How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

This is the worst campaign casting I have ever seen. I like Daphne and Anais, but they're ruining this sexy collection. Why didn't they pick Aymeline Valade, Carola Remer if they wanted fresh faces? Those 2 would have been perfect but oh well

Last edited by cologne_rocks; 19-05-2011 at 08:37 AM.

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
they look like children in their mother's clothes...I only think Zuzanna suits this
My feelings exactly. This campaign is quite awful.

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

Lovely, so elegant. Daphne looks stunning.

V.I.P.

i say ditch Meisel and go back to M&M.

19-05-2011
Looking Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmLordZen View Post
and, still.. the age argument continues. in this case, i can't see how it's an issue. the collection was a wishy washy hodgepodge of sadomasochistic clothes at best.. A-line skirts and peter pan collars don't seem to fit exclusively for adult women either. i think the girls totally rock the look in the ad previews. ultimately, it's the same watered down ad campaign version of what marc did to his 'sadomasochistic themed' collection. which is why i love it. haha.
You're looking too much into it. Teenagers don't have the confidence or the sex appeal to pull off any part of this collections. Women do. It's really quite simple. I am not attracted to these girls one bit, they're just kids.

This collection needed someone REALLY kinky. Like streetalicious said, Angelina would have been perfect. Or can you imagine Naomi Campbell in this campaign? She would SLAUGHTER these children. She would shred the campaign to pieces and rock out loud.

19-05-2011
she's got the look

The last shot is my favorite one. Poor Anais, she looks so bad

backstage pass

I'm not going to knock it although I loathe it...The set design and dogs overpower the Models.......Daphne does look good I must admit but thats about all.. the rest of the girls(who i cant name) just look like their not owning it.
Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Carmen Kass, would've set the stage on fire with their Sex appeal and their grown woman swagger! Its like Marc had good intentions but when he saw the results he should've did a Versace and canned the whole thing and phoned up his Iconic girlfriends(Naomi & Kate) and had them come in and save thwe day by showing the youngsters how to deliver a ROCKSOCKING Campaign!

V.I.P.

you guys are saying they look young,because you know they are young.i mean c'mon they dont really look young no one that doesnt knows them will think they are the age they are. No one will stop and said "OMG they are too young!" IMO i dont think it matter to anyone(buyers).to me they dont look like childs,they look ,they all look like woman in their 20's.and like a said before i dont even know those models.

now doing a campaign with a lot of sex-appeal would've been soooo expected,so i really like this!
besides they are not selling sex,they are selling clothes!!!

Last edited by alonsoJonathan; 19-05-2011 at 09:17 AM.
19-05-2011
V.I.P.

It's ok I guess. I would have prefered Kate & Naomi though.

19-05-2011
trendsetter

FW Ad = Bad Castings + Good Result

SS Ad = Horrendous Result + Great Casting

19-05-2011
front row

Oh I love this it looks really luxurious

19-05-2011
fashion insider

LVE this
AHH! nyahasha was cast? & fei fei? how amazing.

im so happy.

Last edited by jeremydante; 19-05-2011 at 11:10 AM.
19-05-2011
███████████████

LV Need change the photographer

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

I love this...I'm so happy they went with a fresh face cast and I was ecstatic to hear that both Fei Fei and Nyasha would be cast in this campaign; the first time that an Asian and Black model have been cast in an LV campaign since F/W 2006 (let alone a Meisel campaign). And people would rather have a white-washed cast of supers? So pressed.

Although this collection was high on the S&M factor, I feel like they hit the nail on the head by doing this whole bourgeois, late 1940s meets 2000s debutante look, at least the girls don't look out of their depth.

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

It could've been such an amazing campaign but this is just sad. So boring and the makeup is so distracting. Worst thing for me is Anais expression... Always the same and looking like she was going to fall asleep any second.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, f or w, louis, meisel, steven, vuitton