How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-06-2005
Hoppity Hop

That's the sort of the look she had in Blow (great flick with Johnny Depp) except with better clothes.

29-06-2005
███████████████

Who know ho is the photographer??

01-07-2005
backstage pass

haha, I thought it's just candid, not shoot, lol. JUSt wonder how much she got for this tacky ad.

01-07-2005
trendsetter

Courtesy of The Daily

Penelope, P. Diddy, Peter Lindbergh & Paparazzi
Yesterday was a crazy day in New York

NEW YORK: Wednesday, June 29, 2005

After starring in several seasons of Ralph Laurenís fragrance and fashion campaigns, Penelope Cruz is reprising her spokeswoman role by posing for Sean ďP. DiddyĒ Combsí new Sean by Sean Combs womenís line. But while the Ralph ads were photographed in a calm, idyllic island-type setting, the surroundings for her new campaign were anything but. Photographer Peter Lindbergh shot Cruz on a closed set Monday, but yesterday the group took its shooting to the streets. Thatís when chaos ensued.

Cruz and Combs, along with a crew of about 30, began their three-part day shooting at Cipriani Downtown in the upstairs private room. After a brief lunch at Cipriani, where the two sat inside, far from the prying eyes of paparazzi, Cruz continued the shoot, wearing a white hooded sweatshirt, gray sweatpants, and salmon-colored boots. The group headed over to Broome Street, where she and Combs were photographed walking down the street with a pit bull terrier. An additional image of Cruz wearing black leather sitting on a motorcycle, with Combs in an overcoat and jeans, pretending to teach her how to ride the bike, was also shot.

From there, the group traveled in a black BMW with limo tints to 65th and Fifth, where they were surrounded by waiting paparazzi. The car circled for some time, trying to lose the shutterbugs, to no avail. Cruz, having changed into a cropped denim jacket, white blouse, skinny black tie, and black wide-legged trousers, emerged with Combs, wearing a white overcoat and jeans. Rather than fend off the prying photographers, the group incorporated them into the ad campaign, which was originally conceived to mimic a paparazzi scenario. Ironically, someone from Combsí camp sent out a release via the news wires yesterday, announcing the coupleís encounter with the paparazzi. ďIn a case of life imitating art, the couple attracted the attention of many Ďrealí paparazzi, along with hordes of fans and autograph seekers,Ē the release read. When shooting wrapped there, Cruz and Combs headed up to Harlem, where they completed the last leg of the campaign at a location on 121st Street.

Cruzís beau, Matthew McConaughey, is also said to have stopped by momentarily to say hello.
JIM SHI

Photos by Getty Image

01-07-2005
trendsetter

I'm just scared that this thread becomes the same as that other longass thread when someone posted pictures from his collection.

01-07-2005
fashion elite

I love the choice of Penelope...so unexpected yet great choice!

trendsetter

i agree modelmom, excellent move on sean's @ penelope cruz. i don't see why she wouldn't be able to sell to the consumer he's aiming for. the man has a plan, now i'd love to see how it's completely executed.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oria
i agree modelmom, excellent move on sean's @ penelope cruz. i don't see why she wouldn't be able to sell to the consumer he's aiming for. the man has a plan, now i'd love to see how it's completely executed.
I totally agree, I am a Diddy fan- as an artist and a business man... he knows what he is doing and I admire him for it...

backstage pass

not my cup of tea so far, but where can we see the rest? does anyone know?

01-07-2005
V.I.P.

Penelope looks like Gina Gershon in the second picture to me.

01-07-2005
tailored

i haven't seen any other pics from the shoot...

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elli
I'm just scared that this thread becomes the same as that other longass thread when someone posted pictures from his collection.
Fear not love- be brave . What do you think of his choice - Penelope?

02-07-2005
V.I.P.

i actually like it, but i'm probably biased because i like her.....

02-07-2005
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

she is very beautiful despite the white hot pants. i ll have to first wait for the finished product to make any serious comments

Lea
fashion insider

wireimage.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cruz, john, penelope, sean