How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-07-2012
Mr. Magic

Quote:
On one hand there is the black&white sensuality, with pictures taken indoors that have at their core the sexy side of a collection that is feminine and elegant at the same time. On the other there are color, light and the lightness in the air, expressions of a bubbly and sophisticated line.

Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, international photography stars and authors of the most important ad campaigns in the fashion world, have wanted to tell in this way, distinguishing them and putting them together, the two souls of the Nina Ricci collection for F/W 2012-13.

The adv, shot at the Otto Kahn Mansion's Park in Oyster Bay, Long Island, is portrayed by model Kati Nescher. The artistic direction of the campaign was in the hands of Alex White and Malin Ericson.

vogue.it

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

18-07-2012
backstage pass

I don't like anything. I love collages but I'm tired of flowers and women in the same picture. That is torturing for the minds of the people since the belle epoque, and those black and white pictures have rethoric or any concept? maybe I'm silly but I only see a girl showing a bag with an unfortunate face.

V.I.P.

I don't even see how these shots could all possibly be from the same campaign. Very disappointed, expected so much more after the first shot was released. The rest is so bad, especially the last one. I don't see how this would fit the Nina Ricci aesthetic or bring out the best in that collection either, it's so dull you don't even bother focusing on the clothes at all.

ETA: I think the last one is the same as the first one with the flowers, so which version will appear as print ad? The first version obviously is a gazillion times more appealing than this one.

Last edited by Psylocke; 18-07-2012 at 01:24 AM.
18-07-2012
tfs star

It looks like a nice editorial from Vogue Paris. Hopefully when they go to print they'll have the flowers put in.

18-07-2012
fashion insider

I think the flowers were an attempt to cover up the identity of the model (although it failed miserably lol) but it's still a nice campaign.

V.I.P.

i was wondering about the flowers already, cause it covers up the merchandise. i mean, whats the idea of an ad campaign that doesn't show the merch?

18-07-2012
V.I.P.

The shot of a manic-looking Kati running through the park is bizarre Looks very out of place among the rest of the photos.

I am in love with the shot where she's clutching the bag, flowers or no flowers, but that's pretty much it. Such a shame since the first image was beautiful. I hope they found a way to include the flowers and still show off the clothes.

19-07-2012
backstage pass

Looking forward to seeing more from this campaign. I miss the old regular stream of work from Alex White.

26-07-2012
windowshopping

The best Fall campaign so far for me. Just stunning.

French Chic

(my own scan)

French Chic

(my own scans)

V.I.P.

these last two are so beautiful! i like how they have lots of different images this time

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossiping View Post
these last two are so beautiful! i like how they have lots of different images this time
agreed..and I really like this campaign
thank you for the great scans Northern Star!

I don't know

Half of this campaign is absolutely fantastic! The shots of her on the grass are absolutely stunning, especially the one of her in the purple dress.

The studio shots are pretty unnecessary though. They're not bad and I get the idea but the execution is kind of bad. I don't think they compliment the other set well, instead it just looks like a completely different campaign.

It's like they wanted to have the cake and eat it too.

05-09-2012
rising star

Nina Ricci Menswear F/W 2012
Models: Douglas Neitzke, Greg Nawrat

advertising.co.kr

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, f or w, inez, kati, nescher, nina, ricci, vinoodh