How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Ad Campaigns
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2008
Tobias Funke

A far as the clothes go, it looks okay. i love the ribbon on Ymre's shoulder in the air, its really beautiful. I also love the bag placings and how the fit with not only the looks but the ad. The way Viktoriya is singled out, i really like it. Its as if Meisel is really gving her the space to shine above everyone else in the photo. Ymre really shows how perfect she is for the campaign, let alone the collection, and i don't even know if I like her yet as a model. And the way Katrin's cheekbone is defined like that, its gorgeous. My favorites are Viktoriya, Ymre and Katrin, everyone else seems like they are just there....

NeverNude

19-12-2008
V.I.P.

After Linda's disaster of the last season I can finally say:THIS IS SOOO AMAZING!
I love how all the models try to kick out the rivals from the scene
I also want to see the shot in golden dresses...I think the light effect will be amazing!
But overall...I still miss Sasha!

tfs star

I agree^^ I miss Saha too... but I think this is OK...so much better than plastic -surgery- gone- wrong- linda last time...
i disagree though with those who think Vikytoria looks the best.. to me she has the most boring pose despite having the most room... the best I think are the middle "three graces", very classical poses...very Botticelli, Sigrid Toni and Katrin... liking sigrid's the best..

I do like the concept and the clothes look great... I just think that there are too many altogether...

19-12-2008
V.I.P.

It looks striking, nothing we havent seen before but still well done, the clothes look good and i hated that collection with passion.

And about Prada casting when it comes to ethinc models, well i completly agree with Bahiyya's comment on the previous page!

19-12-2008
Geometric Discharge

I really like it.

19-12-2008
barcode

Stunning, absolutely stunning.

It's definitely not where I would have gone with the collection, but I really do like it a lot. In fact, I don't think I've liked a Prada ad this much since Daria's circa 2003.

The body language, the subtle coloration punctuated with the black ribbons and the way the lighting really shows off the texture of the clothes all works together really well.

I'll hold off on declaring that I love it until I see more of the campaign, but I have a feeling I will.

Last edited by Spike413; 19-12-2008 at 04:03 PM.
19-12-2008
old-fashioned

wow i had NO idea how this campaign would turn out. it makes justice to the beautiful collection, unlike last season. i love it.

rising star

Wow so stunning! I'm sure the gold dresses will show up as the climax of the campaign shots...they couldn't show us the best ones first or we'd all be let down after the rest missed the mark! And I adore the casting...all the girls are crazy gorgeous (and even though I know they all look similar that doesn't take away from their beauty) and I love that they look like statues.

I don't think anyone should be saying "shame on Miuccia for not using black models" because we can't judge her for that. I can't see Jourdan in this campaign because it would put the focus on her instead of the clothes...and it would make the multi-girl cast useless. Would Miuccia really do that? No, especially when she's using unrecognizable newbies to spotlight the designs. You can't force black models into the campaigns. That said, I'm not a fan of Jourdan anyway, but I think it would have been spectacular if they shot her and some others in the darker clothes against a dark backdrop (the opposite of this one) in addition to the one previewed. That could be so gorgeous...but it wouldn't be feasible to have two totally separate casts (would also be confusing) and especially with each cast being different ethnicities...people would call that racist too.

19-12-2008
Unveil Yourself....

Oh my!

This is exactly how I wished this campaign would turn out...full body-shot groupshots, just like that Balenciaga campaign for ummm FW 0607 I believe...perfect motion, perfect clothes (yes, I am a fan of the collection) perfect girls...Adore it to the bone

twitter.com/ErikP87
19-12-2008
V.I.P.

how you people can tell those girls apart is beyond me. they all look kinda the same to me, the first and last girl even look identical to me lol.

19-12-2008
V.I.P.

i like it but i think its
funny how ppl cant tell
who is who..which obviously means something
no1 to me outshines they all look equally the same
except for the 1 in the middle..love her pose

n i dont understand why Pradas clothes may not look
good on the runway but they photograph amazingly

Last edited by TREVOFASHIONISTO; 19-12-2008 at 06:34 PM.
19-12-2008
rising star

I really like this. It reminds me of the Balenciaga spring 2006 ads with all the girls in it. I miss Sasha, but I think the models that have been chosen for the past two campaigns fit the clothes better than Sasha would have.

19-12-2008
barcode

I don't think it's fair to say the girls all look blandly alike which is why no one can ID them for sure because half of the cast has their face turned in odd angles away from the camera.

19-12-2008
backstage pass

I love this picture,it's hard to say whether I will like the whole campaign,but so far very good

19-12-2008
V.I.P.

I liked this ads,are really pretty, and so much better than the past ones
Toni looks amazing, but I still got some trouble recognizing some model faces

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, meisel, prada, s or s, steven