How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-04-2012
V.I.P.

Longer Version of the TV Ad

09-04-2012
Oh Yeah!

I don't think it's a longer version, more like different version no? I love the new print ad! Hoping to see more pics from the shoot.

V.I.P.

The commercial is everything, love!

V.I.P.

I miss the days when L'Oreal used to promote a more natural (but still more expensive?) approach to beauty, whoever produced the stuff with Milla, Kate and Laetitia Casta had a sharp idea of how to make appealing the idea of highlighting one's assets through makeup, instead of hiding them. Ignoring the bad makeup on both models, I don't find anything remotely aspirational about stripper bleached hair or burnt red hair and it's nothing new, if there's anything outstanding about their ads in the last years is their ability to reduce naturally pretty and skilled models (Natalia, Doutzen, Bianca, Natasha..) to either generic, vulgar types or just something completely freaky (60% of Doutzen and Natalia's ads).

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khyrk View Post
I don't think it's a longer version, more like different version no? I love the new print ad! Hoping to see more pics from the shoot.
Well is just 10 seconds longer

14-04-2012
V.I.P.

I like Natasha's hair in the ad even though it is obviously bottle blonde but yikes at the make up and facial expression.

P.S. Reading Natasha's comment in the interviews about how thrilled she is about working with L’Oréal makes me very happy for her to getting a contract with them.

16-04-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
I miss the days when L'Oreal used to promote a more natural (but still more expensive?) approach to beauty, whoever produced the stuff with Milla, Kate and Laetitia Casta had a sharp idea of how to make appealing the idea of highlighting one's assets through makeup, instead of hiding them. Ignoring the bad makeup on both models, I don't find anything remotely aspirational about stripper bleached hair or burnt red hair and it's nothing new, if there's anything outstanding about their ads in the last years is their ability to reduce naturally pretty and skilled models (Natalia, Doutzen, Bianca, Natasha..) to either generic, vulgar types or just something completely freaky (60% of Doutzen and Natalia's ads).
I was just about to write about how L`Oreal has gained some before lost appeal to me since they signed Natasha. It is actually pretty funny to notice how you actually start to get interested in their products, like they were something exciting I have loved Natasha`s work for few years now and I appreciate how hard working she has been and really earned everything she has now, but I also like many other models. But only Natasha`s new deal has made me this excited.

But to the point: Mulletproof, now that you reminded me of Milla and the co, their ads have gone very plastic and as conventionally pretty for example Doutzen is, should appeal to anyone, they just made her look so barbie doll-ish, that it is very uninteresting and very fake. I won`t judge Natasha`s work yet, as I have only seen few flashes on the vid and one shot, but she is definitely the most interesting face with L`Oreal now (and the one who actually deserved this by actual model work, I can`t address enough, how much I think of her career ).

25-04-2012
tfs star

women management blog

25-04-2012
V.I.P.

^amazing!!

25-04-2012
V.I.P.

wow those are really great

Oh Yeah!

I love the fact that they love using her and gives her so much exposure in so little a time! Can't wait for the 2 commercials. The 1st one with Bianca and Barbara and the other one with Doutzen.

Last edited by khyrk; 26-04-2012 at 02:53 AM.
26-04-2012
fashion insider

Amazing shots! Natasha is perfect choice for beauty brand.

26-04-2012
fashion elite

AMAZING perfection

26-04-2012
V.I.P.

LOVE IT. I love the big hair in the second shot. Such a Russian mafia-wife look, lol. Seriously though, L'Oreal made a perfect choice with Natasha - someone who's gorgeous and knows what she's doing in front of a camera.

fashion insider

Wow I didn't know Natasha could speak such fluent english, I really think someone voiced over her at the end saying "We're worth it"

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
deal, inks, l’oréal, natasha, paris, poly