How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-07-2004
V.I.P.

Michelle Branch for Estée Lauder
Interesting, I wonder if we'll see her in any ads

Quote:
Michelle Branch sings for BeautyBank

Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) subsidiary BeautyBank has named Grammy award-winning musician Michelle Branch as the “Guest Creator” for the first season of its color-cosmetics brand, Flirt!, to be launched in October.

The “Guest Creator” is a new publicity concept, which derives from the classical celebrity-endorsement model. It involves inviting personalities from the realm of pop culture to contribute to the design of a new color, cosmetic product, accessory or an entirely new collection. The contracts are signed on a half-year, seasonal basis. The “rotational” nature of the contracts is a “fresh and original approach,” BeautyBank senior vice president, general manager Jane Hudis said in a statement.

Branch has contributed to a nail-polish range, each sku named after a song on her upcoming album, a BeautyBank spokesperson tells Cosmeticnews.com. Four of these nail polishes will have color-complementing lipsticks by Michelle Branch. “The Flirt! line is for everyone 25 and up,” adds the spokesperson.

The BeautyBank spokesperson denied any link between the naming of Ashley Judd to the other BeautyBank brand, American Beauty.

BeautyBank is a subdivision of ELC, which provides branded cosmetics exclusively to US department store Kohl’s, which has recently created its own beauty department. Distribution is to over 250 Kohl’s locations

01-07-2004
fashion elite

I thought they were signing Ashley Judd. Michelle's okay, I guess.

fashion insider

Quote:
“The Flirt! line is for everyone 25 and up,” adds the spokesperson.
I wish they'd come up with more origional names for their make-up
" Flirt" is something that attracts 13 year-olds, not people 25 and up

And as for Michelle Branch...well, they should have stuck to Ashley Judd, that's all I can say

yes

they need sharon stone

01-07-2004
scenester

Is Estee Lauder trying to find a new target audience??? It's bizarre to me that they would pick Michelle Branch of all people to market their product.

01-07-2004
V.I.P.

I am a bit skeptical about the fact of Estee Lauder using Michelle... But I can't wait to see the products they'll come up with !

01-07-2004
windowshopping

she's married!!

click here for full story

01-07-2004
within an embrace

Aw, that's cute. I like her. I don't think she's the most gorgeous person in the world, but she's pretty and seems sweet and cute, and will appeal to the younger crowd, since Estee Lauder doesn't do that much. I've liked her ever since she came out. And congrats to her on her marriage, then!

01-07-2004
within an embrace

Quote:
Originally posted by Misako@Jul 1st, 2004 - 9:38 pm
Aw, that's cute. I like her. I don't think she's the most gorgeous person in the world, but she's pretty and seems sweet and cute, and will appeal to the younger crowd, since Estee Lauder doesn't do that much. I've liked her ever since she came out. And congrats to her on her marriage, then!
Michelle's husband, in case anyone's curious.

02-07-2004
scenester

OMG. He is 40 years old!. He doesn't look 40. I hope they have a good marriage.

02-07-2004
rising star

He's cute! She's not a typical rail thin celeb, which is great. I hope she's in the ads.

02-07-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Is Estee Lauder trying to find a new target audience??? It's bizarre to me that they would pick Michelle Branch of all people to market their product.
That's what I was thinking...

02-07-2004
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by ebowleg@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:30 am
Quote:
That's what I was thinking...
me too.

Why are big cosmetic brands using younger celebs?? Britney for Elizabeth Arden and now Michelle Branch....who next? Avril Lavigne ??

02-07-2004
fashion elite

Britney for Elizabeth Arden ?!?!
JESUS

rising star

You know, I think it makes sense... sort of. Estee Lauder is probably the only cosmetic company that has NO teen customer base at all. So it makes sense that they would get a teen-appealing celeb like Michelle (though wouldn't a more makeup-y celebrity like Lindsey Lohan make even more sense?) ::shrugs::

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
branch, estee, lauder, michelle