How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2008
Plain Ol' Beautiful

The clothes look good, and I like this push-and-pull thing that's going on, but the model casting is the absolutely stupidiest I've ever seen.
I guess it's really part of the idea, but all of these blonde and white faceless beings kinda frighten me.

19-12-2008
V.I.P.

if some people don't know what i'm talking about ...
here is an example ... took the first one on google ....
i'll try to find something more similar ... it could be on an antic ceramique, too ... no matter what ... it looks like an antic composition ...
it's very good !!!!!

paris-photo.net
Attached Images
File Type: jpg athenes-acropole-17.jpg (49.8 KB, 26 views)

19-12-2008
backstage pass

I love it.......although there are so many models.....
but they look the same.....to me

V.I.P.

I guess i had high hopes for this but it looks pretty forgettable. Viktoriya just pops out of that shot so wonderfully

V.I.P.

I'm wondering if the fact they all look the same is not a part of the "concept" ... If i am right this campain is influenced by antic composition well there could be an explanation in the antic iconography / mythology ... but i was bad in antics class ... so for the moment i'm thinking of nothing ...

but seriously it's pretty sure it's influenced by the antic greece (or something belonging to the neo-classic period ...)

19-12-2008
DヤMMkammern

^ i totally agree on the antic composition thing BR.
the way they interact between them and how they are looking sideways and the whole "marble" look of it all makes the girls look like greek muses

btw, crazy balenciaga resemblance. prada looks better i think... and hey! that was a gorgeous collection from balenciaga!

Last edited by Dkammern; 19-12-2008 at 08:53 AM.
19-12-2008
daisy in my lazy eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
ok that's the BEST campain in years for Prada ...

It looks like an antic haut-relief (sculpture) for a Fashion temple.....
Perfect description. I believe that is more or less what they were going for. Antique statues that come back to life as bronzed goddesses. The whole collection conveyed ancient Greece to me. It all comes together in this campaign, it will be a memorable one for years!

I like the group casting (would not have been as effective with 3 girls ) but I just wish they'd picked Katie Fogarty instead of Sigrid. She totally disappears in a group setting.

19-12-2008
Plain Ol' Beautiful

I really think you're right about this antique idea, BR, it definitely looks a lot like those old friezes. Maybe that's the reason you can't tell the girls apart, because the ancient gods in these could only be recognized by their typical attributes.

V.I.P.

This is sheer brilliance... The clothes (and shoes!!) are gorgeous, the light and editing are great, all the girls look beautiful... I'm really excited about the rest! Just hope the pic is cropped and Anna J is somewhere on the right!

19-12-2008

Oh my gosh, BRILLIANT. Nimue and Viktoriya are such stars in this particular shot!

Anna J will probably pop up soon... Her and Toni aren't in all of the group shots, I don't believe (Unless they photoshop them in otherwise).

Last edited by Faith Akiyama; 19-12-2008 at 09:39 AM.
19-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Rock.Inc. View Post
who's the one girl that's missing? is she gonna be 'the star' of the campaign? a la the eye wear shots?
I believe Ymre will do the eyewear shots...

19-12-2008
V.I.P.

I actually really really like it. I didn't know what to expect and I always think people are too quick to praise something like Prada (or Chanel or Balenciaga, etc), but this is great.

The first thing I though when I saw it was like a clone factory, but in a good way.

And one last thing, VIKTORIYA LOOKS GORGEOUS. I love that she's got the most room to herself, girl's workin it.

utterly superfluous

I like the idea of the group shot. I like the casting. There are just two things that kind of bother me about this initial image:

The styling is so whitewashed that it makes the individual pieces undiscernable and slightly lost amidst the commotion of the ad. I understand how all of these pieces "go" together, but perhaps a few of the darker looks from the collection would have been nice.

Second, there are only a few girls in this campaign that are taking it there and interacting, pushing, and working. The others look a bit posed. Nimue wins for me!

That looks great!

V.I.P.

wow

worlds better than the sucky men's campaign.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, meisel, prada, s or s, steven