How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-08-2006
Power to the 99%

Lanvin F/W 06.07 by Steven Meisel
So what do you guys think of the new Lanvin ad campaign? Some of the dresses are nice, but what's up with the wild 80s makeup and the big hair? Do these ads make sense to you? (At least there's no anime influence this time ... and no distortion.)

28-08-2006
V.I.P.

It's like 80's gone wrong, and there's so many more thinsg they could have done. But i respect it for what ti is. It's not the worst ad campaign.

28-08-2006
barcode

I love the clash of looks it presents. Beautiful, soft, feminine clothes paired with harsh, garish and trashy hair and makeup. I also like the Jurgen Teller/Terry Richardson style of the photos because again, it's such a contrast to the Lanvin image we all have in mind.

28-08-2006
tailored

here's the ads, for those who haven't seen them...
from lanvin.com

this is one of my favorite campaigns of the season...
from the model selection to the hair/makeup/styling, it all seems to work...
when it really shouldn't...:p

does anyone know who the photographer and stylist were?

clever ain't wise

I really like these ads. The reason it works is because of the 70s make-up and the punkish vamp attitude, and there's also a pretty interesting color scheme. And, a few of the models are able to convey that attitude really well (Amanda Moore and Malgosia in particular).

28-08-2006
barcode

^ I agree about the colors, they're quite striking, especially when looking at all of the shots together.

28-08-2006
V.I.P.

Loved the collection, but I'm kind of ehh on the ads. I'll agree and say the coloring is nice, but I just don't think it does the collection justice.

28-08-2006
V.I.P.

It reminds me of Maripolarama

trendsetter

i love them...the poses & black wall background reminded me of misshapes pictures

28-08-2006
backstage pass

I ADORE this ad!

29-08-2006
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413
^ I agree about the colors, they're quite striking, especially when looking at all of the shots together.
The colors seem perfect for the textures and as far as styling goes I'm impressed by the whole ad - as you say the combination - and also by the pic in the lower middle (I think it's Natasa V) - you don't see that reddish color very often. Is it cupper, or what would be the right English word for it? English isn't my first language...Anyway, the effect of the color and her hair color (and shine) is wonderful. With the gloves it could have become too Rita Hayworth, if it weren't for that 'tude

29-08-2006
etre soi-meme

no idea who's the photographer, but to be honest i was expecting something 'more' from Lanvin* ss06 was so much better / fresher, this is too moody now

best takes are the colour contrasting shots, (second row)
sorry but black on black puts me to sleep
beloved shot, the orange 'bateau' neckline dress..

*i find all those hands resting on the waist a bit too boring and 'expected'
as for the make up is a bit all over the place, can't see the 'concept' , but then, Lanvin still has money trouble and creative direction can always get affected by commercial aims, this campaign tries too hard to put an 'edge' to a somehow lukewarm collection

29-08-2006
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
no idea who's the photographer, but to be honest i was expecting something 'more' from Lanvin* ss06 was so much better / fresher, this is too moody now

best takes are the colour contrasting shots, (second row)
sorry but black on black puts me to sleep
beloved shot, the orange 'bateau' neckline dress..

*i find all those hands resting on the waist a bit too boring and 'expected'
as for the make up is a bit all over the place, can't see the 'concept' , but then, Lanvin still has money trouble and creative direction can always get affected by commercial aims, this campaign tries too hard to put an 'edge' to a somehow lukewarm collection
I like the middle outfits (both), although I guess it's that furry cape that I like the most on the upper image. Do you think there were some outfits that would have been better in the campaign? Of course, there are other ads out there, where they have some of the other outfits, but still.

29-08-2006
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa
The colors seem perfect for the textures and as far as styling goes I'm impressed by the whole ad - as you say the combination - and also by the pic in the lower middle (I think it's Natasa V) - you don't see that reddish color very often. Is it cupper, or what would be the right English word for it? English isn't my first language...Anyway, the effect of the color and her hair color (and shine) is wonderful. With the gloves it could have become too Rita Hayworth, if it weren't for that 'tude
I was certain that was a wig, and I thought it made her look like a drag queen Additionally, her stomach looks gargantuan because of the shape of the dress, though I'm sure it's not IRL

The only one I like is the upper left, is that Stella?

I wasn't that fond of this collection, but I am less fond of this campaign ...

29-08-2006
front row

i love the juxtaposition of the pretty, pretty dresses with the vulgar/crazy makeup. keeps an edge to the whole look.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0607, f or w, lanvin, meisel, steven