Louis Vuitton F/W 07.08 : Scarlett Johansson by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns

15-03-2007
little soul

I think the collection really does not suit the image Scarlett portrays. That's why they need a model, for more versatility in how they choose to show the clothes...It's really a disappointment, although I can't say I'm surprised unfortunately.

V.I.P.

Well, the collection was based on Vermeer paintings as I read on style.com, and Marc Jacobs mentioned 'The Girl with the monogram handbag', so I guess I can see why he picked Scarlett again, but wouldn't it be great if he casted a bunch of Dutch girls for the campaign? Seeing Lara, Bette, Kim, Iekeliene and Doutzen together would be a dream come true...

16-03-2007
backstage pass

Personally when I first saw the Louis Vuitton S/S 07 Ads I was disappointed. I find Scarlet dull and does nothing for the ads. So in terms of her doing the F/W 07 ads it's just a bigger disappointment. It's pathetic that models are being put aside when it comes to ad campaigns because of celebrities. As if modeling isn't a hard industry, you now compete with actresses. I say put models in ads, because they atleast know what they are doing in front of the cameras.

16-03-2007
V.I.P.

The Spring/Summer ads were absolutely EVERYWHERE this season in magazines! I am so sick of them! Everytime I see that horrible light pink, I just cringe.

I really hate how Louis Vuitton feels like that celebrity is the only way to market the label because models, in my opinion, could bring more reality and appeal to the ads.

Scarlett is just NOT the epitome of a Louis Vuitton woman - in fact - I feel that Chloe Sevigny would have been better.

I mean does Scarlett even WEAR the clothes!

16-03-2007
Secretly falling apart.

Location: Reading endless amounts of fashion magazines while watching The OC.
^ I agree. Although I quite liked the style and colouring of the S/S campaign, but could think of about a million models who wouldve suited it so much better, made it really beautiful. Scarlett really ruined it for me.
I think shes a wonderful actress, but not right at all for this. Very dissappointing for me.

Obsessed

i would prefer if any model gets this campaign instead of celebity

19-03-2007
trendsetter

I prefer celebrities a lot of the time actually (even if I don't like the celebrity), because they don't look like emaciated clothes hangers as consistently as models do.

V.I.P.

Nooo! Don't use the SAME celebrity twice! I need something new and different!

19-03-2007
V.I.P.

NOOOOOO! The last thing we need is more celebs in adverts, celebs have ZERO place in fashion advertisements. Leave it to the models (Iekeliene would have kicked serious butt).

Although I agree with kimair about Coco for Balenciaga...

20-03-2007
windowshopping

I don't like Scarlett for SS but I think she's perfect for FW because of Vermeer's inspiration.

Anyway, the campaign will be focused in bags as always....

24-05-2007

Vuitton F/W 07 : Scarlett Johansson by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
(wwd.com)
Quote:
Memo Pad: Scarlett Mark Two...

Published: Thursday, May 24, 2007
SCARLETT MARK TWO: For her sequel as the face of another Louis Vuitton campaign, Scarlett Johansson played a role with which she's extremely familiar: movie star. Evoking at turns Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly, Johansson displays voluptuous glamour in the color-drenched fall spots, slated to break in August fashion magazines.

"In this one, she's much more recognizable," said Antoine Arnault, Vuitton's communications director, who allowed that the actress is not always immediately identifiable in the current spring ads in her role as the French-coquette-on-a-swing.

Nevertheless, Arnault dubbed the current campaign a success. He noted that Vuitton creative director Marc Jacobs "adores" Johansson and based his fall-winter collection for the house around her character in "Girl With a Pearl Earring," the 2003 feature film about a peasant girl who becomes the model for 17th-century Dutch artist Johannes Vermeer's most famous work.

The fall campaign, lensed by Vuitton regulars Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, plays up the painterly colors of the ready-to-wear. "It's probably one of the most beautiful campaigns Mert and Marcus have ever shot," Arnault said. "It's a very iconic campaign."

Arnault, son of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton chairman Bernard Arnault and a member of LVMH's board, said Johansson was at ease during the shoot, held in a studio in her hometown of Los Angeles in late March. In fact, during a lunch break, the photographers were so struck by the combination of light and Johansson that they snapped some impromptu black-and-white portraits that will be featured in a future issue of Pop magazine.

Jacobs, who had been undergoing rehabilitation treatment in Arizona, was not present at the shoot, but had given the impetus and direction for the campaign, in sync with a collection based on a rich, earthy palette and feminine glamour, Arnault noted.

Each image highlights Vuitton's leather goods — entry-priced totes one month, degradé or shearling monogram handbags the next — with Johansson reclining against a simple backdrop of curtains and divans.

Arnault declined to pinpoint budgets, but said investments would be higher for the crucial fall-winter selling season. Analysts have estimated Vuitton spends more than $250 million annually on advertising, most of it print-driven.

fan of outdoor advertising, Arnault said he would seek out premium, large-scale spaces. Vuitton also is keen to ramp up its online advertising presence, although Arnault lamented a lack of quality luxury portals. — Miles Socha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 052407_68.jpg (29.8 KB, 1119 views)
File Type: jpg 052407_69.jpg (21.5 KB, 1145 views)

Oh, there seems to be thread already
Could somebody report this?

Old thread: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...lett+johansson

Her new ads:
(wwd.com)

backstage pass

the colors are nice. and i do prefer these much more over the spring ads.

24-05-2007
V.I.P.

OMG
I won't lie-I love them! Scarlett looks amazing, way better than her SS 07 ads!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0708, alas, f or w, johansson, louis, marcus, mert, piggott, scarlett, vuitton