How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-02-2006
tailored

Keri Russell & Joy Bryant: the newest Cover Girls
from wwd...

Quote:
Cover Girl has found that it's hardly impossible to land a beautiful face to represent its brand.

The latest celebrity to sign on as a spokesman with the Procter & Gamble makeup brand is Keri Russell, whose next project is the highly anticipated "Mission: Impossible III." The multiyear contract is likely to pay the actress as much as $1 million a year, according to industry sources. The flick is scheduled to debut in May, while Cover Girl expects to bow Russell in their ads in late summer.

Russell, 29, became a beauty icon when she catapulted to stardom as the lead in the TV series "Felicity." Best known for her tendrils of reddish brown hair and makeup-free skin, Russell will likely maintain her natural look while adding glamour with the help of Cover Girl's beauty items. Russell will appear in TV and print ads.

In a statement, Russell said Cover Girl's mantra of "Easy, Breezy, Beautiful" fits in well with her own fresh, natural style.

27-02-2006
front row

About f***ing time somebody gave her a beauty contract!!!! GEEEEZ

Last edited by kimair; 01-03-2006 at 02:06 PM.
27-02-2006
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

seems like shes back!

28-02-2006
barack the vote

Good for her. She's a total cutie.

01-03-2006
V.I.P.

I fell back in love with her when I picked up my issue of Lucky magazine about a year ago. It's a great choice, as the orginal post mentioned, since MI3 is about to come out. Much better than a Maybelline contract IMO..

Not the best scan but...

(ebay.com)

tfs star

why what happened to top model Eva?

03-03-2006
V.I.P.

She is just gorgeous! However, I think Maybelline is a better contract to have as it is more international. I don't think Covergirl is well known outside the states at all. I think of it as a defunct 90s brand here in England.

This is how I like Keri best (from curlyhair.net funnily enough!)

03-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
She is just gorgeous! However, I think Maybelline is a better contract to have as it is more international. I don't think Covergirl is well known outside the states at all. I think of it as a defunct 90s brand here in England.
Maybelline does put more money into their campaigns, but in terms of creativity and thought, Covergirl definitely exceeds Maybelline.

Zen
V.I.P.

^^^ lol...I was wondering what happened to her.....she's back, how wonderful. She always did have that fresh look about her. (On that Lucky magazine cover, I don't care much for her with dark dark hair)....

04-03-2006
backstage pass

LOL, I read the title of this thread wrong at first and thought it said "Kurt Russell". I was like "wha-?"

Anyways, Keri is one of those rare actresses that looks even better after you don't see her for a while. Some pop up after an absense and look much older and thinner... Whatever Keri was doing during her hiatus has obviously been good for her. I saw her on Conan and she was positively glowing.

— Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
14-06-2006
tailored

add Joy Bryant to the mix of cover girls...from wwd:

Quote:
Cover Girl has signed a multiyear contract with Joy Bryant, bringing the actress into a growing group of beautiful spokeswomen that includes celebrities Molly Sims, Queen Latifah and Keri Russell. The contract is estimated to be worth $1 million a year, according to industry sources. Print and TV ads featuring Bryant are scheduled for August, in which Bryant will be representing TruBlend Whipped Foundation, a new Cover Girl face product that matches 97 percent of skin tones.

The former model’s next project, “Bobby,” is a film about the assassination of Robert Kennedy.

Prior to joining Cover Girl, Bryant represented brands including Tommy Hilfiger and Victoria’s Secret, but is perhaps best known for her role playing opposite Denzel Washington in “Antwone Fisher.”

“Joy brings an energy and spark to all her projects, and her carefree personality will shine through in the Cover Girl campaigns,” said Gina Drosos, vice president and general manager of global cosmetics, Procter & Gamble Beauty. The Bronx-born beauty was discovered while she was a full-time student at Yale.

V.I.P.

I think Joy Bryant is a bit overrated

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bryant, cover, girls, joy, keri, newest, russell