How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-06-2013
trendsetter

I'm getting really tired of seeing her everywhere and have to say she is the last model I'd call a Mulberry woman. But I guess she can sell anything to people who think she's the big thing of nowadays fashion, so commercial-wise they've done a great job hiring her. Sadly.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

24-06-2013
V.I.P.

Mr. Walker never fails, never. This looks really good, my only complaint is Cara's expression, she looks nervous as if she was scared about falling from that tree.

fashion elite

This is not a great shot, I see Mulberry element in it. But this picture is a big missed.

25-06-2013
Mr. Magic

Quote:
BIRD BY BIRD: Move over Red Riding Hood, Snow White, and Gretel. There’s a new girl in the big bad woods and her name is Cara Delevingne. The young British model features in Mulberry’s fall ad campaign, which was inspired by the English countryside — and the darkness that lurks there. The campaign, shot by Tim Walker and art directed by Ronnie Cooke Newhouse, will break in the August issues of British Vogue and Condé Nast Traveler. It was shot on location at the 18th century Shotover House in Oxfordshire, and set designer Shona Heath created a wild and Brothers Grimm-esque indoor woodland.

Mulberry’s creative director Emma Hill, who is due to leave the fashion house in the near future, said she wanted the images to have a certain edge: “Cozy, familiar, rural scenes but with a dark, mysterious and seductive veil. Traditional fables, botanical prints and the earthiness of the countryside by night all played their part, and this sense of dark beauty was beautifully captured by Tim and Ronnie for the campaign.” Cooke Newhouse, art director of the creative agency House and Holme, called the campaign: “An imaginative tableau… Served up very English, very beautiful, and very, very cool.”
wwd.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW F/W 14.15

25-06-2013
fashion insider

I really like the owls!

25-06-2013
backstage pass

I actually really love this!

No One Does It Like You.

the willow bag shot is to die for. brilliant campaign!

MON
V.I.P.

I would've loved this if it weren't for the bag. The bag stands out and it's too still that it looks like it was attached to the photo.

V.I.P.

Wow Cara actually looks great here. Like Karlie I think she's at her best when she isn't doing over-the-top "fierce" poses. She's stunning in print with soft, natural posing.

I'm sure this will sell like hotcakes due to her presence but regardless the sheer loveliness of this campaign would leave anyone reaching for their checkbook. Well done!

Last edited by Elfinkova; 25-06-2013 at 07:56 AM.
25-06-2013
trendsetter

EPIC campaign!!! Great ! I love it!

25-06-2013
A Belated Celebration

This is unexpectedly great, because I am neither a fan of Cara's nor have been impressed by Tim Walker for Mulberry yet, but this is going to be the first one to be my favorite. The owls are cute and Cara looks to be well-suited for this.

25-06-2013
trendsetter

The first shot looked a bit too plain and boring but my gosh the rest makes up for it!

Mulberry has beautiful campaigns time and time again and this doesn't disappoint. The all black shot and the one where she is sat down are my favourites for sure.

25-06-2013
fashion elite

I like the second & third shots in post #19, but the full body shots are awkward & staged. I always love Mulberry campaigns for their whimsical settings, so the backdrop saved this one, not the model.

25-06-2013
V.I.P.

Love this! I wish I could just live in a Tim Walker story. He has a signature style, yet his stories tend to improve through time, at least for me anyway..
There's no denying that Cara has the power to sell these beautiful bags, as Elfinkova mentioned.

26-06-2013
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i was turned off when i read that she was in it but tbh it is an awesome ad

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, cara, delevingne, f or w, mulberry, tim, walker