How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-06-2009
V.I.P.

blablabla .................................................. ........

this is bad ... beyond bad ! beyond crap ! the collection was crap anyway ! LVMH needs to stop making people fool ! MJ is s*** !
FULL STOP !

25-06-2009
barcode

Let's all just agree to disagree here before the thread veers completely off topic folks. Keep the opinions on the ads coming!

25-06-2009
scenester

I like this...

25-06-2009
███████████████

LVHM pay 180 dolrs fpor this, this is sooo fke, ayful photoshop the colors ads very stupi i hate Mert Alas + marcus pigott please back !!!

25-06-2009
tfs star

Guys I am not saying I don't like the pic: I actually really do. Especially after last season's mess.

She is really photoshopped but we all know and accept this fact of reality anyways. It is silly to claim that she has 'flawless porcelain' skin or whatever, because she doesn't. She is some 50 year old woman. That said, this photo isn't bad. It is very commercial, it is very spoon-fed, but it is still edgy enough to display the LV goods in a style that is compatible with the brand and how of-the-moment Marc tries to make LV to be. And I love to see this beautiful alien creature barely resembling an iconic woman we all like, looking dazed and confused.

We'll see the rest of the ads. I guess the bags will be the true stars of this campaign, since this is LV and they need to sell many of those to make the big bucks under these economic climate. On the other hand, I never thought Vadge is a good pick for LV to begin with. It has nothing to do with the age, her private life or celeb status, or anything of that nature. LV models have mostly been older women with the certain exceptions like Scarlett. Even their 'model' model choices have been older women like Eva, Naomi, Claudia, and Stephanie.

But Vadge is just... not compatible to me.

25-06-2009
army of lovers

Not great but will wait for more.

Last edited by Jacque Marcel; 25-06-2009 at 07:24 PM.
25-06-2009
backstage pass

Messy Messy Ugly Ugly

25-06-2009
backstage pass

Was expecting worse, so IMO this isn't disastrously bad, but Madonna's pose is just really unfortunate. To echo some member's comments, she looks like a life size doll stiffly propped up on a chair.

But at least they succeeded in making the collection look more fall/winter-ish, and the bunny ears don't look half as bad as they did at the MET Gala.

backstage pass

Here's a pic without the Mr. Breathless watermark:

from my inbox

V.I.P.

i think i like it. well, not that really, really like. i don't know why i like it. well, can't wait to see the rest.

V.I.P.

Its just painfully bad, there is NOTHING here that i could like. She looks incredibly stiff and wooden to the point of looking as if they placed her in that chair. But unlike some others i will direct my venom to Meisel, sorry Steven but what kind of fuc**ry is this? You are paid to freaking much to deliver something as bad as this!

25-06-2009
tfs star

She looks high: like on acid or something. And the colors.... kind of psychedelic!

25-06-2009
V.I.P.

To me, this is a perfect manifesation of how Vuitton can be kitsch. Furthermore, Madonna and Louis Vuitton as a pairing is completely insufferable. Why should we have to suffer because Marc Jacobs thought it would be "a good idea" to use her?

Besides, I haven't been excited about a Louis Vuitton campaign since Fall 2006 (Kate, Naomi, Daria). That was the perfect Vuitton campaign, no?

Its a shame Louis Vuitton, with all their money and power, still have to rely on celebrity to sell their products.

25-06-2009
backstage pass

I think it s really pretty... photoshopped to death... it reminds me of a fairytale...

25-06-2009
trendsetter

This is disgusting, why not just get a mannequin?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, f or w, louis, madonna, meisel, steven, vuitton