How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-10-2009
V.I.P.

i see they use Chanel makeup lol

19-10-2009
front row

Source: www.hm.com

front row

Source: www.nitrolicious.com

V.I.P.

Is Tamara Mellon actually part of the campaign? Sasha looks so striking in the shot leading Edita.

V.I.P.

The designers are usually always part of the campaign. Only CDG didn't feature the designer...well, and Stella - but that was because the campaign was pulled.

Karl did his, V&R did the menswear in theirs, as did Matthew Williamson in his, Cavali was in the party scenes..

20-10-2009
Oh Yeah!

I think the third girl is Jagodzinska

wwd

windowshopping

love the clutch and the overknees but I guess the quality of the shoes will be quite crappy!...dunno....

front row

Jimmy Choo for H&M commercial

Source: www.hm.com

V.I.P.

i've been thinking about this campaign and then realised that all 3 models are actually short
it's weird and it upsets me a little, even though i like all 3 of them

20-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartfashi0n View Post
love the clutch and the overknees but I guess the quality of the shoes will be quite crappy!...dunno....

I don't really get why people are saying this... you're going to get the quality you're paying for. Obviously you're not going to get as higher spec on things as if they were mainline Jimmy Choo - but then you're not going to be paying anywhere near as much as it?

They'll be as good a quality as any other shoe in the same price brackets (these aren't cheap shoes). I'd imagine you'll see shoes to a higher spec and quality than anything like Topshop or such. We know everything used is real leather also.

You're paying for the designer's design at a high street level...

Besides, in all my time at H&M I've never had to return a shoe because it was faulty, only things like the ocassional strap breaking on flip flops.

20-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abul View Post
i've been thinking about this campaign and then realised that all 3 models are actually short
it's weird and it upsets me a little, even though i like all 3 of them
Why would it upset you that they're short?

21-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Move over Kate Moss,Topshop is about to face some serious competition.

And no doubt retail giant Phillip Green will be monitoring sales with nervous anticipation as shoppers count down to the hottest collaboration of the year - Jimmy Choo for H&M.

Consumers are generally expected to fork out exorbitant amounts to get their hands on the coveted heels, a staunch favourite among A-listers such as Beyonce and Michelle Obama, with the average pair costing around £500.

LEFT: Long wrap dress £69.99, high heel zebra print shoes £79.99, evening bag £39.99, leather bracelet with studs £17.99. RIGHT: Suede dress with fringes £49.99, high heel shoe with studs, £79.99,zebra print bag £69.99, leather bracelet with studs £24.99

But for a credit-crunch friendly £69.99, shoe-lovers can now bag a bargain courtesy of the high street chain, and just in time for the party season too.

The collection, announced earlier this year, hits shelves on November 14th and if past collaborations are anything to go by, queues - and mass hysteria - will promptly be forming around the corner.

President and face of Jimmy Choo Tamara Mellon has included all the superbrand's trademark designs in the capsule wardrobe, that features not only shoes , from thigh-highs to gladiators, but also clothes and accessories.

LEFT: One shoulder suede dress £149.99, high heel cheetah print patent sandalette, £69.99, earrings with studs and crystals £17.99, leather bracelet with studs £17.99. RIGHT: Beaded dress £99.99, high heel strap shoe with zip £79.99, zebra print bag with studs £49.99, leather bracelet with studs, £24.99

There are crystal embellishments, studs, animal prints and block colours to ensure no trend goes unmissed.

Accessories complement the 80's theme with evening clutches and larger day bags, which are bang-on-trend studded or fringed.

Belts are also studded and wide, or long enough for a triple wrap. Fashion-forward choker necklaces, bracelets, cuffs and earrings ensure customers can walk out in head-to-toe Jimmy Choo if they wish.

The clothes have a glossy goth feel with one-shoulder dresses, jumpsuits, leather leggings and dresses covered in crystals, emphasised by a fake-fur gilet, sequined cardigans and embroidered tops.

There is even something for the men as a selection of ankle boots and bags, as well as a wool blazers, leather biker jackets, silk and cashmere mix sweaters, shirts and trousers will also be available in store.

Mellon, who set up the designer empire with a £150,000 loan from her father, said: 'It's such a privilege to design a collection to appeal to fashion savvy, street smart women.

'Jimmy Choo will bring to H&M a sophisticated, fashion forward, accessible and glamorous collection - the perfect party pieces to wear out at night'.

Jimmy Choo was co-founded in 1996 by Malaysian-born Choo and former Vogue accessories editor Tamara Mellon. It has since become a major global upmarket brand with stores on six continents.

The partnership is the latest coup by H&M, who have cashed in on collections by designers including Stella McCartney, Matthew Williamson, Madonna and Kylie Minogue.

Let's hope Sir Phillip can come up with the goods to compete.
dailymail

21-10-2009
V.I.P.

i like the size of the Daily Mail pics...

hopefully they'll cover the menswear too

21-10-2009
front row

arghh i want that heels on the 2nd picture of post #72

V.I.P.

A few more:

Long wrap dress, £ 69.99

Embroidered t-shirt, £ 59.99

Suede one-shouldered dress, £ 149.99

Clutch bag, £ 39.99

Suede dress, £ 149.99

Leather studded bracelet, £ 24.99