How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2008
The future is stupid

Marks & Spencer Limited Collection S/S 2008 : Lily Cole
Source | Daily Mail | February 1, 2008

Quote:
Can frilly Lily tempt you into Marks & Spencer

There has been a gap in the market for affordable, trend-led clothes with everyday wearability for a couple of seasons now.
Topshop used to provide this service but since its obsession with Kate Moss, and specifically after her collection for the store first appeared, the rest of the brand has suffered.

It seems that high street rival Marks & Spencer has picked up where the Arcadia Group's jewel-in-the-crown left off with its spring-summer Limited Collection range.

M&S has chosen London model Lily Cole to appear in these exclusive campaign shots that will go in the March issue of British Vogue, on sale from Monday.

The collection, including accessories, is going into stores between now and the end of next month.

The fashion industry has already caught on to the allure of the slightly younger and more fashionable Limited Collection from M&S, and chief executive Sir Stuart Rose will hope the public agrees.

02-02-2008
V.I.P.

that purple dress is very unflattering

but the others look good

02-02-2008
front row

^ agree, but maybe it's because of the size of picture..?
hope bigger scans come up soon
I don't know what to say about the collection- just too happy to see Lily, that's all haha,

Last edited by gmj425; 02-02-2008 at 02:39 AM. Reason: .
02-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinnn View Post
that purple dress is very unflattering

but the others look good
^ i agree; but the rest is okay =/

backstage pass

On a scale from 1 to 10, it's a 5 for me. Not a complete miss, but nothing great either. The purple dress is a horror on Lily.

23-02-2008
front row

Yay Lily, I actually love the first outfit on her and love the sexy hair but the rest are just blah. I've seen other ads round the city recently too and she looks great. The collection doesn't look too pomising but Lily can make it work.

don't look down

The print campaign has been in every newspaper supplement I've read recently, and I have to say, on me, it's had the opposite effect of interesting me in the actual clothing - anything Lily looks good in, hasn't a hope of looking OK on my normal dimensions, and anything she looks rubbish in, can only be ten times worse on me. Her body type is so removed from reality, and I don't look to M&S for clothing that I have to suffer to wear because I'm not thin enough, I look to it for friendly, functional basics.

Considering that the profile of M&S customers is older than the average high street store, this campaign might say nothing to them about their life (or figure) yet will it be enough to get lithe teenagers in to buy the stuff?

Just because Lily's a hot property doesn't mean she's always the right choice for the product, and I wonder how well this will do.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, cole, collection, lily, limited, marks, s or s, spencer