How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-10-2008
boop

I don't think there is anything Guess about Ymre's face - she reminds me of Uma Thurman in the best possible way. She has a sort of classic beauty but it is tempered with something considerably more exotic. I enjoy her in these ads. She makes the cheap and cheesy handbags look almost worthy of the Prada name.

Prada Resort 2009
Ph. Steven Meisel
Model: Ymre Stiekema

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Bazaar November 2008

14-10-2008
trendsetter

As expected, it looks much better as a double-page (tacky bags and all). Thanks for scanning!

14-10-2008
V.I.P.

I really like it now I see the double page campaign, thanks for scanning

Mr. Magic

so much things going on....the flashy jewel, the glitter.. thank God the jacket isn't though

14-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR View Post
I don't know. I feel that this girl is more suited to modelling for Guess rather than Prada
Just a redirection of the brand, I think

14-10-2008
French Chic

I really this ad and even though I don't know alot about Ymre there is something interesting about her.
Normally I'm not a big fan of the 'next big thing model' that Prada promotes but Ymre has got something different IMO.
Hopefully they might use her for the mainline.

fashion insider

The model is fine but I wish someone hadn't point out that horrible nail polish. It's ruined the ad for me along with those awful bags.

V.I.P.

Ymre is almost too 'beautiful' for the Prada aesthetic.

When I think of Prada, I think of a savage, unique type of beauty. Gemma Ward, Sasha P etc etc

I'd prefer to see someone like Myf Shepard or Sigrid Argen doing these Prada campaigns.

15-10-2008
front row

Not following your logic there... how is Sigrid Agren any less of a straightforward beauty than Ymre? She (Sigrid) is pretty much the definition of a classic blonde.

Anyway, I don't really mind this "new" direction. Some kind of change was necessary. I also think people exaggerate the difference between this girl and previous campaign faces. Ymre may be overtly beautiful, but she has a strong face, not at all the "pretty" kind. And there was a time before Sasha, remember? You just have to look back a few years to find girls like Bridget Hall and Michelle Buswell (now that was weird). Not to mention Carolyn, Nadja etc back in the day. These things always move in circles, and I couldn't imagine anything more boring than Prada going straight for another Sasha type.

Last edited by Chatoyant; 15-10-2008 at 05:45 AM.
15-10-2008
V.I.P.

^^ What I mean was that if Prada is going to go with this 'classic beauty' aesthetic, then I'd prefer to see Sigrid than Ymre.

However, I still don't associate these girls with Prada.

Does that make sense?

15-10-2008
she's got the look

I really like this ad and I think that it is so much better that Linda's ads.
Hope that Ymre (and maybe other girls) gets the S/S 09 campaign.

A Belated Celebration

It kinda reminds me of F/W 2004 campaigns. I prefer this to Linda's..

15-10-2008
VSFS 2009!

I like it, personally. It's got a very tranquil effect and the color of the bags pop out beautifully.

15-10-2008
barcode

I completely agree with Luxx about Ymre. She's one of the more traditionally beautiful models working today, and I love the fact that she looks old enough to drink and vote. I wouldn't mind in the least if she became the new face of Prada for a while.

I'm intrigued by these comments about her not being a Prada girl. I think that because Sasha was in the ads for so many seasons, and because girls like Vlada, Irina and Daiane have been so popular recently in part because Miuccia has cast them so often, people have forgotten that Miuccia hasn't always featured strange looking models in her ads or on her runways. Gisele was a mainstay on Prada runways from like 1999 up until 2001. Daria Werbowy, Amber Valetta and Angela Lindvall have all done Prada campaigns (Daria and Amber have done 2 or 3 each). But I wouldn't put any of those girls into the "unique or strange" category. In fact, they're all on the more traditionally beautiful side.

As for the ads, they're pre-season ads. How good was anyone expecting them to be?

Last edited by Spike413; 15-10-2008 at 07:39 AM.
15-10-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatoyant View Post
Anyway, I don't really mind this "new" direction. Some kind of change was necessary. I also think people exaggerate the difference between this girl and previous campaign faces. Ymre may be overtly beautiful, but she has a strong face, not at all the "pretty" kind. And there was a time before Sasha, remember? You just have to look back a few years to find girls like Bridget Hall and Michelle Buswell (now that was weird). Not to mention Carolyn, Nadja etc back in the day. These things always move in circles, and I couldn't imagine anything more boring than Prada going straight for another Sasha type.
Please, don't remind us of the trauma. I loved most of the other multi-girl campaigns from that era, though. Well, actually, that one wasn't half bad either. If one covered Michelle's face.

You make some valid points. I just wish the change had taken another direction.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, meisel, prada, resort, steven, stiekema, ymre