How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-10-2007
tailored

Maybelline signs Julia Stegner

from yahoo finance...

Quote:
Maybelline New York Worldwide announced today that Julia Stegner, the stunning German supermodel and media star, has become Maybelline's newest spokesperson. She joins Maybelline New York's prestigious roster of A-list celebrities including Christy Turlington, Erin Wasson, Adriana Lima, and Zhang Ziyi.

In true fairy tale fashion, Julia was discovered in 1999 by a modeling agency in Munich while she was still in high school. During a trip to Paris with her mother after graduation, Julia met with major fashion houses who convinced her to pursue a full time modeling career. After opening the Autumn/Winter Yves Saint Laurent show in Paris in 2003, she went on to shoot their campaign. Shortly afterwards, she shot the cover of Italian Vogue with the immensely talented Steven Meisel. Julia quickly became a sought after model, gracing, one after the other, the covers of countless prestigious magazines including Italian Vogue, French Vogue, Japanese Vogue, German Elle and I-D Magazine to name only a few. Always close to her family and friends in Munich, she maintained her home base in Germany and traveled frequently for work. During her visits to New York she grew to love the city and moved there two years into her career.

Julia is a perfect addition to Maybelline New York's amazing team of spokesmodels: incredibly fresh, beautiful and cosmopolitan, she is also very smart, well-spoken and involved. In May 2006 Julia traveled to Sierra Leone as a good-will ambassador for Unicef. Her trip was documented by German Vogue in order to help raise awareness for the cause. Julia continues to remain involved with Unicef and plans to deepen her involvement to raise money for children in need.

"We are thrilled to have Julia Stegner join our Maybelline New York family of spokespeople," says Cheryl Vitali, Senior Vice President - Marketing, Maybelline New York * GARNIER. "Julia embodies the spirited, confident energy that is Maybelline New York. We're looking forward to working with her on many campaigns for the brand."

Julia is extremely excited to be joining Maybelline New York because of her early memories of the brand as one represented by super models and which made some of the first cosmetic products she ever used. "Growing up I always used Maybelline products. My first mascara was Great Lash which was a favorite of all of my friends at the time and which I am still using today." Julia is honored to become part of the brand legacy and to be a "Maybelline girl".

When she is not traveling the world for work or charitable involvements, Julia can be spotted playing basketball, her favorite sport, on the outdoor courts in New York, or riding her bicycle in her East Village neighborhood.
Julia has also appeared in campaigns for Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss, Dolce & Gabbana and many others. She has also collaborated with the world's most renowned fashion photographers including Mario Testino, Patrick Demarchelier, Peter Lindbergh, Craig McDean, Inez and Vinoodh, Steven Klein, Mert and Marcus, and David Sims.

Julia will make her sensational television and print debut for Maybelline New York in February 2008.
i'm so excited for this...
maybelline has the best mix of models imo...

16-10-2007
front row

Congratulations to Julia!! I look forward to seeing her first ad for them .

16-10-2007
trendsetter

oh wow i look forward to that

V.I.P.

Yay for Julia!

One of the first models that I really liked.

V.I.P.

This is wonderful news, now my two favorite girls are working for Maybeline - Sarah Michelle Gellar and Julia Stegner

18-10-2007
oh! darling

Ok ok, it's not Victoria's Secret that made Julia commercial. It's this.

Sigh, well good for her. She's got a gorgeous face nonetheless. I thought this would kick Adriana out...

lay lady lay

Ohh..

V.I.P.

i'm so happy for my lovely julia
yay what a success, she's going to be rich yay

fashion icon

according to Models.com

Quote:
Julia Stegner/Women Model Management Ph. Courtesy of Women NY
At the very start of Julia’s career MDc predicted that a cosmetic contract was inevitable for this gorgeous German. Well it is official now as Maybelline has sashed Ms Stegner as a campaign face as Cyril Chapuy, General Manager of Maybelline New York/Worldwide outlined “Julia was an obvious choice for us, not only because of her striking natural beauty but also because she is so much more than just a pretty face. Julia embodies Maybelline New York’s cosmopolitan energy. She has traveled extensively and is very knowledgeable. She is by nature a very curious and involved young woman who also has a lot to say and to share. She is smart, driven, beautiful but at the same time very down to earth: she has it all!” We very much concur!

V.I.P.

Congrats, Julia! She's been around forever, she deserves it.

princely

A well deserved choice! It's good to see all thes models from years ago are still being recognized and pushed into $$$ paying work

20-10-2007
French Chic

Julia and Maybelline.......a good match IMO.

20-10-2007
V.I.P.

I know some people say her jaw and stuff and all that but she is really beautiful when you put the right make up on her plus I think she is good choice because she isn't this UNTOUCHABLE beauty but she is still beautiful , so people can relate to her and she can sell their products

20-10-2007
V.I.P.

^ Great description!
I'm so happy for her. She's been around for so long and she really deserves it.

V.I.P.

This is so big, for Julia!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
julia, maybelline, signs, stegner