How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
^^ well, creative director isn't exactly the same as photographer/director..
I certainly hope I wasn't implying this. It's just to point out that the simplistic thought of any photographer being the single creative force behind a campaign (print or video) is wrong.
I do not doubt Meisel being a brilliant photographer but judging all his work as if it came straight out of only his creative mind is far from how things happen in reality.
When it comes to discussing campaigns here on TFS, and not only in Meisels case, the photographers and models are getting way too much credit, while other thriving creative forces are mostly ignored.

13-08-2012
fashion insider

^ i didn't say that a creative director deserves less credit or is less important than the photographer if that's what you thought i was implying (not sure what you meant really), i just said that bc it was posted before that David James was the film-maker and you clarified that he is actually the creative director..

and i agree with you about the rest although i don't think it's only a tFS thing.. creative directors, graphic designers, art directors, etc. aren't usually credited or featured in magazines or other websites and that's why we don't even know them

13-08-2012
tfs star

As usual the one thing that deducts from the campaign is the styling and clothing selection. The random stock-clothes they always feature couldn't be any more boring and basic. They always leave out some of the best pieces while re-using others in 3-4 different shots. The gorgeous black suits at the beginning of the show were left out as well as some of the other colorful pieces. And the loafer heels featured here are complete duplicates of the Miu Miu show shoes.

Prada needs to switch to an edgier Photographer like M&M or even Sims would be a better alternative. I don't feel the passion in the still images. We were spoiled with the S/S09 campaign and since then nothing has even come close to being that Beautiful and Effective. Their set's are over produced and too fake looking especially F/W09's campaign. It baffles me how one of the most forward thinking houses can end up creating the dullest campaigns, it saddens me actually.

13-08-2012
fashion elite

^In a way I agree with you about the last sentence but I dont beleive it is the photographers fault.
Even through Meisel is not in his golden days he still produces very dynamic campaigns for houses like Lanvin and Balenciaga (even through a lot of people disagree).
But my point is that I think what is lacking in Prada campaigns is concepts. Like why is every single campaign shot in studio? I dont get it! Meisel gets out of studio for Lanvin and LV/Balenciaga (sometimes) and for Prada never!
So I dont think its only the photographers fault but the whole team that cant think outside the box.
I really like Prada ads sometimes but they are never memorable!

14-08-2012
V.I.P.

The video was directed by Steven Meisel himself and David James was just the CD. (from someone at Art + Commerce)
I hope its clear enough.

███████████████

Mi cousin is the assistent of David James from the last 3 years and David James is the director of the videos of Prada, models.com always put Steven Meisel but no are the true.

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

magazinesdownload.com (Vogue UK October 2012)

tfs star

Eyewear:

pdfgiant

11-11-2012
backstage pass

HQs

hudie

01-01-2013
backstage pass

HQ

hudie

29-12-2013