate Moss campaign due to the recent drug scandal.

20-09-2005
Swim Upstream

I thought H&M had honoured the contract. Well well.

20-09-2005
trendsetter

theres some other sex scandal i think.

20-09-2005
scenester

In the german news they said that after some negotiations they still want Kate at H&M

20-09-2005
gromosexual

kate is too good for H&M

20-09-2005
trendsetter

H&M decided to give a second chance to Kate Moss. Here's the french article :

Cocaïne : H&M donne une "seconde chance" à Kate Moss

LONDRES, 17 sept 2005 (AFP) - Le groupe de confection suédois H&M a accepté de donner "une seconde chance" au mannequin britannique Kate Moss, le visage de sa collection automne-hiver 2005, après les nombreuses photos dans un tabloïd anglais la montrant visiblement en train de "sniffer" de la cocaïne.

"Nous sommes absolument contre la consommation de drogues, nous l'avons clairement fait savoir à Kate Moss, et après avoir entendu ses explications et ses regrets, nous avons décidé de continuer pour l'instant notre coopération", a déclaré Liv Asarnoj, une porte-parole de H&M à l'AFP samedi.
"Nous désapprouvons fermement le comportement de Kate Moss et nous avons des règles très strictes concernant nos mannequins", a insisté la représentante de H&M, semblant confirmer implicitement les accusations du Mirror: "ils doivent être en bonne santé et sains de corps et d'esprit".

La représentante du géant suédois de l'habillement a cependant refusé de préciser les propos exacts de la mannequin londonienne, lors d'une rencontre entre Kate Moss, son agent, et des dirigeants de H&M à New York, et notamment la ou les drogues que celle-ci aurait reconnu avoir consommées.

"Elle a désormais accepté par écrit notre politique en matière de publicité, politique dans le cadre de laquelle nous rejetons clairement toute consommation de drogues", a insisté Liv Asarnoj auprès de l'AFP, estimant que toute cette histoire était "très regrettable".

Dans un long article vendredi, le Daily Mirror avait accusé Kate Moss de "sniffer" de la cocaïne "matin, midi et soir" et "d'avoir des dealers dans le monde entier". Selon le journal, la célèbre mannequin se vanterait également de fumer du "skunk", un dérivé très puissant du haschisch, avec les amis de son compagnon actuel, le rocker Pete Doherty.

L'ancien chanteur des Libertines, 25 ans, désormais à la tête de son propre groupe, les Babyshambles, a plus souvent fait la Une des journaux anglais pour sa consommation effrénée de drogues que pour sa musique.

Kate Moss, qui représente H&M pour sa collection automne-hiver 2005, dessinée par Stella McCartney, est également le visage de Dior, Chanel ou encore Burberry. Aucune de ces autres marques n'a fait de commentaires après les allégations du Daily Mirror.

"Nous ne commentons pas la vie privée de Kate", a précisé de son côté le groupe américain de produits cosmétiques Coty pour qui Kate Moss représente la marque Rimmel.

Mannequin depuis l'âge de 14 ans, Kate Moss, 31 ans, n'a pratiquement jamais quitté la Une des magazines depuis. En 1998 déjà sa carrière avait semblé en danger quand elle avait dû quitter les défilés pour suivre une cure de désintoxication.

20-09-2005
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy
theres some other sex scandal i think.
I guess this was more than they could handle. This just goes to show that if you've got some weakness you'd better hide it. If you can and if you can't you are vermin. As if we didn't know... It's a beautiful life!

20-09-2005
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by isupporthil
H&M decided to give a second chance to Kate Moss. Here's the french article :
The first news is in Swedish because H&M is largely a Swedish company. Aftonbladet had a poll if they (H&M) should pull the campaign. 70% thought so. Possibly this has something to do with their decision. I wonder who the new H&M girl is? Gemma, Natalia or maybe Sasha?

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=438992

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 20-09-2005 at 05:49 AM.

20-09-2005
trendsetter

ooh.. I wish they'd replace her with Cintia.

20-09-2005
Swim Upstream

I think this report is true. Its also on the BBC News online.

20-09-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I don't think one can say either way yet as papers are reporting different things. And iluvjeisa....I'm not entirely sure where you are coming from but kate should hide this weakness. She has a two year old daughter and she's caught doing hard drugs....there should be ramifications for doing something that is considered against the law, model or no model.

edited to add: missed your post H. I sort of hope it is true...

Last edited by Meg; 20-09-2005 at 06:13 AM.

20-09-2005
Swim Upstream

I hope so too Meg. Its absolutely right that she suffers the ramifications of her irresponsibility. Like we all have to do.

20-09-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa
The first news is in Swedish because H&M is largely a Swedish company. Aftonbladet had a poll if they (H&M) should pull the campaign. 70% thought so. Possibly this has something to do with their decision.
Do you realy think that Aftonbladet (Swedish tabloid newspaper) had any thing to do with H&M:s decision on the cancelation of Kate Moss?
I dont even think that the people on H&M read that crappy newspaper. The only thing that H&M looked at where the facts. Drugs, group sex and what she had to say.

The news is real if any one still dont know. It´s on www.di.se (swedish economy newspaper)

Last edited by Acne; 20-09-2005 at 06:19 AM.

20-09-2005
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
I don't think one can say either way yet as papers are reporting different things. And iluvjeisa....I'm not entirely sure where you are coming from but kate should hide this weakness. She has a two year old daughter and she's caught doing hard drugs....there should be ramifications for doing something that is considered against the law, model or no model.

edited to add: missed your post H. I sort of hope it is true...
I understand their decision. I just react toward hypocrasy in a kind of knee-jerk way, I guess. I think it's horrible that when people have weaknesses, for instance drug abuse, people kick on them and feel better about themselves as a result. But that's life and all that....I just don't like it. And that will be the last thing I'll say about the Kate/drug issue. It's a complex unresolvable issue. There are no good solutions.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 20-09-2005 at 06:27 AM.

20-09-2005
backstage pass

^ i think it is true. Although at the end of last week H&M decided to honour the contract because kate and her agent had apologised and she promised to do rehab, but an H&M spokeswoman said yesterday after more allegations (don't know what) they may have to reconsider their previous decision....they've obviously decided to go with someone else, wonder who they will get because it's pretty short notice if the stella collection is released the start of November though.

To be honest I'm glad they are using someone else, whether she wants to be or not kate is a role model to lots of young impressionable girls, she needs to grow up.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
campaign, cancels, handm, kate, moss