Marc Jacobs F/W 2017.18 by David Hughes - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-07-2017
backstage pass

oh you guys are right, its Natalie Westling for sure then. Alice didn't even walk the last show

24-07-2017
fashion insider

I hope Hanne-Gaby is also part of this campaign. This looks promising. Slick Woods tho

24-07-2017
fashion elite

I would like to understand the hate towards Slick Woods... If someone can explain it to me.

24-07-2017
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
I would like to understand the hate towards Slick Woods... If someone can explain it to me.
I have different personal reasons to explain why I don't like Slick and her work as a model: first of all, I don't like her look and don't find it fitting for being a model; secondly, she has the kind of attitude I can't stand but my problem is that she transmits it through her work. I'll try to explain this better as it is probably the main reason: a model should be able to make what she wears look attractive, which means trying to wear the clothes in the best way and changing according to the kind of designer; for me, Slick is not able to do it and she always looks like someone playing dress up.
But I want to say that I don't hate her (how can I do it if I don't even know her), it's her modelling that I can't help but don't like at all.
Sorry for the off topic comment.

By the way I think it is Natalie too. Any clue on the photographer?

24-07-2017
front row

Quote:
Oh I think it's quite obvious.

I love Slick, and this looks promising.
I think she's a perfect fit for Marc Jacobs.

Last edited by vogue28; 24-07-2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Merging Posts.

24-07-2017
trendsetter

I think Slick's success is due to Louie C being a really good agent who is leveraging all his contacts and friendships in the biz to get her booked. Whether that'll be enough to sustain her success remains to be seen. Remember when Willow Hand looked like to be the next big thing?

24-07-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
It's not hate but she's just someone with a personality that I wouldn't want to be around. Too obnoxious, in-your-face, attention-seeking and something I won't say. Just check her Instagram.
I must say though, I don't mind seeing her in a Moschino campaign cause she fits the tacky collections and for Marc Jacobs because they (Katie especially) supported her from the beginning. But no more than that please.

It looks promising but i'll wait with my judgement until I see other models.

24-07-2017
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
It's not hate but she's just someone with a personality that I wouldn't want to be around. Too obnoxious, in-your-face, attention-seeking and something I won't say. Just check her Instagram.
I must say though, I don't mind seeing her in a Moschino campaign cause she fits the tacky collections and for Marc Jacobs because they (Katie especially) supported her from the beginning. But no more than that please.
To be honest, i only noticed her recently when she walked the Fendi show. I remember loving her attitude...
I wasn't really aware of Grand supporting her (i don't pay that much attention to be honest).

After seeing her instagram i kinda get why people don't love her here. Yes, she is a bit too obvious but i feel like a lot of models and people on social media are like that today.

If she does great modelling, that's all that matter to me.

24-07-2017
backstage pass

I'm not a fan of Slick Woods at all but this looks far more promising than last seasons snooze fest; Ill wait for other shots and (hopefully) other models.

27-07-2017
front row

The cast is: Slick Woods, Kiki, Cara Taylor, Alek Wek, and Natalie Westling.

Shot by David Hughes.

cr: instagram.com/p/BXDh6w7BL_Z/

28-07-2017
fashion insider

This looks good! And I think Slick fits the Marc Jacobs brand very well, so can totally see why she was picked.

28-07-2017
V.I.P.

Good cast! Not a fan of Slick Woods but the 1st picture is good. Also who is this photographer? Quite a big deal for him shooting a MJ campaign while being practically unknown in the business (at least to me!)

28-07-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtdaily View Post
Good cast! Not a fan of Slick Woods but the 1st picture is good. Also who is this photographer? Quite a big deal for him shooting a MJ campaign while being practically unknown in the business (at least to me!)
Basically, this is a Katie Grand hire. Hughes is a British photographer and I definitely recall seeing his work in old issues of Love magazine. Never got his work, it always reminded me of something I've seen before. Not sure what why they got rid of David Sims.

And as much as I like what Alasdair Mclellan is currently doing, I do hope Katie won't squeeze him in here as well.

Last edited by Benn98; 28-07-2017 at 06:52 AM.
03-08-2017
backstage pass

Photographed by David Hughes
Styled by Katie Grand
Casting by Anita Bitton
Hair by Guido Palau
Makeup by Diane Kendal
Nails by Honey
Set design by Stefan Beckman

marcjacobs.tumblr.com

03-08-2017
V.I.P.