How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-03-2013
V.I.P.

The wow factor is missing for me here.

04-04-2013
trendsetter

rather odd finding these in the April issues of some Asian magazines...

zinio

04-04-2013
trendsetter

Amanda!

zinio

04-04-2013
V.I.P.

Yes! blows Vanessa out of the water

04-04-2013
fashion elite

What a dymamic triplet! Should we call them the new generation of Prada girls?
Vanessa looks the best in the campaign, she gives you angles and the clothes look the best on her. Irene would look better without the hair disaster and Amanda unfortunately looks a little lost.

04-04-2013
V.I.P.

I hope Prada feels like making new Sasha's out of these three. It's been a while since they produced relevant models.

I disagree on Vanessa. She's isn't a very exciting model to begin with (at least in my opinion) and the white background and little makeup/hair makes her fade in with the background, while Irene and Amanda have a much more distinctive look (and better modeling skills, again in my opinion).

Last edited by anlabe32; 04-04-2013 at 01:57 PM.
04-04-2013
fashion insider

Lol Vanessa wouldn't land 3 VI covers and 3 Prada campaigns if she didn't have the necessary looks and skills to model. These justifications of Vanessa's unworthy presence in this campaign are just downright absurd. Vanessa is the most lively model in the campaign put next to the lost puppy faces Irene and Amanda.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
I hope Prada feels like making new Sasha's out of these three. It's been a while since they produced relevant models.

I disagree on Vanessa. She's isn't a very exciting model to begin with (at least in my opinion) and the white background and little makeup/hair makes her fade in with the background, while Irene and Amanda have a much more distinctive look (and better modeling skills, again in my opinion).
The fact that Vanessa is actualy modeling and Amanda looks frightened (I love her either way) just shows her diversity. I still dont know why you think she lacks on modeling skills, everytime she works with Meisel she makes something different, from a dark gargoyle to a sexy 70´s girl passing through a vibrant and quirky girl and now she is doing a great job simply sellign the clothes and the bag and looking great, anyway this is not about Vanessa. I love the simplicity about this either way.

04-04-2013
trendsetter

When was this campaign shoot?
Posted via Mobile Device

04-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
Lol Vanessa wouldn't land 3 VI covers and 3 Prada campaigns if she didn't have the necessary looks and skills to model. These justifications of Vanessa's unworthy presence in this campaign are just downright absurd. Vanessa is the most lively model in the campaign put next to the lost puppy faces Irene and Amanda.
Can't you read? I said "in my opinion" twice. Just like these are your opinion and are not necessarily true.
Vanessa does nothing for me, not in this campaign nor the other two or her covers.

04-04-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
Can't you read? I said "in my opinion" twice. Just like these are your opinion and are not necessarily true.
Vanessa does nothing for me, not in this campaign nor the other two or her covers.
I know it's your opinion, and that was my response to it, lol.

fashion insider

The styling on Vanessa is far better than on Irene's and Amanda's shots, but again she fails to deliver.

The overall outcome of the shots is quite dull, almost amateur. I understand plain backdrops bring out attention on the products advertised, but in this case it makes it look like there wasn't much effort in doing this.

04-04-2013
backstage pass

Irene looks the best, then Vanessa. Amanda isn't doing anything for me.
The actual images are quite boring too

04-04-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Finally this got interesting, Amanda's shot is EVERYTHING! Vanessa appears very commercial looking here, not impressed by her shots at at all.

04-04-2013
fashion insider

Indeed I have to agree, Amanda's shot has some "raw" thing about it, that is quite eye-catching. I maintain my comments on the sloppy overall production though :p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, amanda, axente, hiemstra, irene, meisel, murphy, prada, prefall, steven, vanessa