How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-12-2012
A Belated Celebration

The more pics are released the more I get to love this campaign. There's no single shot to be thrown out. From the stellar cast to the set design, to the color scheme, this is perfect Also, although I've never been a Bette fan, I gotta admit that she's the star of this campaign.

Last edited by Kanna; 20-12-2012 at 07:09 AM.

20-12-2012
fashion elite

I love this campaign and i can't be more happy for Doutzen and Adriana, they deserve this, they're very talented. I'm in love with Bette, the best in this campaign, Arizona on the other hand has only one shot and you can't even see her face, i wonder why she was casted

Last edited by LucaNatashaFan; 20-12-2012 at 07:08 AM.

20-12-2012
fashion icon

AMAZING.

20-12-2012
A Belated Celebration

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaNatashaFan View Post
I love this campaign and i can't be more happy for Doutzen and Adriana, they deserve this, they're very talented. I'm in love with Bette, the best in this campaign, Arizona on the other hand has only one shot and you can't even see her face, i wonder why she was casted
I agree. Why did they cast her when they weren't even going to show her face. That's kinda insulting. But that is what happens when you're cast for something I&V shoot, which I don't see the point of.

20-12-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
I agree. Why did they cast her when they weren't even going to show her face. That's kinda insulting. But that is what happens when you're cast for something I&V shoot, which I don't see the point of.
and mostly strange it's that Arizona is one of I&V's favourite

20-12-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
It reminds me that Chloé campaign that she was casted and theres only one photo in profile with her hair over her face.

20-12-2012
A Belated Celebration

Quote:
and mostly strange it's that Arizona is one of I&V's favourite
Even Anja was the victim of it in a Chloe ad shot by I&V

Last edited by Kanna; 20-12-2012 at 07:33 AM.
20-12-2012
fashion elite

Bette and Doutzen so amazing Adri looks bad. & I am glad you don't really see Arizona
Posted via Mobile Device

20-12-2012
V.I.P.

Some of the pictures are beautiful, but somehow I don't like it. There are a few strong images (like the one with Malgosia and Bette) but overall I don't see much of anything interesting going on/to rave about..with the exception of subdued tones, unnecessarily super-wide angle lens and a cast that is so unlikely to be seen altogether. The ladies all look beautiful, but I also think the shots need a bit more direction and I don't exactly understand what I&V were going for...not saying it all needs to be shot one particular way, but I think there should be at least something else to hold them together. I mean okay: voyeuristic shot looking at the ladies from behind outside the room, One where there's some sort of sexual fantasy a woman's mouth being covered, random straightforward accessory shot, now they're at a table..uh? it's nonsensical and kinda boring.

It doesn't have to be a story ( i like the fact that it does feel more closer to advertising with each picture being stand-alone and about itself, than editorial like most of the campaigns we're seeing these days), but come on...I don't even think the pics look that good. On top of that we've seen adverts shot just like this before..like Missoni FW 09 by Meisel...which was done way better..nothing about any of this particularly screams Miu Miu or all that different than anything else we've seen already. I don't mean to sound so critical, and yeah in the end the girls look great and so do the clothes so I guess that's what's most important, but it feels a little all over the place...and I feel like the way most of the ad campaign threads are all about the models or about interestingness based on 'diversity of cast'. Takes a little bit more to make a strong campaign to me......

Last edited by Mchunu; 20-12-2012 at 07:35 AM.
20-12-2012
V.I.P.

Oh my god, that solo shot of Adriana. I need it in HQ like now!

20-12-2012
tfs star

Love the ad!!!!!!

20-12-2012
fashion insider

Bette F. seems to be the star of the campaign, as most of the pictures are of her, also, I spy Arizona Muse

V.I.P.

I don't know how anyone could not like this. A campaign is suppose to make you want to covet the pieces, and even as a male this campaign makes me want to obtain several of these pieces well done I&V as well as this amazing cast. I am loving Doutzen and Adriana the most. I wish Malgosia was in more.

20-12-2012
V.I.P.

Beautiful.This is so ethereally enacted, like a dollhouse. It's enticing.

20-12-2012
V.I.P.

Best I&V ad campaign in years Loved the cast as well!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, inez, lamsweerde, matadin, miu, s or s, van, vinoodh