How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2009
The future is stupid

source | scanned by MMA from Town & Country September 2009

15-08-2009
tfs star

What a remarkable campaign!

So superior in every way, to my taste. I love how the girls look like serene sirens of the modern times; also almost like gemstones like ruby, citrine, topaz and amethyste personified. Like sirens of the Nordic seas, treacherous beauties seducing the sailors and the night through the moonlight.

I love the way the clothes are displayed here, and those savage impression on the faces. The colors, the encre noire sea, the darkness set in... The glimpses of the moonlight reflected from the alabaster marble skins of these mythic creatures... Everything is supremely magical, and so fashion-forward. I particularly love the Duchess of Devonshire hair. (of course here, in its 'Prada-ified' version) The Prada team has been truly brave in their creative ventures. I love this campaign as much as I loved last season's. These latest two are the only ones that excited me this much since the untouchable days of Ms. Werbowy.

The only shot I am not crazy about is the one with 3 of them wearing those gorgeous fisherman boots, but only one wearing the gladiator peacock pumps... if it were up to me, I would make her wear the boots as well to create continuity. I am a perfectionist like that, but it is a small defect, and I'll let it slide.

A stunning and season-defining collection, and a campaign worthy to its power. Mrs. Prada; you and your ruby-colored collection are both fantastic.

04-09-2009
tfs star

HQ's

Scanned by me

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, anna, f or w, julia, katlin, kendra, meisel, prada, steven, ymre