How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-12-2008
V.I.P.

There was so much potential for a really great campaign, but with this first shot you can tell it's all going to be downhill from there...

18-12-2008
V.I.P.

I like that Prada is taking a different approach. At this point, she knows her clothes will sell regardless of who appears in the ad campaigns - therefore she is free to explore alternative means of creative expression.

That being said, the first shot doesn't really 'show' any of the collection. It's a beautiful portrait shot and all but as a advertisement its a little superfluous, no?

18-12-2008
trendsetter

It seems to me that Miuccia has stopped doing the hideous double-collar thing. Thank God...

front row

boring , and he can't get two people in focus?

18-12-2008
army of lovers

Hedi sure loves them young english boys...

18-12-2008
Fat Karl

^^He sure does...

It was cool once, but it's time to move on, Hedi...pretty soon people are going to really get sick (many are already) of your obsession with lanky, teenage boys. Evolve, stat! I wish he would just start his own womens collection and leave these kids in school.

V.I.P.

^yes london after berlin and paris ...
maybe next is going to be nyc ...

the boy was shot for D&C cover too ...

anyway ... i don't care about hedi shooting for prada ... he's clearly making a statement as him being a photographer now ... so i think dior homme is way behind him ...

and dior homme comments is actually what "annoys" me the most ... it's like hedi slimane is dior homme forever or dior homme is hedi slimane forever ... i think hedi slimane (though he really got me mad by some times when he was at dh) has done a lot more for menswear in general than for dior homme in particular that it's becoming ridiculous to sum him up to dior homme ...

and of course he is overrated ... but still you can appreciate him for what he does. not everyone (from who i know) is having the neo-classic larry clark aesthetics that good ...

the fact miuccia prada allows him to shot her campain is enough a statement to me to shut up and try to understand ...

i also like the fact that fashion in general those recent times is having a certain recul about the fashion image those days. i really need this - though i like seeing outfits which are important for my eyes.
maybe too many images into my brain give me the envy to let my imagination work for once ... it sounds like the F.Sozzani state of mind (it's really making me think those days ... really !)

sorry i've d**** a lot this evening ... if it makes no sense ... forget ...

18-12-2008
V.I.P.

Disappointing to say the least. Hedi can, and has, done so much better than this.

18-12-2008
barcode

It's a nice photograph, but you know what? There are a lot of photographers who can take a nice B&W photo and manage to make it striking.

Overall it's kind of....empty.

18-12-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercification View Post
No male models and no Meisel. Recipe for disaster

agreed

19-12-2008
windowshopping

Such a wrong decision to let Slimane do Prada.

19-12-2008
Fat Karl

^^I agree.

It feels the same way as Sasha being replaced for the mainline campaign. I mean, I know there will have to be a time when Miuccia will have to move on, but it doesn't make the transition any less painful...at least Miesel will be doing the women's campaign. It's still frustrating because I thought the menswear collection had so much potential to make a GREAT campaign and I always like it better when the menswear and womenswear campaigns are similar, if not the same. It gives unity to a brand.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
and dior homme comments is actually what "annoys" me the most ... it's like hedi slimane is dior homme forever or dior homme is hedi slimane forever ... i think hedi slimane (though he really got me mad by some times when he was at dh) has done a lot more for menswear in general than for dior homme in particular that it's becoming ridiculous to sum him up to dior homme ...
I agree 100%.

Hedi Slimane's aesthetic is what made Dior Homme such a strong and aesthetically recognizable brand.

He reworks HIS Hedi Slimane aesthetic into everything he does, such as this campaign.

Dior Homme was one element of his OVERALL aesthetic. It's unfair for to refer to this ONE creative endeavour for the rest of his life.

19-12-2008
old-fashioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post

and of course he is overrated ... but still you can appreciate him for what he does. not everyone (from who i know) is having the neo-classic larry clark aesthetics that good ...
agreed.

Alluring

Looks O.K., but honestly, this collection was fantastic and I'm affraid Hedi will not show it's whole potential. I would like to see Meisel here so much but well, we'll see

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, claude, hedi, louis, menswear, prada, s or s, simonon, slimane