How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-09-2014
front row

Official : Karlie Kloss is the New Face of L'Oréal Paris

Last edited by karliego; 20-09-2014 at 08:09 AM.

20-09-2014
V.I.P.

Wow after all this time working she still manage to get better and better jobs. She really is ahead of the game!

backstage pass

Strange choise
*She´s not exactly attractive for the average person
*She´s indeed a fashion icon just like Lara Stone but not a beauty icon & she will never be
*She won't sell

Last edited by DutchHomme; 20-09-2014 at 08:28 AM.
20-09-2014
fashion elite

Good for her but she's not a face that is commercially pretty, maybe under the right angle.

At this point LOreal uses so many models it's just meh.... Nothing to get really excited about

20-09-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchHomme View Post
Strange choise
*She´s not exactly attractive for the average person
*She´s indeed a fashion icon just like Lara Stone but not a beauty icon & she will never be
*She won't sell
I agree about your first two points but I think that at this point L´Oreal sells by name alone.
Do we know what she will sell? not necessarily is makeup, could be hair products... she has lovely hair

20-09-2014
tfs star

With the way her career is going, it was only a matter of time. Congrats to her, I hope she earns a lot and she sells well. Also I think she will sell well because by now a lot of people know her (who don't necessarily follow fashion), she is becoming more and more famous.

front row

"Karlie Kloss won't sell" more like you won't be buying it but people will rush to the stores

20-09-2014
rising star

All these years trying.... She finally got THAT contract...

20-09-2014
backstage pass

So happy for Karlie. Finally this is happening. I think she sells to a lot of people especially if they want to appeal to a bit younger customers. And i'm sure being bestie with Taylor Swift made this choice very easily too.

20-09-2014
tfs star

Very proud of Karlie! She works really hard!

For the haters who say 'she won't sell' that is a rather stupid and wrong sentence. She is very famous in the U.S. also all the american girls who want to model look up to her.

In my mind she's already the next generation of the american supermodel, she's the successor to Linda, Christy, Cindy and Stephanie.

backstage pass

I'm not a hater at all. Just being realistic
I just don't see her selling beauty products. But who knows ... time will tell.

The same goes for (former) Loreal models like Linda Evangalista, Lara Stone .. Huge in fashion but not commercial enough for the average person. Linda is gone & Lara Stone is not doing well.

Last edited by DutchHomme; 20-09-2014 at 04:47 PM.
20-09-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
I'm not a hater at all. Just being realistic
I just don't see her selling beauty products. But who knows ... time will tell.

The same goes for (former) Loreal models like Linda Evangalista, Lara Stone .. Huge in fashion but not commercial enough for the average person. Linda is gone & Lara Stone is not doing well.
But you are. Taste is subjective, but a hater is a hater. How do do you know they aren't doing well? Care to provide sources that back up your claim? L'Oreal, if anything, is doing well and I'm glad they chose a model like Karlie. She's relevant, gorgeous to the average consumer, and can actually model quite well. Aren't you always bashing her in every thread?

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
But you are. Taste is subjective, but a hater is a hater. How do do you know they aren't doing well? Care to provide sources that back up your claim? L'Oreal, if anything, is doing well and I'm glad they chose a model like Karlie. She's relevant, gorgeous to the average consumer, and can actually model quite well. Aren't you always bashing her in every thread?
You must be joking right?

20-09-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
You must be joking right?
No, there's actually someone on here (or maybe they're finally gone?) that would constantly bash her whenever they got the chance, which was very unsettling.

backstage pass

I"m so happy for Karlie and I'm glad that Loreal uses models instead of actresses. Karlie is so deserving of this opportunity and she's definitely put in the work. Its brands like Loreal that allow the new generation to become the Cindy's Christy's of today.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
face, karlie, kloss, loreal, official, paris