How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2008
front row

i don't see what everyone else is seeing...this is bland to me and doesn't make me interested in the clothes...and i don't know how anyone is saying that one girl outshines the other because they all look the same...yea i get the concept they were going for but it doesn't appeal to me...there have definitely been better prada campaigns in the past...but maybe after seeing the other pictures, it'll change my mind

19-12-2008
███████████████

I like yes is 1000 more bets of the lasts campaings i liked and rememberme to Balenciaga but is efective this campaing i need see more but are a good campaing

19-12-2008
V.I.P.

omg this is freaking adorable
i bet this is gonna be my fave ss campaign

V.I.P.

I find it boring, all look alikes can't distinguish who is who. I know it is all about the clothes but it is boring not a wow factor

19-12-2008
boop

Oh that Balenciaga campaign is bringing back so many memories. Sigh...the good old days!

Onward to Prada, I think it looks good but I'd love to see it in HQ. The whole series.

19-12-2008
V.I.P.

I cant wait for prada.com to upload campaign pictures

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealseven View Post
Yup, but if one uses the models he or she prefers, not other ethnic races, also doesn't equal he or she is racist either
I'm pretty sure the first comment was based on an observation of actions observed over several years rather than a single campaign casting. If folks still want to hang on the idea that after all these years Prada has never ever come across a single non-white model who could possibly fit into her campaign because of simple "preference" that's cool. (At least we got to see some Asians kill it in Miu Miu.) I'll just have to wait until some major black markets open up that fill half a hemisphere and then that magical black model will appear.

Edit: Please, Prada, let me eat my words and cast Jourdan.

Last edited by Bahiyya; 19-12-2008 at 11:57 AM.
19-12-2008
V.I.P.

^i'm not 100% sure but i wonder if Chanel ever shows a black girl .....
one other thing i'm wondering .... i am absolutely with Naomi Campbell, Alek Wek etc. fight over this "racism" issue in Fashion ...
But i always wonder why we summarize one person to his/her colour and not his/her heritage ... ??? don't we have gone over this colour thing ? didn't we evoluate ? why do we still consider colours and not nationalities ?
if we would consider nationalities well we should be happy non ?

i don't often hear people blaming about the lack of french or german models in campain ...

but that's a personal question which doesn't make me give up about a hidden ras-le-bol of not seeing as many black/asian/indian girls in ad campains as we see white models ...
i think we should go back to the brazilian girls (where mix of ethnics is clear ....) and forget the eastern girls ...

and for this particular campain i think the problem of race is not something we can talk about ... but maybe the choice of antic greek art is not innocent ... to allow a all white girls line-up ...

19-12-2008
backstage pass

I really like/love this ad, although i agree with MyNameIs that it is at least very marginal, especially when Jourdan Dunn would have been PERFECT for this campaign, as she was for the collection. But i think this concept was about everything looking the same, no difference, no character, because as you can see in the old Balenciaga ad, each girl stand stands as an individual, herself, but they are all united by the clothes and styling. Here, they are just clones, each is meaningless.

^^Bahiyya, love you comment, and yes, Sasha IS killing it!

Last edited by darri; 19-12-2008 at 01:22 PM.

19-12-2008
User Friendly

I'm loving this, very classical, like the plain white clothes. I'm guessing we are going to have an equally (if not more) dazzling shot with the gold metallic pieces from the collection.

Now if only Miu Miu can be this good (even with katie holmes..)

19-12-2008
backstage pass

Finally Prada makes a good campaign! The girls look amazing!

19-12-2008
backstage pass

Clear forefront on who's going to be on my best ads list this season!

19-12-2008
trendsetter

I wasn't expecting this at all but it's gorgeous. The three girls most right are selling it best though.

I was hoping for something slightly more ethnic, damp, Josephine Baker-esque. Perhaps too literal.

19-12-2008
trendsetter

I wasn't expecting much from this campaign, but I LOVE IT. All of the girls look gorgeous! Can't wait to see more!

19-12-2008
she's got the look

I'm guessing here if the background color will change. That would be interesting because there are kind of a group of brown, golden, white, patterned clothes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, meisel, prada, s or s, steven