How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-03-2006
tailored

Kerry Washington joins L'Oreal Paris
from fwd...

Quote:
Kerry Washington’s eyelashes were looking particularly voluminous at the Lanvin fashion presentation Sunday. That’s because the Ray star—who was announced as the new face of L’Oréal Paris on Friday—just shot the company’s new mascara ad the day before. “Penelope [Cruz] and I are doing a TV commercial together next month,” she added. Although the actress is nervous about being a beauty spokesperson, she is in good company. Past models have included Milla Jovovich, Eva Longoria, Beyoncé Knowles, and Scarlett Johansson. “As an actress, to extend yourself in that way is a little scary at first,” she admitted. “I didn’t get into this business to be a model. I really take my craft seriously. But so far everyone has been so supportive and fun and talking me through it.”
PETER DAVIS

20-03-2006
boop

OMG! This is absolutely fabulous!!! Go Kerry!! I normally hate actresses becoming cosmetics spokeswomen but for some reason it doesn't bother me so much with Loreal as they've chosen some of my absolute favorite stars to model in their ads. I'm so pleased to see that Kerry is one of them and that she is going to get more exposure from this campaign since I love her and she's incredibly beautiful. Though I would put her and Penelope in a lipgloss ad, they both have incredible lips!

I hope her ads turn out better than Scarlett Johansson's ads for H.I.P. Those were nothing short of horrific with the unflattering manner in which Scarlett, Beyonce, Cintia, Oluchi & Liliana were depicted. How can you take such pretty girls and make them look gauche?!

I look forward to seeing these ads.

21-03-2006
V.I.P.

Well, she is quite unknown, so this is definetily better than Penelope Cruz.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
joins, kerry, loreal, paris, washington