How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-07-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair
he'd rather use celebs but model kristen mcmenamy is starring in his f/w 05 ad campaign...

And HE wanted to designing for Gucci

01-07-2005
fashion icon

To his defense the age of Supermodels is over. Naomi, Cindy, Kate, those are all household names. But if you mention Daria, Natalia, or Liya question marks go up unless you are actively tuned in with fashion. Celebrities on the other hand not only have more presence but have developed an entire culture and industry around them (as revolting as it is). They sell make up, movies, music, pepsi, and now clothes. People eat it up because of them. Even the most mediocre actress will get more recognition on the street than a current top model. I am not saying this is a good thing but I agree with Marc on his logic. However, essentially he is saying "Celebrities Will Sell More Clothes So...yeah...I have No Integrity"

01-07-2005
V.I.P.

^ well, i'm not sure if celebrities selling clothes equals no integrity -- it's a business strategy. he probably not going to go down the route of rei kawakubo and use cindy sherman for an obscure ad campaign. it's not his brand image. think about it.

01-07-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by travolta
^ well, i'm not sure if celebrities selling clothes equals no integrity -- it's a business strategy. he probably not going to go down the route of rei kawakubo and use cindy sherman for an obscure ad campaign. it's not his brand image. think about it.
That is a good point actually. He doesn't use Celebrities for his own line (in face he uses quite a bit non models). And when he does it is for LV where it actually makes sense. Good point. I take back what I said about his integrity.

01-07-2005
V.I.P.

^ he has used charlotte rampling, winona, sofia (great ad campaign btw) for his own line. in the beginning it was somewhat fresh, and a little cheeky, at least.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ads, celebs, hed, jacobs, marc, models