Louis Vuitton x Jeff Koons Handbags 2017 : Alicia Vikander by Mert & Marcus - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot
How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
front row
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
^I would say Céline is the most genuine brand at LVMH. Dior and LV... or Givenchy. I just can't with them.
Yeah I forgot about Celine and I would say Loewe also, but I also think Phobe and J.W. have more freedom because they are not billion dollar businesses.

fashion icon
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
I actually think if there's a brand that I would expect to do this sort of cheap things... it would be Vuitton.
It's almost sad to admit but it's true. I mean, LV is LVMH's cash cow. The fact that this collaboration was initiated by Delphine Arnault and Michael Burke says everything. For me, it says a lot that the creative director of the house has nothing to do with such an important "creative" project.
Nicolas is also known for his interest in art. Balenciaga's stores were designed by Dominique Gonzalez-Foerster for god's sake. It's a pity that he didn't have the occasion to do something with an artist yet.

Dior also comes as "cheap" for me. What i hate about fashion houses is when the executive part is that present as it is in those two brands.

I've always loved Fendi for that. It's LVMH but it's almost still run like a family business. Their shows don't even look like a billion dollar-brand show.

There's something very organic about most of LVMH's brands that i don't find in Vuitton or Dior. It's not even a question of size...
Chanel is like Dior and Vuitton but it's always very organic and genuine even when it's OTT.

To be honest, everything about this Koons thing is already dated. The choice itself of Koons is weird.
In the past, i wasn't a big fan of Vuitton bags and Nicolas changed that to be honest. But this collection just reminds me everything that i hate about Vuitton.

New Campaign Image:

backstage pass
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
It's a truly ugly backpack, I'm sorry. Patrick Demarchelier shot some LV ambassadors at the event, and they stuck Michelle Williams next to this backpack. Much like the one you seem to like, but in blue and white - even worse. I would say rather get a Chanel backpack (if they're even still available), instead of LV
IDK why I liked, I would not wear it for sure, I have no courage Actually what I really liked was the bag version, so I think thats why.
And yes, I would rather a Chanel backpack too. SS15 (I think) had one that I liked, but it's probably not available anymore...

Vogue Australia May 2017 Digital Edition

fashion icon
What a waste of leather, money, and resources. Why would these be considered "Art"? It's a painting printed on leather with letters glued on. They could have done something really special with the paintings like embossing, embroidery, or even embellishment! Instead they hired an "artist" and produced a collection of souvenir bags that look extremely cheap. They will surely flop and with good reason!

Naomi Campbell / Lineisy Montero / Rianne Von Rompaey / Mica Arganaraz / Vittoria Ceretti
I still can't believe this is even real. It's such a disgrace to art and I feel sorry for Alicia having to be a part of this.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

2017, alicia, bags, handbags, jeff, koons, louis, marcus, mert, vikander, vuitton